What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Raider

Noob
Was anyone able to unlock any of the new "???" gear by playing the towers? I am only getting Augments, and i don't own the Aftermath expansion.

Was anyone able to unlock any of the new "???" gear by playing the towers? I am only getting Augments, and i don't own the Aftermath expansion.
I'm halfway through Story Mode and I am unlocking Skins and Gear, but I think they're items from before. I suspect the new "???" are future Kombat League stuff, or something along those lines.

E

Eldriken

Whoooooa. When did this happen?

Has stuff like this always been there? If so, I have never noticed.

E

Eldriken

What stuff? Flawless block?
The game never specified before that you couldn't cancel into a special from certain buttons if they were Flawless Blocked. I never saw that description before and didn't notice it until just now.

Not sure if it's always been a thing, but I guess down pokes of any kind can't be canceled into a special if they get FB.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Wasn't this introduced when they normalized Outtake Johnny? I do remember it was implemented a while ago to cut down on his d1~rising star shit.

Not played
Starwars right? Strooongly dislike the Starwars universe (duck under fire)
Not played any Halo.
I highly recommend the Mass Effect trilogy; it's a fantastic game storytelling experience.

I'm not a big Star Wars guy either, I personally think the franchise is insanely overrated, but I can say that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a fantastic story telling role playing game, and it got me to like Star Wars. It's an old game now, 2003, but also highly recommended.

The Halo franchise is, in my opinion, one of the best FPS franchises out there. You can not go wrong with Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC.

Slymind

Noob
Would anyone kindly test ancestral gift NW for me?

I need to know if 221+2 is working as a grab and if B343+1 is doing the proper pushback.

E

Eldriken

Thanks for the info. I forgot all about those changes. Whoops! Spent too much time being salty, I reckon. >.>

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I highly recommend the Mass Effect trilogy; it's a fantastic game storytelling experience.

I'm not a big Star Wars guy either, I personally think the franchise is insanely overrated, but I can say that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is a fantastic story telling role playing game, and it got me to like Star Wars. It's an old game now, 2003, but also highly recommended.

The Halo franchise is, in my opinion, one of the best FPS franchises out there. You can not go wrong with Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC.
I've come to the conclusion that the Starwars thing for me is largely about the audio. As a whole, it's creative, but not really in a way I find interesting. I would probably be indifferent or even kind of like it if the sounds hadn't been preserved. Sounds can really modify my mood in a negative way, and all of the iconic Starwars sounds are irritating.

I also like not liking things everyone likes, because I'm just a little bit "that guy" apparently.

E

Eldriken

I've come to the conclusion that the Starwars thing for me is largely about the audio. As a whole, it's creative, but not really in a way I find interesting. I would probably be indifferent or even kind of like it if the sounds hadn't been preserved. Sounds can really modify my mood in a negative way, and all of the iconic Starwars sounds are irritating.

I also like not liking things everyone likes, because I'm just a little bit "that guy" apparently.
I wouldn't even say you're "that guy" unless you chose to not like them just for the sake of being different.

You're proof that there are people out there that can dislike something, tell you exactly why and not be a condescending asshole about it. lol

Does anyone know why the game is so quiet? I usually used headphones and didn't notice, but I put the sound on the TV and it was very quiet. I had to turn it all the way ip to hear the music and the dialogue. Not sure if it's the same on the console version.

Does anyone know why the game is so quiet? I usually used headphones and didn't notice, but I put the sound on the TV and it was very quiet. I had to turn it all the way ip to hear the music and the dialogue. Not sure if it's the same on the console version.
I find it quite low too. I’ve been lowering the sound effects so that I could hear the music better and then raising the overall volume. I use headphones. It’s always so jarring when I switch to another game because it’s super loud and then I have to readjust the volume of the other game. I only have this issue with NRS games.

Last edited: