What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Gooberking

Solidly Mediocre
Where the hell do you find the .exe file on a steam game? I'm losing my mind D:
Going off memory here, so it won't be perfect.

Look for a folder called "common" in you main steam folder. That should have the games. You should also be able to open local files for a game by right clicking the name and selecting something to open up the big options dialog. One of the tabs leads you to a way to get to the games files.

I know that's super vague, but maybe it's enough to get you there. Someone else can the specifics if not.

For mk I think the exe is in its binaries folder

Going off memory here, so it won't be perfect.

Look for a folder called "common" in you main steam folder. That should have the games. You should also be able to open local files for a game by right clicking the name and selecting something to open up the big options dialog. One of the tabs leads you to a way to get to the games files.

I know that's super vague, but maybe it's enough to get you there. Someone else can the specifics if not.

For mk I think the exe is in its binaries folder
It was actually enough, thank you

yes , then i rebooted my pc and voila. i had massive fps boost and my cpu usage went down big time. i tested with other games like i said and it worked. this is 100% a microsoft fuck up with windows 10 but again do not turn off Control Flag wide. just specific programs.
Good stuff man. As I mentioned, my performance has generally improved a lot with recent patches, but if I start having reoccuring issues again, I'll give this a whirl.

Wow, a full week behind console patch with such a game breaking bug as Forfeit glitch! I usually defend the devs but it totally destroys my Season 3 campaign in KL. And I couldn't get the Brutality I wanted even though we had the same tower as consoles but with no brutalities as reward, WTF is this? I know they promised it will be up for us but without a timetable it will be hard AF to catch it.

Unless this patch brings great improvements it'll be a major blow for the PC kommunity.

Gaxkang

Noob
The new patch has made the performance for me back to the real good it was before the Nightwolf patch.

If it stays like this, I would consider it a great port. Animations are all smooth, menus load quick, game also closes a bit better.

A lot of issues when they happened are on their end it looks like as evidenced by the new patch...which means hopefully the great performance won't go away with another patch in the future. :eek:

Gooberking

Solidly Mediocre
It does feel more rock solid even now. My system struggles just a little to keep up with some of the 60FPS fatalities, but the main game seems console like smooth at the moment. Those 60FPS perks are super nice. That always stands out when I fire up the PC version after having played on PS4 for a bit.

Yeah, my CPU usage has gone way down since the last patch. Even when loading the game, it's not always at 100% anymore, and when it does go there overall, it's not there long.

I think they may have properly fixed things this time, at least for me.