What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
stage fatalities and friendships are working fine, towes of time are down for pretty much everyone i know. there is a reddit thread about it.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Kind of bothers me since that's how you play the CPU and unlock stuff like costumes and brutalities. I don't do a lot of it, but when I have new characters to get familiar and earn cosmetics for, it's kind of important.

I'm not too worried about it though, and not interested on being super negative about it when I'm sure there are people scrambling and maybe working through the night to try and fix stuff. Getting bodied by your own deployment is super unfun.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
One thing I've noticed that I hope sticks is the server fetches seem way faster and in line with the console. Waiting on "Retrieving Inventory" for 30 seconds every time I started the game was driving me nuts.

I'm finally going to pack it up for day 1. Be back on in the morning with coffee and a four armed monster. I'm pretty sure it's week of Sheeva for me.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Eveything was cool last night.. but now I am crashing to desktop eveytime it loads a new chapter in the story.

Are you guys using DX12 or 11?

not working for anyone. This is not a PC issue. They are up and down at the mo. There is something fishy goping on with NRS servers.
That's good to know.

I'm using Direct X 11, by the way, and I've had no stability or performance issues at all. The game is playing just as it did before for me (which is excellent).

Another bug I've found, in Story Mode, is if you're watching a cinematic and your screen saver kicks in, when you get back in-game, the cinematic is frozen. You can exit it, menus work, but restarting simply loads up a frozen cinematic. You can go play other modes of the game no issues though.

The only solution I've found is to exit back to desktop and to reboot the game.

Speaking of this, outside of disabling it or delaying the timer, does anyone know how to have Windows stop a screensaver from turning on when your watching cutscenes or have the game paused? This is something I've never been able to figure out.

E

Eldriken

I, uh, have never had that problem before so long as I have a game running. But if I have a browser or something open and it's just sitting there and I afk too long, it will simply turn off my display. Really don't know what could be the cause of that. :confused:

It also seems that NRS may have changed how the game communicates with the servers upon starting up on PC. I don't know if you're familiar with the unlocker tool for PC that lets you unlock all the customizations and such, but after the update, it doesn't work.

The program you need to use to get the required information for it no longer displays the information like it did before. It was working fine just two days ago and now it shows some shit about Xbox LIVE. I don't have anything running much less requesting information from the Net in regards to XBL, especially through MK11 on Steam.

In all honesty, it really isn't a big deal and doesn't change anything. I just wanted to unlock all the new customization items because the grinding requirements for some of this shit is nutty. lol

E

Eldriken

Just saw this tweet. WBIE Support is looking into the Towers of Time issues, as well as the balance update issues on PC.
That might have something do with what I just posted. Maybe the servers are fucking up? I dunno. The game retrieves my inventory just fine.

@Eldriken For screensavers, it happens to all my games. When I'm playing something, no problem everything is good. But if I start watching a cutscene in any game, at the five minute mark of being "idle," screen saver. Usually it's not an issue since cutscenes are rarely that long in most games, but for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and the Mortal Kombat franchise, it happens a good bit.

I am familiar with the unlocker, though I don't use it (or third party programs for games) myself.

I've also read on the Steam forums Towers of Time may be up again. It'll be a while before I can go test though.

E

Eldriken

Maybe you should just adjust the amount of time required before your screensaver kicks in? That's about the only thing I can think of. lol

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Or just turn it off. Screen savers ... people still use them.. we are not using CRT Monitors anymore.. your monitor probably has a power down feature, like your TV and stuff. Righ click your desktop and the options to diable the screen saver is in there... or a google will show you how.

@Jynks My LCD monitor is an older Samsung SyncMaster P2270. I bought it in 2009 and it's still going strong.

My TV is a Samsung LN32C35D1DXZC, which I bought used for $20.00 Canadian from my company in 2013. It's also still going strong.

I typically don't like to replace stuff until it's really needed, or it breaks.

• Female Commander Shepard, one of the two possible player characters, from the Mass Effect Trilogy.
  • Bastilla is a primary supporting character and a Jedi Padawan from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. She reprises the role in the sequel and, I believe, the MMO.
  • Commander Sarah Palmer is the officer in command of the Spartan-IV's in the Halo franchise, first introduced in Halo 4.