What's new

Patch Update: Reptile has Armor on Ex-slide

Truth

Noob
In case people missed it NRS were streaming an in-house tournament with the latest patch and we got to see the new buffs on Reptile. It also looked as if the dash animation on block looked a little changed and Reptile's 122 bnb combo damage got nerfed to 26%.

Felix

Noob
He already has the armour on the EX slide. Also i'm pretty sure, infact certain that both those other patches you mentioned have already been applied as well.

Truth

Noob
He already has the armour on the EX slide. Also i'm pretty sure, infact certain that both those other patches you mentioned have already been applied as well.
Felix Reptile currently doesn't have armor on his ex-slide so I'm not sure where you're getting this from. The block animation part was from an observation by Arturo Sanchez a well known Reptile player. Lasty the 122 bnb combo does around 30-33% as of right now.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah dude, none of Reptile's moves have armor, so this is good, but I swear to god the damage nerf wasn't necessary...I hate this game.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I have no clue where the idea for these Nerfs/Buffs came from. The only problem i had with reptile was the invisible forceball glitch which i hope is gone now.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I have no clue where the idea for these Nerfs/Buffs came from. The only problem i had with reptile was the invisible forceball glitch which i hope is gone now.
It is, at least that what I've been hearing.
@Truth-Was the nerf to only that combo, or was it a complete damage nerf?

retic

Noob
Source????

Arrrrg. 122 bnb nerfed???? WHY????

Please tell me that 122 bnb nerf will be reconsidered. He already has slow normals and that bnb already took a hit in the prev. patch(es).

Ugh.

sLeeK

Noob
Are you fucking kidding me? Armor on his slide? yeah I can pretty much live without that because his ex slide is invincible on wake up/slide already goes under projectiles..... His bnb is getting nerfed? FOR WHAT? WHERE DID THESE FUCKING IDEAS COME FROM ?! I'm sitting here thinking all they were going to do is maybe add a another recovery frame to his dash on block and fix his glitched forceballs, guess not. Looks like were getting the whole package. Unbelievable.

I wake up to check the threads, first I went to cage and I guess you will no longer be able to cancel specials into his F3, 2 string..... now reptile? I'm not sure if I want to check the other character threads... I'm sad/pissed at the same time.

retic

Noob
Ugh. Since when was the 122 bnb broken???

Scorpion's 11 spear, njp, b2, j.3, tele, j.3, air throw does 37% damage yet you don't hear me ranting about that bnb being OP?

Gosh.....just....wow. I just wished they got nerf/buff inputs from our top players...not some scrubs complaining that they "keep getting hit by Reptile's 122 bnb".

sLeeK

Noob

Scorpion's 11 spear, njp, b2, j.3, tele, j.3, air throw does 37% damage yet you don't hear me ranting about that bnb being OP?

Gosh.....just....wow. I just wished they got nerf/buff inputs from our top players...not some scrubs complaining that they "keep getting hit by Reptile's 122 bnb".
This is absolutely ridiculous.. if they honestly do listen to garbage players. I should just quit the game because that is absurd. Top players no the game, scrubs don't period I have been playing as reptile since day 1 got all his bnbs down and the first nerf was fine and needed, but this ? no way in hell should this be implemented on him. This is 100% aggravating

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I don't know what the fuss is about. Reptile is a monster anyway. He gets in so easy you can do it with one hand. His 3,2,1 string are all not true highs so if you start going with it you can do slide/acid hand after to make your opponent guess. The fact that you can do NOTHING but block if the kick connects and hope you can block the special move before he starts running circles around you means I'm pro-damage nerf. Yes you can be "good" with any character, but since reptile has an easier time getting in on you it shouldn't matter if you have to do half of a combo extra to kill someone. I'm not a reppy so someone tell me can you combo 3,2 into acid ball or no?

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
The changes don't seem that bad. The only thing I ever complained about with Reptile was his damage due to his excellent forceball zoning and ability to lock you in pressure for sustained periods of time.

All Rep's wakeup attacks used to get caught in the clone when I stepped back and put one down after a knockdown. I don't know how Rep's ex slide receiving armour will affect that.

Truth

Noob
As Arturo Sanchez mentioned last night on VSM the armor on the slide is compensated by Reptile's damage nerf. Just think about it if Reptile gets armor but NRS decided to keep everything else untouched don't you think we would start seeing Reptile crybaby threads?

This is absolutely ridiculous.. if they honestly do listen to garbage players. I should just quit the game because that is absurd. Top players no the game, scrubs don't period I have been playing as reptile since day 1 got all his bnbs down and the first nerf was fine and needed, but this ? no way in hell should this be implemented on him. This is 100% aggravating
I'm not sure if the damage nerf was warranted, but do you honestly think NRS listens to "garbage players"? They do go to tournaments too, you know. I'm sure they take notes for themselves based on what they see at the "highest level of play" from our top, aka big name, players. Hey, if garbage players dictated this game, we'd all be losing MOVES (bye bye Elbow dash) not just damage.

retic

Noob
I'm not a reppy so someone tell me can you combo 3,2 into acid ball or no?
32 cannot link to a forceball unless enhanced. in case you dont know yet, reptile has VERY SLOW normals. scorpion can outpoke reptile because rep's normals are THAT slow. people think he's fast coz they're only looking at his elbow dash; which is punishable when blocked.

He may have an easy time getting in....but that means nothing if his bnb's now just tickles the opponent instead of actually hurting them.

great. just great. they decided to castrate reptile and demote him to useless tier.

I don't know what the fuss is about. Reptile is a monster anyway. He gets in so easy you can do it with one hand. His 3,2,1 string are all not true highs so if you start going with it you can do slide/acid hand after to make your opponent guess. The fact that you can do NOTHING but block if the kick connects and hope you can block the special move before he starts running circles around you means I'm pro-damage nerf. Yes you can be "good" with any character, but since reptile has an easier time getting in on you it shouldn't matter if you have to do half of a combo extra to kill someone. I'm not a reppy so someone tell me can you combo 3,2 into acid ball or no?
Also, this is taken into consideration. With armor on EX slide, he now has a way to get around his biggest problem. Keep out. So he's supposed to have a guaranteed way out of zoning, an extremely fast elbow dash, as well as nothing changed about his damage? Looking at it that way, maybe the damage nerf isn't a big deal.

EDIT: Also, since WHEN did slow normals equal bad character? Mileena's normals are slow too, yet no one says she's garbage.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

I know dude, I really hope they realize what they are doing and change it back, but I doubt it.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Just looking at this and the Cage forums,you can tell this place is about to hit damage control levels pretty soon...

galindo

Noob
The changes don't seem that bad. The only thing I ever complained about with Reptile was his damage due to his excellent forceball zoning and ability to lock you in pressure for sustained periods of time.

All Rep's wakeup attacks used to get caught in the clone when I stepped back and put one down after a knockdown. I don't know how Rep's ex slide receiving armour will affect that.
they're making the game generic as hell.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Please tell me you guys are kidding. I play on Xbox and was playing MK 2 days ago. Has the patch already come out for Xbox?