What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Kinda dissappointed with all these graphic issues to be honest. Was really looking forward for it’s visuals. Do ya’ll think think this will be fixed with patches?

I'm pretty sure my hardware is shittier than his, and yet I still haven't experienced any crashes, freezes or game breaking issues.

Comparing this to MKX's launch is weird. This man forgot about "menu simulator 2015"? I remember.
Yeah, I'm curious what his system specs are, and also with his Controller. And by that I mean his DualShock 4 working with his PC. As I understand it, a third party program is needed to get it to work, so perhaps there's an issue with the game working consistently with that program. Just a thought.

I have not experienced the issue he's having at all, at least not yet.

I've fiddled with the settings a bit, but I feel like the graphics always look a bit off. like it's a bit too blurry and see weird artifacts with the hair on the character models. I launched Injustice 2 again just now on pic...and I feel like the graphics in that game look better. The MK11 PS4 footage I have been seeing online these past few months look better. Or this all in my imagination? This is the machine I am running it on View attachment 14236
Have you tried running the game's own auto-config to see how it performs then?

Have you tried running the game's own auto-config to see how it performs then?
Yeah. Seems there are many other users with similar issues on steam. My computer is fine. I think I might try and get a refund....and just repurchase once I hear these issues are addressed.

Also TAA in this game is broken. That's why some of you are seeing "textures" issues and artifacts, it's actually TAA making everything look blurry. Use FXAA for now. Also there are some issues with hair not rendering as it should for some characters like Kano for example.
This. If anyone is having issues with poorly rendered hair, grainy artifacting, afterimages, etc, it is probably because you have FXAA+TAA set as your antialiasing. Change it to FXAA.

Also, to anyone having audio desyncs in story mode (I know I did constantly), pausing the game for a second or two when it happens allows the video to catch back up to the audio and resync. This was the only thing I could do to fix it, but it worked every time.

Anyone else have an issue with slowness setting in after viewing the Move List in practice mode? I'll play for an hour, no issues, then I'll check out the move list and suddenly the gameplay goes into extreme slow motion. Sometimes it comes out of it, most of the time its a restart.

Yeah. Seems there are many other users with similar issues on steam. My computer is fine. I think I might try and get a refund....and just repurchase once I hear these issues are addressed.
Your computer itself is fine, those are great specs. Did you update your Video Drivers, by chance? nVidia released ones specifically for Mortal Kombat 11 yesterday a few hours before the game unlocked.

If you haven't, give that a try.

If you have, or if that doesn't resolve many to all of your issues, going for that refund is a completely solid option. The only downer I see with that is you'd need to buy Shao Kahn, assuming you pre-ordered your current copy.

Oh, and for everyone, if you have found a bug (not a gripe on a design decision, but an actual bug or hardware compatibility issue), I'd advice a) submitting a ticket to WBIE and b) posting about it on the game's Steam forum.

Providing the details of how to recreate the issue, of course, would be best, and if you can screen grab or record the issue, that would be great to.

That way you're for sure bringing the issue to the attention of the publisher, and hopefully, the developer (WBIE and QLOC used to check the Steam forum back during the Mortal Kombat XL days), which means hopefully the issue will be addressed sooner rather than later for all.

Your computer itself is fine, those are great specs. Did you update your Video Drivers, by chance? nVidia released ones specifically for Mortal Kombat 11 yesterday a few hours before the game unlocked.

If you haven't, give that a try.

If you have, or if that doesn't resolve many to all of your issues, going for that refund is a completely solid option. The only downer I see with that is you'd need to buy Shao Kahn, assuming you pre-ordered your current copy.
I have not updated! Thanks. I'll do that as soon as I get off of work. I didnt preorder.

Raider

Noob
They need to fix this TAA bug ASAP! It looks really, really bad. And FXAA is sadly not enough to clean the image.

@kingjolly Good luck man, let us know if it works.

@Raider @Pizza I just saw the hair thing you guys are talking about, but thus far I've only seen it with Sonya's hair; specifically "young" Sonya. It looked a little fuzzy/grainy.

I haven't noticed other issues just yet. Just starting Chapter 10 of Story Mode.

Raider

Noob
Not a single word about PC on the kast. Guess we'll continue enjoying being a patch behind!
They will need to stop ignoring PC and issues ppl are having. This is just not acceptable. Not in 2019. FAA broken, low audio, game crashing for many, cutscenes audio issue...
Plus we are still missing day one patch and tower balance changes, ugh.

The game works fine for me. Not a single crash.

Y’all need to remember that you have to update your GPU driver, both amd and nvidia released updates to support the game.

People trying to make it seem like MK11 is a bad port like X is actually making me pissed, cause is NOWHERE near MKX. Trust me.

Now about the patch, it seems like NRS is a complete mess right now. Even the console versions are messy with errors on tutorial, bad default variations, mobile rewards missing.

It’s not perfect and the graphic can be a little off on story mode transitions, but other than that the game looks great for me.

With that said, does anyone know if there’s a way to use mic on the pc port?

This is to be expected from a NRS PC release though. I mean INJ1 we got screwed, MKX got screwed, INJ2 screwed, and now...WAIT...you wont believe it...could we possibly be screwed on mk11 lol.

In all seriousness though if everytime they release a pc fighter we get left behind then we shouldn't expect them to stop doing it. It's unfortunate, But they have a history for it. I know some people are already refunding their steam copies due to problems and now consoles are all $10 off.

Why PC version doesn't have day1 hotfix patch??
Came to ask this

The game randomly stops responding for me and goes to a black screen if I alt tab afterwards (game doesn't even minimize). I then have to end the task and run the game again. I've tried fullscreen and borderless modes, running steam offline to prevent it from connecting to the servers and verifying files. At first I thought it was an issue with recording actions in practice but then it did it after I reset character positions with the Back/Options button and just now it closed by itself while paused. Possibly an issue with practice mode itself but I started testing frame data only to realize Cassie still has the old frame data stated in the Patch Notes thread.

Intel i7-6700K
16GB DDR4-3200 RAM
MSI GTX 1070
Win10

Anyone else have an issue with slowness setting in after viewing the Move List in practice mode? I'll play for an hour, no issues, then I'll check out the move list and suddenly the gameplay goes into extreme slow motion. Sometimes it comes out of it, most of the time its a restart.
It´s not happening all the Time but i noticed that once or twice the Game speed slowed down alot (not just for a few seconds) i used it to lab in slowmo (1/2 half speed lul). But didnt ran into this problem today (or atleast not as noticable) changed the AA to FXAA only (the buggy sonya hair was killin me).

CJMxxx

Noob
I've had zero problems with crashing or anything else, running the game on a GTX 780. What really grinds my gears is the lack of hotfix. I just want to play the same version of the game everyone else is. In b4 but NRS doesn't handle the PC version :(

SZSR

Noob
Random question, i'm using a 360 controller and I can't access the Kustomization Presets by pressing "X". It just doesn't register, I have to just use my mouse to click the presets so then I can access the tournament variations.

I've got a work-around with my mouse but why isn't this functioning normally for me?

@CJMxxx As you mentioned, NetherRealms Studios is not working working on the PC version. Basically when they do a fix or change, it needs to be sent to QLoc, who then needs to get it into the PC version, test, and then get it live. With Mortal Kombat XL, when QLOC took over and cleaned that game up in spectacular fashion, patches where usually a few days behind because of this.

The update will come.

The game works fine for me. Not a single crash.

Y’all need to remember that you have to update your GPU driver, both amd and nvidia released updates to support the game.

People trying to make it seem like MK11 is a bad port like X is actually making me pissed, cause is NOWHERE near MKX. Trust me.
^Bingo.

@jadeisblack Re: the mobile rewards being missing that you mention, can you elaborate on that, as I may be experiencing that. I linked yesterday, got Souls and the Kronika announcer yesterday, but nothing rewarded in Mobile. Also, nothing in either title today thus far. I try relinking and get an error message now. Is that what's happening to others?

@NotKaiten You have an excellent system there. Have you updated to nVidia's drivers they released yesterday specifically to support Mortal Kombat 11? If not, please do so and see if it helps with your performance issues.

The Game seems to run better with my Xbox360 Controller connected. The Game Speed Slow downs or crashes seem to be tied to my PS4 Arcade Stick?