What's new

Patch Update: Reptile has Armor on Ex-slide

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
The armor buff is good. It won't 100% solve his bad matchups, just will make them a little easier (Though not as much as you guys think). Also, the armor will give him an option vs frame traps, because as it stands, Reptile is one of the few characters who cannot deal with +frame strings due to lack of armor (Notice how Noob is also getting armor?).

The damage nerf is just a compensation, and it's not that bad. Reptile already has some of the highest opportunities to get 25+% from ANYWHERE on the screen. IMO 34% from jabs isn't really necessary. Plus I kinda understand now how difficult it can be to punish elbow. It's easy when you are fully predicting it, but at times it can be hard. The new animation just makes it more obvious, you still have to time stuff.
Thats the number #1 thing Reptile gets out of this. Getting out of frame traps and countering projectiles that he can't slide under like a Sub-Zero freez ball or a Reptile forceball.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
What specific point in the stream does reptile do his bnb? His damage seems the same from what I've seen so far.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
The elbow dash nerf was necessary, the armor on ex slide I have no clue on how to comment on, but that damage nerf to combos is just really shitty. I use Raiden and he can EASILY rack up 30-40% combos without burning much meter if at all, there's no reason to slap Reptile around and leave Raiden alone assuming they aren't going to nerf his combo damage.

sLeeK

Noob
okay so this damage nerf is a myth then?? in my mind I thought 122 SFB bnb was getting nerfed?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only projectiles armor will actually matter on are Skarlet, Mileena, and Sektor's. The frame trap option is the bigger point behind the armor. That's why Noob and Sindel were getting it as well.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I have calmed down, and now I am going to say, although this damage nerf sucks...I'm ok with it, I had to stop seeing red and look at the whole picture.

cyke_out

Noob
Wow, everyone is getting armor and ways of getting out of frame traps, if you reptile players don't want it, mileena will gladly take some armor and ways out of frame traps then. Her EX neck bite is kinda useless at the moment.

I still don't think this will make the reptile/mileena match up in his favor, just a bit easier on his end.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
OK. After reviewing the video he does do the 3,2-ffb-3,2-sfb-3,2,1-slide: 26%

Now I think OmegaK is right that it already does that, but doesn't ffb-3,2-sfb-3,2,1-slide already do 26%.

I will have to go home and check.

If they just gave Reptile armor on his slide thats stupid and will make him overpowered..

hardwire

Noob
Reptile players should be fine with making the dash easier to punish. The defense has always been that good players punish it anyway and it's only hard online with lag. This should make no difference in offline competitive play right?

this

rofl i told you all it was coming :)

btw i hope yall dont get your damage nerfed i never once said that was an issue with reptile just the dash

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
this

rofl i told you all it was coming :)

btw i hope yall dont get your damage nerfed i never once said that was an issue with reptile just the dash
It's only on block not wiff and it's only from -15 frames to -21 frames. So there is a slight difference with the dash, but hardly.

Aboolayla

Come At Me Bro
OK. After reviewing the video he does do the 3,2-ffb-3,2-sfb-3,2,1-slide: 26%

Now I think OmegaK is right that it already does that, but doesn't ffb-3,2-sfb-3,2,1-slide already do 26%.

I will have to go home and check.

If they just gave Reptile armor on his slide thats stupid and will make him overpowered..
http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm/b/294587516

look at 1:54:30 he does jp 122xxsfb neutral jp and only hits a 3 after and gets 26%. I strongly do not think that his normal 122xx bb1 > 32xxbb3 > 321 bf4 will hit just 26%. If this was played on the new patch than i dont believe the damage nerf is true.

hardwire

Noob
It's only on block not wiff and it's only from -15 frames to -21 frames. So there is a slight difference with the dash, but hardly.
thats the only problem i have ever had with it

if you wif it then its movement just like i use smokes tp in the air but if you get happy with the dash and i block it i should make you hurt for it just like when they block my tp punch somthing so fast should be a full combo punish

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
thats the only problem i have ever had with it

if you wif it then its movement just like i use smokes tp in the air but if you get happy with the dash and i block it i should make you hurt for it just like when they block my tp punch somthing so fast should be a full combo punish
Smoke is my other main so I can understand that.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
This is bullshit. I swear all these constant buffs and nerfs are going to kill the game. " yea you get a damage nerf but get exslide!" we did not ask for this!,!!,! The only thing these nerds and buffs do is piss people off. 26% on a bnb 10 hit combo you have got to be shitting me. Salt salt salt salt
The only character that needed nerfs was kl no one else should have been nerfrd.at this rate all characters will have all their specials taken away soon

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Alright wtf is goin on in here :S

First off, EX slide is a GREAT tool...something i've never expected and as well as cherish such a thing. This slide EX will actually help a LOT against plenty of Okizeme Set ups and traps (Shang in corner, Kenshi's armor moves...etc) , help Massively against projectile matches which is AMAZINGLY useful(mil,sektor,Noob...etc). This alone, will actually help in the something like, sektor matchup in a STUPID way! it's an actual match turner for reptile in such a match!

so yes,this is a great news!

secondly, Elbow dash...pfft ya, now we will be easily punished by ANYTHING and everything...though, it doesnt bother me that much at all! high level play, u dont do a blocked elbow dash/ waste or useless elbow dash....u do it, then simply quit reptile and take a shortcut

PS: JHCRANE 14 no , -20 and above is easily punishable by literly everything in the game... so after a blocked elbow dash in the new patch, opponent can really do whatever he wants. though, this doesnt look like -21 at all...though if ur sure bout the -21 then it's punishable by anythign in the game after blocking

the damage nerf....third and most and final point. Yea...it's pretty bad. that wont stop me from playin reptile, instead will actually encourage me.
here are pin points to note

-EX dash does 17% currently. new patch is does 12%
-1,2,2~ex dash does 25% in the new patch, while in the old patch it does 22% O_O ....? did they play with EX dash out scaling maybe?
-at 1:50 reptile did air 3,2~fb, 3,2~fb, 3 = 18% in new patch. this does 23% currently

so in general...reptile got damage nerf on every TC and combo ability in general. Though it looks like EX dash scales more in combos (which is useless in combos actually :S lol)

will any of the damage nerf affect reptile play style? or that hinders him?

will a little bit, but reptile is not about his damaging combos ...it's about his pressure, Okizeme, Mix ups and setups, and Manuevering/escapes/frame traps.

just again...be patient. we will see. calm ur horses! lol

PS: long live rep ^_^ i am so happy i swear lol

Truth

Noob
Thank you teef for helping everyone prove that Reptile's damage did get nerfed I would have tested it myself but I currently don't have a console at the moment. Everyone crying about Reptile's damage his game revolves his oki not high damage so it doesn't change him. Just think of it this way you will need to get 1 or 2 more combos with Reptile.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Tbh, with the way the matchups for Reptile are headed, I'm not against the EX slide buff. I don't have Reptile really that high, at all...like top of upper tier is where I'd put him. His matchups vs the top tier are merely okay.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Tbh, with the way the matchups for Reptile are headed, I'm not against the EX slide buff. I don't have Reptile really that high, at all...like top of upper tier is where I'd put him. His matchups vs the top tier are merely okay.
hehe i luv u cause u beat me in my worst matchup night mare....the Mirror match! i would pick a match of Kung and mil over fighting You or reptile mirror match HAHA!
and ofcourse because ur a cool guy, sane, and great reptile player (also snips kicked my ass with mirror match >_> lol)

how u been THTB? are u attending the coming friday salty battle man? i would luv to see u to be honest!

and i agree with u. what people doesnt really know is that reptile does have a lot of stress against high level play and SPECIALLY some tiers (example:Kung, Raiden,and mil for me currently as a quick example)...without opening a cry over topics again, or a bait were people haunt me and start the whole nerf buff thing again! lol...i would say the damage nerf can hinder reptile a lot to be honest, specially against those tier whores! THOUGH! i wouldnt mind it, IF as well that the other tier whores got toned down as well.

so far the only char i know who got toned down a bit is Kung lao. from wut i knew, his damage been nerfed, his recovery on hat, and no push on spin!
beside that, i myself, cant judge wut will happen to reptile as tier wise unless i see the rest of the cast as well.

i see that the slide is amazing as well...this is REALLY a match turner against a lot of chars. on top of my head, sektor will no longer be able to turtle PERIOD! i wont be even scared to just eat missles and walk straight to him actually

try to come to Salty battles caus ei will try to bring my cpu to record some casual with u guys :)...so please try to attend cause i want some Kenshi vs rep match ;)

take care man and keep in touch

Again NRS gives stupid buffs and does ridiculous nerfs.

MK:AE , Armor Edition.

Just seems a bit ridiculous already. It's pretty clear that these changes are not being put in with any thought in mind.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Thank you teef for helping everyone prove that Reptile's damage did get nerfed I would have tested it myself but I currently don't have a console at the moment. Everyone crying about Reptile's damage his game revolves his oki not high damage so it doesn't change him. Just think of it this way you will need to get 1 or 2 more combos with Reptile.
ohh no problem man, ty actually for replyin as well :)
and pretty much i agree, BASED on if they also toned down some specific chars as well to be honest...but in general, i dont see the damage reptile does is the REASON he wins at all.....reptile is a very technical character, that's why he dominate in his game play