What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Xzyj

Noob
are we on some kind of old patch on PC? frost 2nd tournament variation db4-ex doesn't freeze people but instead launches them, while i was watching Aris stream his version of this move freezed the opponent (he played on ps4)

Pizza

Thrill Kill
PSA: So as usual, TAA is making things blurry and weird. Turned it to just FXAA and that solved most of my visual issues.

To compare, watch Kano's chest hair (lol) in his intro with FXAA only vs. the TAA options. It's like night and day for decreasing blur and grain.
I should try this. In my case Kano's cibernetic eye looks orange lmao

@hearthtater I don't touch reddit, but what kind of complaints are people talking about? I remember with Mortal Kombat X, post-launch when things were cleaned up, there were still lots of people trying to run the game on systems, mainly laptops, well below the requirements. Curious if that's happening again.

There have been multiple posts of people saying the PC port's graphics look worse than the nintendo switch version, with horrible AA and stuttering while allegedly running at "max" . . . people claiming it's basically unplayable, stuff like that. Glad to see it was likely trolls or people attempting to boot it up on a potato :)

Edit : New to the forums, ended up cutting off half of the original reply so lost some context, sorry!

There have been multiple posts of people saying the PC port's graphics look worse than the nintendo switch version, with horrible AA and stuttering . . . people claiming it's basically unplayable, stuff like that. Glad to see it was likely trolls or people attempting to boot it up on a potato :)
Well, I can only suspect that and report my own experience. My system, which I detailed in a post above, is thus far playing the game fantastically! With Mortal Kombat X, people kept trying to play on "potatoes" and then "raging" at "poor optimization." That port did have lots of issues at launch, no question, but if you're playing on a system that's below the minimum requirements, well, what do you expect!

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Well, I can only suspect that and report my own experience. My system, which I detailed in a post above, is thus far playing the game fantastically! With Mortal Kombat X, people kept trying to play on "potatoes" and then "raging" at "poor optimization." That port did have lots of issues at launch, no question, but if you're playing on a system that's below the minimum requirements, well, what do you expect!
Yeah same here man except for having to select premade variations with mouse i have not ran into any pc problems yet. Game runs perfectly fine no crashes max settings at 1440p on a complete mid range system.

LeoNatan

Noob
Here's to another "but didn't Ed Boon say..." :DOGE

Didn't Ed Boon say that the PC version is so good this time, he believes patches would be delivered simultaneously?
:rolleyes:

For me, this game crashes here and there (it also crashes in the same places on the Switch). Hair is rendered really badly when TAA is enabled. There is a bug when modifying a variation, where it renders the preview incorrectly if not in 1080p resolution:

All in all, it's a pretty terrible port. Coupled with the rest of the grinding issues, I'd say anyone considering this should stay away.

Mr.Taubstumm

SlushyDealer
No problems on my end for now, just played for ~5 hours straight.
Rig is 4-5 years old with a Xeon 1231v3, 16gb of ram and a gtx 970.
Game is running silky smooth 60fps maxed out on 1080p.

XAO

Karnage Rules
The game runs great... only it runs for about 5 minutes and then forces me to main menu to show the servers message and closes :(

Last edited:

thejsn

Noob
Has anyone successfully gotten PS button prompts working on a Dualshock 4 connected wirelessly via bluetooth? I managed to get the options menu to show me dualshock, but when I hit save, it reverts back to thinking I have a 360 controller.

hexed

Noob
Played 6h on pc i7 7700k and 1060 6gb settings maxed out beat story and all tutorials and did some practice no glitches or crashes.. ill see how online goes in a day or 2 but so far its awesome

ToxiCrow

Noob
So I haven't had any bad things like crashes but this happens any time I mess with a character in Kustomize. If anyone knows if there is a way to fix it or if it's just got to wait I would appreciate.:

I've fiddled with the settings a bit, but I feel like the graphics always look a bit off. like it's a bit too blurry and see weird artifacts with the hair on the character models. I launched Injustice 2 again just now on pic...and I feel like the graphics in that game look better. The MK11 PS4 footage I have been seeing online these past few months look better. Or this all in my imagination? This is the machine I am running it on 14236

Smidge

Noob
R5 1600 @3.8Ghz
GTX 1080
16Gb 3000Mhz DDR4
Dual shock 4 controller

Pretty much flawless for me so far. Played for about 6 hours last night (full story mode, basic tutorials and a bit of the Krypt) with the graphics maxed out apart from motion blur and bloom. 1080p60 rock solid throughout.

Game did crash for me once whilst trying to set up AI settings for Johnny Cage in Kustomisation but that's it. Far better experience than MKX pre XL version.

Edit: This wasn't on the latest Nvidia drivers and I did see the weird aliasing issues in cutscenes and transitions with TAA turned on

Raider

Noob
I was doing some performance testing and i realized that Lighting is one of the most demanding effects in the game. To get stable 60fps i only need to lower Lighting from High to Medium, and that's enough. With lighting of High i am getting ~55fps. Only issue is... i am not seeing any difference between Medium/High lighting, not sure why is it so demanding. Maybe it's more visible on some stages.

Also TAA in this game is broken. That's why some of you are seeing "textures" issues and artifacts, it's actually TAA making everything look blurry. Use FXAA for now. Also there are some issues with hair not rendering as it should for some characters like Kano for example.