What's new

PATCH TIME BOYZ!...2.0

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So do I have to change my avatar now to be taken seriously? All Adam mains shouldn't be pariahs just because of 1 or 2 posters.
You're projecting lol that guy was playing it off like he was only posting with the intention of making the game all balanced and how top tier shouldn't get nerfed. The BA avatar just seals the deal exposing his bias. I was referring to him and only him, but be triggered if you want.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Really? Cool.

So you think their character roster is pretty close/balanced to each other, that any character can fight another character without being to weak/powerful in comparison?

Also, why do you think some people would disagree with your assessment?

Thanks for chimin' in.
It's balanced in that there are probably very few or no 7-3 MUs.

Alex and FANG are still low tier, but I (as an Alex player) have eliminated plenty of decent Cammy players in tournament (one of his worst MUs).

I (as a Swamp Thing player) have never beat a halfway competent Deadshot player (easily his worst MU). Yes I2 is balanced compared to other NRS games, but there's still a long way to go.

And I say that ppl will disagree with me bc everyone loves to hate SFV.

Alex and FANG are still low tier, but I (as an Alex player) have eliminated plenty of decent Cammy players in tournament (one of his worst MUs).

I (as a Swamp Thing player) have never beat a halfway competent Deadshot player (easily his worst MU). Yes I2 is balanced compared to other NRS games, but there's still a long way to go.

I disagree with you, because I love to hate SFV. :D

chores

bad at things

love playing cammy vs alex lol -- the anti air jab nerf hurt him so bad in that matchup

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
There's no assumption on my part because there was NO REASON WHATSOEVER to point out that you're "qualified" simply because you go to tournaments. Did you understand that? There was NO REASON to point out you going to tournaments makes you "qualified". NONE! ZERO!!

Although you did not directly say it, you are inferring that people going to tournaments such as yourself makes you more qualified than people who do not. No one here but you, NO ONE, had to point out that going (or not going) to tournaments "qualifies" them in order to prove their point on this thread. They did that without "showing their "qulifications".

It's amazing this has to be broken down to you.
I have to say, I've never seen some achieve the level of ignorance you've displayed throughout this entire thread. Certainly not while being as stubborn and argumentative as you have been to people who know FAR more about the game/NRS fighters than you do. You've voiced ridiculous opinions such as

-No character should ever be nerfed, just buff everyone else

-Players have various skill levels, so a good Swamp Thing can beat a bad Black Adam/Aquaman/Deadshot/what have you (In defense of your "no nerf" philosophy)

-Darkseid wasn't a top tier prospect until Sonic Fox used him

-Sales of the game are still going strong, so there's no reason for a balance patch (That's a head scratcher)

-Sonic Fox could win tourneys with Joker if he practiced with him enough (He just lost CEO to Slayer's Black Adam using his own Black Adam)

-No one thought Scarecrow was viable until Whiteboi won with him (Strange considering Ragnarok, Big D, Beyond Toxin, etc have been maining them from day one. But you don't know who they are)

-Top players don't whine about imbalances (They most certainly do, and a lot of the ones that don't are using broken top tier characters)

-Don't play the game, play the player (Tell that to Grodd facing Aquaman)

-If you nerf a character in some way, you should buff a different aspect of their gameplay (Sure, let's take away Aquaman's frame advantage on b123, and to make up for it, we'll give him a fully invincible wakeup that's safe on block, so he no longer has to burn meter on a mb water shield to wake up safely.)

-NRS might take casual players into account when making balance changes as opposed to competitive tourney players for all we know (Can't speak for gear modes, but everyone here knows balance changes made to competitive modes are made with tourney players/high levels of play in mind.)

After all that, when a tourney player comes out and admits a character he uses needs to be toned down a bit, you want to jump on him just because he openly said he was a tourney player. You'd be better served to do more listening and less arguing, based on the egregious lack of knowledge you've shown up to this point.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm on the cyborg train and I totally get the t-rex arms are infuriating. I'd rather see him get a hard knock down or a 6f d1 though.

Having a d1 on the slower side seems to be a relic of his older design where he was slightly plus on his cancels. F2,2 is a big part of his neutral and as it stands a good chunk of the cast (those with 6f normals) can trade with his d1 followup.

A hard knock down to prevent people from tech rolling out of TA midscreen would just cement what seems to be the reason to pick him in this game - meterbuild. Because they aren't overhead anymore, I don't see why making people hold TA a little more often would be unfair.

A lot of buff suggestions for 'borg are kind of crazy imo, but I will say that it seems like he got an awful lot taken away from him in order to be able to shoot diagonally w/o meter (something I would argue that is nice to have, but certainly doesn't need)
Yeah I like that. Maybe make his 113 or 112. I also think a 6f d1 would be nice..

A couple luxury buffs id like is make db2 a wakeup, and have it so you can mb on block, making it slightly plus on block, but have there be a gap. This could make some cool mind games. Completely unnecessary but I think it would be cool.

I would also maybe reduce the start up frames of b2 to like 11 frames or something so we can actually use the plus frames off of it

And change grapple inputs to db3 and df3 just to make life a little easier haha

But I think all he needs really is a little more range, a hkd and a 6f d1 would aso be nice.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
You're projecting lol that guy was playing it off like he was only posting with the intention of making the game all balanced and how top tier shouldn't get nerfed. The BA avatar just seals the deal exposing his bias. I was referring to him and only him, but be triggered if you want.
Not projecting at you so much as fed up in general. I want to be able to post without being called a downplaying liar and called to be infracted lol.

Really? Cool.

So you think their character roster is pretty close/balanced to each other, that any character can fight another character without being to weak/powerful in comparison?

Also, why do you think some people would disagree with your assessment?

Thanks for chimin' in.
Patch after evo BTW :)

Yeah I like that. Maybe make his 113 or 112. I also think a 6f d1 would be nice..

A couple luxury buffs id like is make db2 a wakeup, and have it so you can mb on block, making it slightly plus on block, but have there be a gap. This could make some cool mind games. Completely unnecessary but I think it would be cool.

I would also maybe reduce the start up frames of b2 to like 11 frames or something so we can actually use the plus frames off of it

And change grapple inputs to db3 and df3 just to make life a little easier haha

But I think all he needs really is a little more range, a hkd and a 6f d1 would aso be nice.
I would like to get many of these things (grapple input is just garbage, using it in neutral is a pain) although I feel like stubby limbs and no wake up are a part of his design that should stay. With the amount of meter you can build if they chose to hold TA, I find myself using pushblock as my wakeup more often than anything else. Maybe being able to special cancel f2,2 would help. His mid strings just seem lacking to me.

His b2 is DEFINITELY a relic of his old design. No reason to be able to delay the low starter if TA isn't an overhead. At 16f startup I pretty much only use it as a meaty or after a blocked TA, but being +5 is nice

when a tourney player comes out and admits a character he uses needs to be toned down a bit, you want to jump on him just because he openly said he was a tourney player. You'd be better served to do more listening and less arguing, based on the egregious lack of knowledge you've shown up to this point.
And I think your arrogance astounds me to no end. You being a tourney player doesn't necessarily make you qualified because there are tourney players who STINK at the game. There are people who got their point across WITHOUT showing their "qualifications". People who were patient and considerate in answering my question while having a civil conversation.

You being a tourney player doesn't impress me in the slightest and absolutely unnecessary for this conversation other than to blow up your own ego.

The only qualification here is your arrogance and lack of humility when trying to get your point across to others.

Edit: Wrong response and apologies was given following post.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
And I think your arrogance astounds me to no end. You being a tourney player doesn't necessarily make you qualified because there are tourney players who STINK at the game. There are people who got their point across WITHOUT showing their "qualifications". People who were patient and considerate in answering my question while having a civil conversation.

You being a tourney player doesn't impress me in the slightest and absolutely unnecessary for this conversation other than to blow up your own ego.

The only qualification here is your arrogance and lack of humility when trying to get your point across to others.
Dude you need to take a reading class. He never said he was a tournament player, he was talking about my post.

I am honestly amazed at how butthurt you got over the word qualified and how butthurt you still are like a week later. Everyone agrees Black Adam is too strong but you, get over it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Dude you need to take a reading class. He never said he was a tournament player, he was talking about my post.

I am honestly amazed at how butthurt you got over the word qualified and how butthurt you still are like a week later. Everyone agrees Black Adam is too strong but you, get over it.
He's getting nerfed. We all know it. Don't even waste your breath anymore lol

I replied wrongly to @Cobainevermind87. For that erroneous reply, my apologies. I'm not above manning up to my mistakes.

That being said @Cobainevermind87, 2 points here..... 1) @Zoidberg747 being "qualified" because he was a tourney player had NO BEARING on the conversation at hand. 2) Nobody was "arguing" about the topic at hand. I had honest questions which were civilly and politely answered by others since I openly admitted my lack of understanding of FG. If you can't tell the difference between continuously asking questions politely and arguing, I don't know what to tell you....

@
Zoidberg747, I've already explained my position against you. There's a saying: I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Honestly, I have more faith in NRS for this game. One of the main reasons these over buffs and over nerfs happened in the last 3 games is because they didn't give the game time to really flesh out. A character that was perceived at the time to be overpowered got the nerf hammer hard, likewise a character that was perceived to be way too weak got super buffed. But they had limited information, so they couldn't make the best decision possible.

With how reserved they're being, I don't see really any of this stuff happening. I really believe everyone is going to be happy with the balance patch when it finally happens.
I think I was right for the most part. Aquaman players aren't happy though...