What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

I've built a brand new PC recently with specs that should be able to handle MK11 flawlessly. I'm on Win10 now with the latest drivers installed. I did the integrity check after the latest patch, everything was okay.

I went 5 days without a crash, Krypt was much smoother, I played ToT without a CTD, Online was fine except a few desynchs (but I had a suspicion that Bogard is not the only cheater, there's a guy named Arkhem who quits immediately as you score the final hit and disconnects in a way that you didn't get points). So I enjoyed my new rig and its advantages...

... until today. I was checking someone's Kombat Kard after my online session and when I tried to access his kharacter history, my game crashed to desktop without any error messages. So that's how it is then? No matter what hardware I have, there's no way no to have these freaking CTDs?

The last two patches made the game much more stable and much smoother but these random CTDs just won't stop happening. The last two crashes were kinda harmless in a way because both happened in a passive period when I was not actually playing (the previous one was on the Kombat League screen right after I finished a set) but it can really ruin my experience. It's annoying to know this can happen basically any given time. I wondered whether it was my old rig's fault but apparently it still happens.

I've built a brand new PC recently with specs that should be able to handle MK11 flawlessly. I'm on Win10 now with the latest drivers installed. I did the integrity check after the latest patch, everything was okay.

I went 5 days without a crash, Krypt was much smoother, I played ToT without a CTD, Online was fine except a few desynchs (but I had a suspicion that Bogard is not the only cheater, there's a guy named Arkhem who quits immediately as you score the final hit and disconnects in a way that you didn't get points). So I enjoyed my new rig and its advantages...

... until today. I was checking someone's Kombat Kard after my online session and when I tried to access his kharacter history, my game crashed to desktop without any error messages. So that's how it is then? No matter what hardware I have, there's no way no to have these freaking CTDs?

The last two patches made the game much more stable and much smoother but these random CTDs just won't stop happening. The last two crashes were kinda harmless in a way because both happened in a passive period when I was not actually playing (the previous one was on the Kombat League screen right after I finished a set) but it can really ruin my experience. It's annoying to know this can happen basically any given time. I wondered whether it was my old rig's fault but apparently it still happens.
Crash to desktop can happen with many games though, and on multiple platforms, it's not just a Mortal Kombat 11 thing. If the crashes are happening often, that's not good and there's likely an issue, but the odd crash to desktop once in a blue moon is not abnormal.

As I mentioned above, I was having crash issues with Mortal Kombat XL on an Xbox One X, though that seems to have stopped now.

On PC, I get the odd crash with Mortal Kombat 11, Mortal Kombat XL, Killer Instinct (2013), The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition, etc. In fact, it's Blizzard Entertainment's titles, and only theirs, that I don't recall crashing on me at all.

So they pushed out the "patch" for the Helloween costumes but not the hotfix to bring pc to 1.11?? Nice work WB..hope noone buys the stupid skins in response!

I am getting an error about random assets all the time and its driving me mad. I have to validate the game 2-3 times per day! I have uninstalled the game, re-installed in different hard drive,no difference. Anyone knows how to solve this? Combined with the constant desynch issues it makes me just want to quit this game once and for all.16061

I am getting an error about random assets all the time and its driving me mad. I have to validate the game 2-3 times per day! I have uninstalled the game, re-installed in different hard drive,no difference. Anyone knows how to solve this? Combined with the constant desynch issues it makes me just want to quit this game once and for all.View attachment 16061
I've never seen that one before. Outside of changing HDD's, are you changing the directory path from the default at all? Are you using any mods?

portent

Noob
Interesting thing for everyone to know: I picked up an Xbox One X last week, found a good deal on it. I also subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate, of which Mortal Kombat X is a part.

I downloaded Mortal Kombat X over night and have been toying with it this morning. The interesting thing for you all to know: It often crashes on start up. This is on the Xbox One X. This is the first-party-developed version of a well established, four and a half year old game.

Apparently with the franchise, the PC isn't the only platform with issues.

Not sure if it's oft crashing due to something with Game Pass or not, but it usually takes a few launches for it to properly get me into the game. I'm also rusty AF; really play so differently from Mortal Kombat 11.
I noticed MKXL crashing on my XB1 as well. Well known issue.

I am getting an error about random assets all the time and its driving me mad. I have to validate the game 2-3 times per day! I have uninstalled the game, re-installed in different hard drive,no difference. Anyone knows how to solve this? Combined with the constant desynch issues it makes me just want to quit this game once and for all.View attachment 16061
this looks like a dlc bug to me

on steam in your library , uncheck the last downloaded DLC you got. and see if its crash again.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I feel like I half noticed this last night, but I only played one dude for like an hour+ and didn't see many match stats, but when did they remove the FPS indicator before matches? Is it hiding elsewhere?

It looked like it's just not there anymore. I would 100% dodge people running low FPS. Since the NRS games now can skip rendering frames if a system gets too far behind, it may not slow the actual game down the way it used to, but I can't imagine it's helpful for reliable and consistent net delivery when a struggling system isn't keeping up.

The mass number of people I used to see running in yellow and even red was frighting; even not that long ago. I don't think it's the same awful slow-mo causer that it was in MKX, but still.

Toruko61

Noob
I feel like I half noticed this last night, but I only played one dude for like an hour+ and didn't see many match stats, but when did they remove the FPS indicator before matches? Is it hiding elsewhere?

It looked like it's just not there anymore. I would 100% dodge people running low FPS. Since the NRS games now can skip rendering frames if a system gets too far behind, it may not slow the actual game down the way it used to, but I can't imagine it's helpful for reliable and consistent net delivery when a struggling system isn't keeping up.

The mass number of people I used to see running in yellow and even red was frighting; even not that long ago. I don't think it's the same awful slow-mo causer that it was in MKX, but still.
It's most likely gone since the terminator patch.
Wondered why people could decline kl matches despite having good ping.
At least u are not forced to play against low fps players.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Does it tell you they are low fps in KL? I've only done kl once on PS4. I'm not willing to attempt it on pc. I really think once was enough anyway.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Does it tell you they are low fps in KL? I've only done kl once on PS4. I'm not willing to attempt it on pc. I really think once was enough anyway.
Sort of. There's a meter with Low / Medium / High (Red / Yellow / Green), but there's no numerical value to it. If they're yellow or under, you can decline even if the ping is 1ms.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Sort of. There's a meter with Low / Medium / High (Red / Yellow / Green), but there's no numerical value to it. If they're yellow or under, you can decline even if the ping is 1ms.
So that is still in ranked? In totally aware that the indicator existed. What I was saying before is that it was removed from casual play.

Seems extra weird it would remain in on place and not the other.

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
The reason you can decline anyone you want regardless of ping is because of the KL points scale.
In KL, you'll have to pay attention to your opponents ping and both points bars.
You want to look at how many points you and your opponent will gain for winning and how much points will be subtracted if defeated.
I've declined a lot of people on PC with super low ping simply because points weren't looking good if I win or lose.
I mean, whats the point of KL if you're not tying to get rewards and move up the ranks such as Grand Master, Demi God, and ect..?

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
So they pushed out the "patch" for the Helloween costumes but not the hotfix to bring pc to 1.11?? Nice work WB..hope noone buys the stupid skins in response!
I haven't been fully following whats been going on lately. Did the Terminator patch not bring PC to 1.11? The Nightwolf patch brought it up to 1.10 (even tho 1.10 was on console earlier), so I figured they'd get their balance patch + new character timing down. But they didn't? So they just added Termie and the 3rd variations and that's it? Didn't do any of the balance changes? Or like the list corrections, added brutalities/taunts, etc?

I haven't been fully following whats been going on lately. Did the Terminator patch not bring PC to 1.11? The Nightwolf patch brought it up to 1.10 (even tho 1.10 was on console earlier), so I figured they'd get their balance patch + new character timing down. But they didn't? So they just added Termie and the 3rd variations and that's it? Didn't do any of the balance changes? Or like the list corrections, added brutalities/taunts, etc?
The hotfix that corrects Kano's damage apparently has not been released on PC yet. The actual patch for the third Variations, Terminator, balance changes, etc., has been released.

Yesterday I upgraded my nvidia driver to 440.97 and I have the wierdest crash so far. Screen froze and the cursor appeared on the screen, I tried to access Task Manager to close the game but I couldn't. I could move the cursor but that's it. Then after a minute or so the game closed itself. I immediately deleted 440.97 and went back to 436.48.

It was the first crash since the latest update, and I did the integrity check after it, everything was fine. I'm really fed up that I can't get a crash free period between two updates. And it was a painful crash because I played one of those fucking +20/-100 matches and I was 1-0 up against a pain in the ass Upgraded Jacqui and was about to win the first round of the second match when it happened. I lost 100 points last week because I went away for a road trip with friends, I played a match right before leaving and came back 3 and a half days later and they already took 100 points from me. But we still have numerous fuckers out there lag switching or breaking connection without konsequences.

Man, I HATE this damn game sometimes! Ironically 'I hate this game!' is the gamer tag of the latest lag cheater who's lurking out there. Burn in Hellfire, bitch!

Yesterday I upgraded my nvidia driver to 440.97 and I have the wierdest crash so far. Screen froze and the cursor appeared on the screen, I tried to access Task Manager to close the game but I couldn't. I could move the cursor but that's it. Then after a minute or so the game closed itself. I immediately deleted 440.97 and went back to 436.48.

It was the first crash since the latest update, and I did the integrity check after it, everything was fine. I'm really fed up that I can't get a crash free period between two updates. And it was a painful crash because I played one of those fucking +20/-100 matches and I was 1-0 up against a pain in the ass Upgraded Jacqui and was about to win the first round of the second match when it happened. I lost 100 points last week because I went away for a road trip with friends, I played a match right before leaving and came back 3 and a half days later and they already took 100 points from me. But we still have numerous fuckers out there lag switching or breaking connection without konsequences.

Man, I HATE this damn game sometimes! Ironically 'I hate this game!' is the gamer tag of the latest lag cheater who's lurking out there. Burn in Hellfire, bitch!
Honestly, I find public Online play, Kombat League or not, can't be taken seriously because of stuff like the above.

Private sets are the way to go. You should look into the PC League that got started here.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't disconnectors and lag switches still be an issue?
when the whole system is fucked up and kinda useless when you want to play good matches these people dont matter anyway.
casual where you can at least deny shit ping was a anchor but no one plays it anymore so ...yeah...online for the sake of having matches where skill is the only factor is gone in ranked. its just grinding via flowchart and shit ping to get some costumes and pat yourself on the shoulder when you got the one you want.

the ranks in mk11 have nothing to do with any form of skill..unfortunately. being forced to play against italians, spain, russian guys where you know the connection is shit or +150 ping wifi players....the disconnectors are the smallest issue.

Last edited: