What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

DeftMonk

Noob
Man, I HATE this damn game sometimes! Ironically 'I hate this game!' is the gamer tag of the latest lag cheater who's lurking out there. Burn in Hellfire, bitch!
Ya actually I got matched up vs some guy last night named “This Game Sucks”like 3-4 matches in a row. He was 48-1 or something. All 3-4 of the games I “played” against him immediately disconnected after we picked our fighters. I caught the L and he caught a win. No idea how in the hell he did that but wtf.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
797 players in mk11 right now via steamdb, this game needs Crossplay ASAP or its dead in 2 months
it has these numbers, cause PC version is a crap in the current state, with a lot of glitches, bugs desync, and crashes to desktop when playing online, so, a lot of players in PC just got the fuck out and abandoned the game and migrated to the PS4 version until Qlock fixes this shit one day, or maybe never, rsrsr :p

I've been noticing an increase in crash-to-desktops myself, though in Offline modes. Usually happens shortly after boot up, after I'm about to complete, or have just completed, my first Tower in Towers of Time.

It happens once, and then not again. It's happened the last three clean boots.

Unto itself, this doesn't bother me so much, save that in each instance I had almost completed, or had completed the Tower I was working on and it didn't give me the completion/rewards, forcing me to do it again. That part is frustrating.

I wonder if it does have to do with the nVidia driver I updated to on Friday, as it started after that. This is the second most recent driver.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
The hotfix that corrects Kano's damage apparently has not been released on PC yet. The actual patch for the third Variations, Terminator, balance changes, etc., has been released.
Ahh, i see, ty. I see the patch notes also say "fixed several rare online desync causes". Has anyone still been having issues w/ this? I still had desync issues last KL. And yes, my RGB is all off in the .ini. So I can only assume its the other players who haven't changed their settings.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Just a heads up to those who aren't in the know: these two fuckos are lag switchers. If you can decline at the start, do so. If the match goes through, simply unplug the power from your router to kill the match and not end up with an L.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
#9 & #40? Had no idea I played with top 50 royalty. Not quite as prestigious as battling giants in the mighty plains of Playstation kingdom, but still.

Personally a lot of the performance issues and jitteriness I was dealing with two months ago is mostly gone, although the game still seems to crash just as much as it ever did. I'm not getting the odd artifacts I used to either, but we could definitely still use some love.

Slymind

Noob
797 players in mk11 right now via steamdb, this game needs Crossplay ASAP or its dead in 2 months
It's 1200+ right now, weekends even more so, when next season arrives it will likely increase even more, plus the remaining DLC. Im all up for crossplay, but MK11 numbers on steam are steady, not the biggest, but steady for quite a while now, it won't be dead anytime soon, despite the many issues with the port since release.

Also, expect new influx of players, once the 50% deals and complete edition start to pop in the future.

I've been noticing an increase in crash-to-desktops myself, though in Offline modes. Usually happens shortly after boot up, after I'm about to complete, or have just completed, my first Tower in Towers of Time.

It happens once, and then not again. It's happened the last three clean boots.

Unto itself, this doesn't bother me so much, save that in each instance I had almost completed, or had completed the Tower I was working on and it didn't give me the completion/rewards, forcing me to do it again. That part is frustrating.

I wonder if it does have to do with the nVidia driver I updated to on Friday, as it started after that. This is the second most recent driver.
What driver are you on exactly? 436.48 works okay for me. I had a few crashes here and there but never in ToT.

Then I upgraded to 441.08 and I had a bad crash during a KL match that took a fat -100 off of my points tally and I instantly went back to 436.48. I'm fine with that ever since. I haven't tried the 'Red Dead 2' update (441.12) yet and I won't update until a new patch is out for PC.

The one thing I noticed since I put together my new PC is that the flickering is actually worse on the new rig. I used to play on Win7/DX11/GTX 1060, now I'm on Win10/DX12/1660 TI and everything is smoother and more stable except this flickering.

What driver are you on exactly? 436.48 works okay for me. I had a few crashes here and there but never in ToT.

Then I upgraded to 441.08 and I had a bad crash during a KL match that took a fat -100 off of my points tally and I instantly went back to 436.48. I'm fine with that ever since. I haven't tried the 'Red Dead 2' update (441.12) yet and I won't update until a new patch is out for PC.

The one thing I noticed since I put together my new PC is that the flickering is actually worse on the new rig. I used to play on Win7/DX11/GTX 1060, now I'm on Win10/DX12/1660 TI and everything is smoother and more stable except this flickering.
I'm currently using 440.97. The last full weekend of each month, I simply update everything, and that's the driver that was available on the 26th of October.

For flickering, it still does happen to me, but isn't crazy often. It's a minor thing for me right now.

I'm currently using 440.97. The last full weekend of each month, I simply update everything, and that's the driver that was available on the 26th of October.

For flickering, it still does happen to me, but isn't crazy often. It's a minor thing for me right now.
That's the one. It wasn't 411.08 but 440.97. I went back to 436.48 and it's okay. I won't upgrade until another patch comes out for MK11 and I will update my drivers then.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
So, it seems like there is another bogard wanna be ape called " Erdward_Carnby_47". At first I saw he had a good record so I was like "nice, a good challenge". Then our first match desynchronized when I had a huge life lead in the first round, and the dude was nothing special really, even mashing raw nomad dash.But I thought to my self...meh it's okay, desyncs happen. Then we matched again and the same thing happened. Then we matched one minute later AGAIN. Same thing happened. Whenever you get the life lead or you beat his ass he just makes the session desynchronize. And he has a 14 win streak lel

On Thursday the latest PC patch released. It addressed the Kano damage scaling issues with his "Ratbag" Variation, so we're now back on par with console balance.

This patch also added in some groundwork for upcoming DirectX 12 support.

Full patch details:

Kano’s “Ratbag” variation special move “Snake Bite” now scales correctly
Fixed an issue that was causing a crash in Team Raid.
Fixed multiple minor issues with Mouse/Keyboard input.
Fixed several issues with RGB supported devices.
Added RBG colour themes for Klassic Arcade Fighter Pack 2.
Fixed several issues with Ultrawide screen resolutions.
Localization updates and fixes.
DX12 support is currently in development and will be released as soon as it’s ready! We are currently rolling out changes to the Steam version of Mortal Kombat 11 to lay the foundations that will allow this support in the near future. More details to come!

Source.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
On Thursday the latest PC patch released. It addressed the Kano damage scaling issues with his "Ratbag" Variation, so we're now back on par with console balance.

This patch also added in some groundwork for upcoming DirectX 12 support.

Full patch details:

Kano’s “Ratbag” variation special move “Snake Bite” now scales correctly
Fixed an issue that was causing a crash in Team Raid.
Fixed multiple minor issues with Mouse/Keyboard input.
Added RBG colour themes for Klassic Arcade Fighter Pack 2.
Fixed several issues with Ultrawide screen resolutions.
Localization updates and fixes.
DX12 support is currently in development and will be released as soon as it’s ready! We are currently rolling out changes to the Steam version of Mortal Kombat 11 to lay the foundations that will allow this support in the near future. More details to come!

Source.
Hot damn. I genuinely thought they'd wait till Sindel's release to fix Kano. Kinda impressed.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Is it possible for people to have bots for some reason? I've run into one guy twice lately ( think it was the same person), and literally does one thing over and over non stop the entire time. Once as Kitana threw fans a couple of times then started jumping and doing edenian twist over and over. It was block punish over and over with not a hint of trying to do something else.

This last time it was Lao hat teleport over and over. I just jumped and blew it up over and over and dude died and wanted a rematch. WTH? No. Mash buttons blindfolded and it would be playing the game more.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
So, it seems like there is another bogard wanna be ape called " Erdward_Carnby_47". At first I saw he had a good record so I was like "nice, a good challenge". Then our first match desynchronized when I had a huge life lead in the first round, and the dude was nothing special really, even mashing raw nomad dash.But I thought to my self...meh it's okay, desyncs happen. Then we matched again and the same thing happened. Then we matched one minute later AGAIN. Same thing happened. Whenever you get the life lead or you beat his ass he just makes the session desynchronize. And he has a 14 win streak lel
To be fair, there IS a chance all his desyncs were bugs. It is a shame Quitalities don't apply to 1st round, so we can distinguish the sincere accidental desyncers w/ the altf4'ers or plug pullers.

But speaking of...

Will this fix the RGB-related desyncs? I figured last patch would've but apparently it didn't.

Desyncs are honestly the main reason I don't play. Every time I try to jump back on, I get like 1/3 desync rate.

And yes, my RGB settings are off in the .ini.

Last edited:
Is it possible for people to have bots for some reason? I've run into one guy twice lately ( think it was the same person), and literally does one thing over and over non stop the entire time. Once as Kitana threw fans a couple of times then started jumping and doing edenian twist over and over. It was block punish over and over with not a hint of trying to do something else.

This last time it was Lao hat teleport over and over. I just jumped and blew it up over and over and dude died and wanted a rematch. WTH? No. Mash buttons blindfolded and it would be playing the game more.
I don't believe so, likely just very, very poor gameplay on the part of your opponent.