What's new

Overview of the most played characters.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
The list is based on performed fatalities, but I feel like it should come pretty close to the actual numbers as well - if we go by what everyone sees online and what everyone complains about online (AKA Scorpion VS Noob Saibot Kombat 11):

1. Scorpion - 17.5%
  2. Noob Saibot - 16%
  3. Sub-Zero - 12%
  4. Liu Kang - 10.3%
  5. Johnny Cage - 9.1%
  6. Kung Lao - 7.9%
  7. Baraka - 7.8%
  8. Sonya - 7.1%
  9. Erron Black - 7%
  10. Jax - 7%
  11. Jade - 6.9%
  12. Skarlet - 6.7%
  13. Frost - 6.6%
  14. Cassie Cage - 6.6%
  15. Kitana - 6.5%
  16. Raiden - 6.4%
  17. Kabal - 6.4%
  18. Kotal Kahn - 6%
  19. Kano - 5.3%
  20. Cetrion - 5.2%
  21. Geras - 5%
  22. Kollector - 4.9%
  23. Jacquu Briggs - 4.7%
  24. D'Vorah - 4.0%
Pretty much what I was expecting. Scorpion, Noob Saibot and Sub-Zero at the top. It's almost as if everyone loves ninjas?! Shocking, right?
Also, I can't stress enough how much it pleases me that Jacqui Briggs is in the bottom 3. It's almost as if everyone dislikes bland and uninspired characters. Shocking, right? I hope she stays away from MK 12 as far as possible. She and her cringe BFF Cassie, who has dropped in popularity, when compared to MKX (that's what happens, when you have actual fan favorites like Noob Saibot and Baraka in your game.)

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Jax and Kung Lao are above Scarlett Kabal and Kitana?
I doubt it. Also Kollector can’t be bottom 3, I’ve played 10 Kollectors this week and no D’Vorah since day 1

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
"I didn't play that character in a long time, so they can't be that popular."

Wasn't NRS talking about some some kind of a hidden match-making system similar to the way Blizzard games have them? The game determines your skill level and then tries its best to pair you up against players on the same skill level? If MK11 has such a system and NRS did a good job at that, you won't be playing against all too many casual players with a low skill level. And casual players often go for the more popular characters, no matter how viable they are. While at the same time, the higher your skill level is, the more tier whores around, picking the most viable characters in order to win the most amount of matches.

My guy shao kahn doesn't even exist
Your boy Shao Kahn has been taken out of the game, to force players to buy the game new instead of used, if they want to use him. (= Disguised as a pre-order "bonus")

I can't stress enough how much it pleases me that Jacqui Briggs is in the bottom 3. It's almost as if everyone dislikes bland and uninspired characters. Shocking, right?
I'mma let you finish, but the fact that Jacqui uses Muay Thai automatically makes her a dope-ass fighting game character, no debate.

I used to put Jacqui on same boat as Sonya, but her MK11 overhaul made her much more than just a discount Jax/Deadshot.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
People still hating on Jacqui refuse to see what a turn around she is from her original. You want to shit on her just because you want to shit on her. Dont come for my girls you boring ass Ninja fanboys :p Your boys Rain and Smoke arent any more original than they are you just give them a pass because your precious color swap butt buddy Ninjas have a ridiculously fervent following. Fortunately Grey Sub-Zero and Purple Scorpion wont be making an appearance in MK11.

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
No surprise that the male ninjas are at the top. But other than that the list is almost irrelevant , especially the fan base argument. Kano has most likely more fans than half the peeps above him for example.

Once the list has been around for awhile this list will look alot different. Lots of reasons why people pick certain characters this early or dont...

For example some people just dont play Cassie cuz they dont like her clothes or hate having a floating drone, some dont play Kitana cuz they would like her to play like previous games, Dvorah and the Kahns are regarded as bad. Also some characters are a lot easier to pick up and win with at the beginning etcetc

Also the Jacqui hate is a bit silly. Her overhaul is great and she is fun to play and watch. The Cassie hate is even less understandable... besides how they presented the whole "she defeats Shinnok" thing Cassie is a great addition to MK. They are both miles ahead all those 3D characters people keep asking for. Also i am missing some specifics as why you dont like them. Do you hate the character, the gameplay, the design, everything? Just curious.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'd need to see the character usage rather than fatality percentage because I don't think it'd match.

I never, ever see Baraka or Frost (never even faced a Frost) players. I see Jacqui and Geras often, multiple times a day.

Then again that could just be casual scrubs doing fatalities every match so much so that could be why it's in this order.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Turns out I really like playing Jaqui, but I'm not surprised to see her or D'Vorah that low. Very few people wanted them to begin with, and to be honest I'd still rather have any of the classics anyday.

EDIT: I'm really surprised with Sonya though. People actually like her? I mean I'd blame it on her being top tier, but Geras is bottom 4.

Last edited:

MalevolentFix

Jacqui defense squad out in force today LUL
Better than being a color swap fanboy LUL

People just mad that their boy toys Takeda and Kung Jin decided to be the Kombat Kids that fucked off.
Takeda was pretty hot I'm not going to lie. I feel like he deserves to be in he was fun af to play and he had that personality. Plus all his new unique dialogue with Jacqui and stuff would have been sweet.

BackAtYouBro

Your name means dung heap in my tongue!
Takeda was pretty hot I'm not going to lie. I feel like he deserves to be in he was fun af to play and he had that personality. Plus all his new unique dialogue with Jacqui and stuff would have been sweet.
I just find it interesting that people constantly trashed the Kombat Kids in the previous game due to them being “bland” or “uninteresting” when people now are complaining that Takeda isn’t even playable. It just seems like the hate was directed specifically at Cassie and Jacqui. I will admit I find Cassie to reach Mary Sue territory when it comes to her character but Jacqui honestly has a better developed character than the majority of 3D Era characters who were either uninspired, unnecessary, blown up caricatures of what they represent, or a mesh of all 3. Jacqui at least has stronger motivations and she makes us want to see her succeed as a soldier to prove to her father that she can be independent and not need his overbearing protection. I will admit that Takeda and Kung Jin arguably have much stronger arcs when we look into their backstories, but Jacqui doesn’t get as much credit as she deserves.

MalevolentFix

I just find it interesting that people constantly trashed the Kombat Kids in the previous game due to them being “bland” or “uninteresting” when people now are complaining that Takeda isn’t even playable. It just seems like the hate was directed specifically at Cassie and Jacqui. I will admit I find Cassie to reach Mary Sue territory when it comes to her character but Jacqui honestly has a better developed character than the majority of 3D Era characters who were either uninspired, unnecessary, blown up caricatures of what they represent, or a mesh of all 3. Jacqui at least has stronger motivations and she makes us want to see her succeed as a soldier to prove to her father that she can be independent and not need his overbearing protection. I will admit that Takeda and Kung Jin arguably have much stronger arcs when we look into their backstories, but Jacqui doesn’t get as much credit as she deserves.
Cassie comes by that naturally. She's a cage. She's the keeper of the emerald light. But she inherited her dad's shitty cocky attitude which makes her a complete fuck-off bitch but also with the ability to back it up. Every character in MK that isn't human definitely finds Johnny Cage detestable but necessary, his daughter is just his replacement.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
Pretty sure that the Kotal% is all me as I'm the only Kotal I ever see.

Never seen a Jacqui or a D'Vorah.
Sad because I like both. Jacqui isn't bad at all NRS improved her alot, her and Jax were my second favorite part of the story (Sonya's section being my number 1).
I LOVE D'Vorah I loved every single newcomer from X. However she is really really bad in 11. People say Kotal is bad but I have a 71% win ratio with him (in Kasual) but I lost 11 straight with D'Vorah even with a custom variation that has her teleport. Her d2 is the weakest in the game, everything you do causes pushback but her tools are designed for rushdown. Why?
Either make her projectiles faster and have her "goop" move track or give her strings with less push. And please change one of her Ranked variations to include her teleport, it's required really.

And yep, 99% of my online fights are Noob or Scorpion. Maybe why I got a decent win % with Kotal is because I can read those two easy as pie now. I think I can tell you more about Noob and Scorpion than I can my mains lol (Kotal & Jade).

As an MKX fan please put Takeda and Kung Jin in if you read these things NRS. I loved MKX newbies.

Last edited:
I'd take Mavado, Havik, Kira, Nitara, Kobra and even Hsu Hao over the kombat kids any day but spamming the forum with hate memes is annoying too. Just don't pick them so nrs can see that no one cares. Takeda was fun though and has not gotten that much hate. I would not mind never having to see them again. But Cetrion looks out of place. She looks like an Injustice character and is way too colourful for mk. At least Jacqui and Cassie fit into the universe.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
People just mad that their boy toys Takeda and Kung Jin decided to be the Kombat Kids that fucked off.
A little bit. Yeah.
I miss them. Kombat Kids and Kotal's Posse were cool. So yeah I miss Takeda, Kung Jin, Ermac, and Reptile we could drop Baraka, Frost, Noob, and Cetrion imo.

Last edited: