What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
Does anyone know how to pull up a list of recently played players? I'm trying to hand out some GG's but can't find it anywhere!

Also, I've uploaded a training mode video to the Steam Workshop yet when I go to it I can't watch the video at all. It's just a grey box with an icon in it? Helppppppppp

Last edited:

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
And then console gets another hotfix and we play the waiting game again sadly.
:(

So, on PC when I go Tournament mode, I get the same 2 skins for every characters' variations every time. But today, I noticed on console it was randomized. Is that something as part of the recent console patch that PC hasn't got yet? Cuz...that's KINDA cool...but kinda not cool... Not sure how I really feel about that, honestly.

:(

So, on PC when I go Tournament mode, I get the same 2 skins for every characters' variations every time. But today, I noticed on console it was randomized. Is that something as part of the recent console patch that PC hasn't got yet? Cuz...that's KINDA cool...but kinda not cool... Not sure how I really feel about that, honestly.
You can change that in the configuration under the tournament tab

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
You can change that in the configuration under the tournament tab
Oh snap, ty. I musta turned it off on day 1, thinking it had to do w/ gear stats, and never realized - even after learning gear doesnt affect stats in Ranked/Tourney - to go back and change/check it.

XAO

Karnage Rules
So apparently someone created a 60 fps mod for menus, fatals, kb's, etc., and it looks gorgeous (and also fixes audio desync in story and ultrawide resolution).

Seems like it won't even affect online battles, but a lot of people worried if they'll get banned for using it.

@STB Hellbringer Yup, Release Check is already off.

One thing I'm going to try later today is changing the Controller option for Button Input Window. It's called something along those lines at any rate. Right now I have it set to "Long." Perhaps "Medium" or "Short" will do better for me.

if someone picks Jade my game crashes no matter what and gives me a corrupted data message

do i really have to reinstall or will their patch fix it

if someone picks Jade my game crashes no matter what and gives me a corrupted data message

do i really have to reinstall or will their patch fix it
I'd try verifying the integrity of your game's files first via Steam and then try again. Sounds like a corrupted file to me.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
We were messing around with setting a "default" armor set to use with tournament variations where you set the star symbol on your Variation. Well, if you go back and forth between the two variations and continue to switch the default back and forth quickly, you can "default" more than one armor set. This caused all our matches to desync during the loading screen.

Also, towers are still bullshit.

@Kroaken Towers of Time are supposed to be further adjusted with the forthcoming patch in the next few days.

Personally, I wish I could turn off Dragon Challenges in Klassic Towers. If there's a way, I have yet to find it.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
So apparently someone created a 60 fps mod for menus, fatals, kb's, etc., and it looks gorgeous (and also fixes audio desync in story and ultrawide resolution).

Seems like it won't even affect online battles, but a lot of people worried if they'll get banned for using it.
Apparently it's officially bannable now, according to a post on reddit

XAO

Karnage Rules
Apparently it's officially bannable now, according to a post on reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bil1i0 That reddit thread's title is misleading. It was a discord mod saying he'll ban people on discord for discussing it, not an official NRS/WB/QLOC statement. Also according to the mod creator, it doesn't even touch the game software.
And just imagine a backlash if they try banning people for that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bil1i0 That reddit thread's title is misleading. It was a discord mod saying he'll ban people on discord for discussing it, not an official NRS/WB/QLOC statement. Also according to the mod creator, it doesn't even touch the game software.
And just imagine a backlash if they try banning people for that.
This. It's not a ban from the actual game--just a mod being authoritarian on discord.

Hi folks,

MK11 has been crashing my PC and forcing a restart. I just got the game yesterday, and have only played tutorial and training modes for several hours. The crash happens like every 20 minutes. It's infuriating. Please help. Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5-8400
16GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2666MHz (2X8GB)
AMD Radeon RX 580X with 8GB GDDR5

Windows 10 is up to date, and so are my audio/video drivers. I've also verified file integrity on Steam. I've never had this happen with any other game.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

@Slick Rick By crash, do you mean crash to desktop or is it freezing your system? Is it crashing when you're doing specific things? What Controller or input device are you doing? For your Graphic settings, have you tried using the game's autoconfig option?

@Slick Rick By crash, do you mean crash to desktop or is it freezing your system? Is it crashing when you're doing specific things? What Controller or input device are you doing? For your Graphic settings, have you tried using the game's autoconfig option?
By crash, I mean I'll be playing, then out of nowhere the screen goes black, I get some funky broken record skipping audio, then my entire PC shuts down and restarts.

It's not happening during anything specific. I do recall it happening once during Raiden's antiair lightning move (db2?).

I'm using a Dual Shock 4, plugged in to USB.

I did use the graphics autoconfig initially. Then after having these problems, I've since tried High, Medium, and Low settings to no avail.