What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Hey all,

Just want to relay my initial experience. After the additional 45-ish minutes of unpacking the pre-load, it worked like a charm; no where near like the launch of Mortal Kombat X.

My system is a:

• Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC 6G
  • Windows 10 October 2018 Update
  • Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One
Like any game, it didn't recognize my video card and set the settings to its best guess, which was for an ATI Raedon card (not familiar with those as I'm an nVidia guy). I then did the autoconfig, and like most games, it set the settings well but a bit conservatively.

I play at 1080p, and simply went about maxing everything, turning off Motion Blur though (as I've never been a fan in any game), and ran the benchmark. Regular 60 FPS with an average of 59 FPS, so I was good to go.

I did the Basic Tutorial as well as the first Chapter of Story Mode, and it's playing fantastic. I agree with you, @Raider , there does seem to be some kind of grain filter that's not in the options, but it doesn't seem to be on all the time. Also, the audio is indeed quite low. I've encountered this with newer Bethesda Game Studios games as well, and the solution I found from a user on Steam is: Open Sound Settings>Device Properties>Additional Device Properties>Enhancements Tab>Check Off "Loudness Equalization." The audio is much improved after that.

I've also noticed that my screen saver triggers during cutscenses, which is odd. The Cutscenes are great though, and the lighting and character models are fantastic. Actually gameplay looks great, though I personally find the character models look more plastic, or action figure-like, than they did in Mortal Kombat X. I noticed this over the last few months while the game was being shown off, so it's not just a PC thing. Still looks great though.

Thus far, I'm also extremely pleased.

So I guess QLOC is responsible for the patches? Does that mean they'll be pushing the dynamic changes (like the Towers and Krypt changes) as well? I wonder how much lag there will be in terms of fixes/changes between Xbox/PS and PC (and Switch).
I believe so, as QLOC is the lead this time around. In terms of delay between patches and such, we'll need to wait and see. Overall, this experience is leaps and bounds better than the Mortal Kombat X launch, so I have hope it won't be too long a wait. Might not be the exact same time, but I'd be surprised at weeks and weeks like with the last game.

I’m experiencing annoying issue, after performing crushing blows, the fps will be 30 during the scene but for it to jump to 60 back again after the scene won’t be instant and that will make combo connection hard.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Nowhere near the disaster of MKX.

Game runs fine. I'm having some issues on some arenas where the characters look like they're fighting in bullet time lmao it must be my hardware. I solved for the most part by changing the resolution, but in some arenas still persists.

And audio is too low!

LockM

Noob
My game has been shutting down rather consistently.

CPU Intel Core i5-4670 @3.40GHz
GPU AMD R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS Windows 10
Hori Real Arcade Pro VX-SA

Gaxkang

Banned
Yes, i had them in Injustice 2. It started happening after one of the updates. But i also had different GPU during Injustice 2.

So far no crashes, but i am reading a lot of players are reporting that the game is crashing for them.

i5-4460
1050ti
8GB
1080p resolution.
And you have a solid 60FPS all the time?

Gaxkang

Banned
And audio is too low!
Yeah I have to turn my headphones all the way up...and remember to turn them down after closing the game, lest a random ear blasting happens with something else heh.

Dunno why the audio has to be like that.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Quick question. In the abilities menu, it says press square for presets but nothing happens. Am I just blind or... How do I get the tourney Variations?

Hey all,

Just want to relay my initial experience. After the additional 45-ish minutes of unpacking the pre-load, it worked like a charm; no where near like the launch of Mortal Kombat X.

My system is a:

• Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10 GHz
  • 16 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Windforce OC 6G
  • Windows 10 October 2018 Update
  • Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One
Like any game, it didn't recognize my video card and set the settings to its best guess, which was for an ATI Raedon card (not familiar with those as I'm an nVidia guy). I then did the autoconfig, and like most games, it set the settings well but a bit conservatively.

I play at 1080p, and simply went about maxing everything, turning off Motion Blur though (as I've never been a fan in any game), and ran the benchmark. Regular 60 FPS with an average of 59 FPS, so I was good to go.

I did the Basic Tutorial as well as the first Chapter of Story Mode, and it's playing fantastic. I agree with you, @Raider , there does seem to be some kind of grain filter that's not in the options, but it doesn't seem to be on all the time. Also, the audio is indeed quite low. I've encountered this with newer Bethesda Game Studios games as well, and the solution I found from a user on Steam is: Open Sound Settings>Device Properties>Additional Device Properties>Enhancements Tab>Check Off "Loudness Equalization." The audio is much improved after that.

I've also noticed that my screen saver triggers during cutscenses, which is odd. The Cutscenes are great though, and the lighting and character models are fantastic. Actually gameplay looks great, though I personally find the character models look more plastic, or action figure-like, than they did in Mortal Kombat X. I noticed this over the last few months while the game was being shown off, so it's not just a PC thing. Still looks great though.

Thus far, I'm also extremely pleased.
WooW what an interesting controller!! :D I never seen a "new" gamepad with that oldskool fighting game button layout. :)

Gaxkang

Banned
With Shadows and Lighting lowered to High and everything else on highest settings, yes i have constant 60fps during the gameplay.
Hrm cool.

I'm using a 750 Ti which is a bit less than yours. I got an i7-4770, and 8gb memory.

I can't do 1920x1080 and I didn't expect to...I still am messing with other settings but it's like when I seem to have stable FPS, random drops can occur or occur when doing fatal blows, which makes me wonder if it's some other issue.
1600x900 or 1368x768 seems to have same issues...I been messing with full screen, borderless and windowed too.

The benchmark isn't that useful since it gives a passing grade...but in fights the random drops can occur. But don't seem to in the benchmark.

It's interesting since Injustice 2 ran very smooth at 1600x900....and Soul Calibur 6, a 3d game, actually runs 60 smooth at 1920x1080.

I guess we'll see heh.

Kitanasbiggestfan

PSN: Roger_Melee I Steam: truesician
Quick question. In the abilities menu, it says press square for presets but nothing happens. Am I just blind or... How do I get the tourney Variations?
I'm having the same problem. Having to create the variations using this...

https://imgur.com/gallery/ENtFKoi

Not sure if I'm missing something but it won't let me update the names of the variations too.

Running really well for me overall apart from a couple of crashes at the start. Running on max settings:

i7 4800
Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
16GB Ram

When ever I press play it will say that the game is not ready? any ideas? Tried signing out, relaunching steam and rebooted computer still no luck

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
When ever I press play it will say that the game is not ready? any ideas? Tried signing out, relaunching steam and rebooted computer still no luck
right-click on the game in steam library, properties, local files, verify integrity of game files. Let me know if that helped.

The game itself runs great, except the Krypt which runs horribly. I've also noticed the film grain that some others have, which I don't remember being in the beta.

CJMxxx

Noob
Ok, we can access the tournament presets or I'm just dumb, I'm hitting 1 and nothing is happening.

I also think we MAY be a patch / hotfix behind, but not sure.

Game is running great though, so I'll give them that.

PSA: So as usual, TAA is making things blurry and weird. Turned it to just FXAA and that solved most of my visual issues.

To compare, watch Kano's chest hair (lol) in his intro with FXAA only vs. the TAA options. It's like night and day for decreasing blur and grain.

So far it's running just fine. Initially it didn't discover the right GPU and it failed to benchmark at the lowest possible settings and I was very concerned. Tried again manually and it worked fine, setting most everything to max. Like others have mentioned, krypt runs poorly even at 30fps but it looks great otherwise. Was very worried looking at the MK reddit complaints but the game looks good and hasn't crashed so far.
Currently using a ryzen 5 @ 3.2Ghz, 8 GB memory and an AMD radeon R9 290.

Last edited:
@Gaxkang That was my original card, which I just replaced with my 1660 Ti specifically for Mortal Kombat 11. From what I understand, the 750 Ti is officially below the minimum requirements, so I'm glad it's working well enough for you!

@Ray'sGoodLiquor It takes a while, took me almost an hour on my 75 mbps connection. The major delay was not an actual download, but the pre-install "unpacking," as I understand it.

@hearthtater I don't touch reddit, but what kind of complaints are people talking about? I remember with Mortal Kombat X, post-launch when things were cleaned up, there were still lots of people trying to run the game on systems, mainly laptops, well below the requirements. Curious if that's happening again.

CJMxxx

Noob
Confirmed, PC is a hotfix behind. How are Switch players and PC players just getting bent over the barrel here, c'mon.