• Amazing! Better than expected!

• Great - about what I was expecting

• Alright - nothing mind blowing

• Disappointing - was hoping for more

• Just terrible - don’t plan on buying at this point in time

Results are only viewable after voting.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I still need deets on how these variations are going to be actually handled but other than that? Super happy with almost everything I saw. I'll refrain from any major judgements until i actually play it, but my impressions based solely on today's footage are very positive.

Slymind

Noob
I really liked what i saw, in the first matches of the exhibition i had some doubts, but as i saw more i'm really digging.

Also, still three months and a beta to go, hopefully they will fine tune the game, namely dashes.

So many questions/thoughts...

Short-hopping as a mechanic was only briefly mentioned by Boon then I'm not quite sure I heard any more of it. What is it for? How is it done? Is it like in KOF where it's like a super-short press of jump?

d1's can combo into specials now apparently. That will be interesting. Wonder if it's the same for d3's and d4's? I'd assume so.

Walkspeed looks a bit faster than MKX which may nicely make up for the rest of the reduced mobility.

Anti airs look rather good, but no confirmation as to whether they actually out prioritize jumps in yet. So not ready to celebrate that yet.

Looks like there is character specific breakers now via the defensive meter gauge? In the Geras trailer it looks like he spent a bar(s?) of defensive meter to escape a juggle and teleport behind the opponent.

Perfect block will probably be a huge game changer.

Looks like rumors of the game going to the SFV link system were wrong. Good.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
NRS's animations are improving but they still aren't what they could be imo. I hope with which ever game they make next they branch away from the animation style they currently use and try something new. I do also wish it had slightly more MKX influence, primarily in the pacing. I don't want run or anything but I think considering the strong zoning the pace could be faster.

Lastly, imo the zoning could be toned down slightly. Considering how well defined the footsie game is, I somewhat dislike that the zoning is as potent as it is.
However, considering the smaller screen size it's very obviously not gonna be that hard to get in, it seems like one jump and you're already half screen ala SF games so I think it won't actually be a problem except to scrubs, but I could easily see it becoming a bit to Injustice like if they don't handle it correctly. Personally I think projectiles should clash, considering basically every other fighter has clashing projectiles, it seems like a step in the right direction.

Overall I'm liking it so far, it's not what I hyped it up to be in my mind, but it's still solid and I definitely wanna get my hands on it.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I'm so happy they did what I wanted them to do and replace breakers with air escapes.
Hate combo breakers with a weird and completely irrational passion.

Reveal is not at all what I expected, they went in very different directions, but it's looks fucking amazing.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Actually lost a lot of hype.
While I completely understand that the is still in beta and that they only got mere hours if even that to play the game, I am still disappointed by what I am seeing CURRENTLY.

Animations are to be desired
Not a fan of the hud or the mechanics of the game. ie: Separate bars for defense/offense
no run
These damn scenes in the middle of matches are so fucking annoying please get rid of them or let us turn them off cause GOD I HATE THEM
Also am I understanding this right? If you are in fatal blow range are they instant kills?

I do like that zoning is coming back and not thrown under the rug cause some people whined about it
I dont mind slower paced games especially after playing anime fighters for a year. BBTAG anyone?
Custom variations if dont right could be great.

Ok I missed the reveal can anyone answer these questions please?
1) Are variations back? If so how many?
2) are weapons a thing?
3) so no running only dashing and walking?

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
Ok I missed the reveal can anyone answer these questions please?
1) Are variations back? If so how many?
2) are weapons a thing?
3) so no running only dashing and walking?
1. 3 Variations, like MK: X, but you can create as many custom variations as you want it seems.
2. Yes and No. It's not like 4-Armageddon, but certain characters are based around their weapons. Scorpion used his swords and Kunai constantly.
3. No running.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I am extremely happy NRS went in a very different direction than I thought they would. The gameplay seems to be much closer to MK9 than to MKX, slower and with more emphasis on footsies than mixups. The new mechanics look pretty interesting, and while I am worried Krushing blows will become tiresome, they can always make their requirements tougher and play the animation a bit faster. The graphics are amazing, and the stages look beautiful, and it seems we'll be getting 17, which is a good number. The characters they revealed make me very hopeful for having a great roster.

Even then, there are a few things I dislike. Charachters still have different stances. dashes seem a bit slow. Jumps seem incrediby floaty, and upercuts still look like they have since Injustice 1, with no strenght behind them, wich is true for a few other moves as well. The characters backdashing when blocking certain moves looks really bad. Also there are a few decitions regarding how some characters look or play that I am not a fan of. Now none of this are dealbreakers, and even if all of this stays or gets worse, this looks like it might still be the best MK game ever. What really worries me is that there are 3 different type of coins. Looks like we'll be getting more micro transactions instead of less, which makes me think lootboxes might be returning too. If they are there for cosmetics only then it is ok, but I worry we'll have to open lootboxes in order to get special moves for our custom variations, as was the case with Injustice 2. I hope that is not the case.

1. 3 Variations, like MK: X, but you can create as many custom variations as you want it seems.
2. Yes and No. It's not like 4-Armageddon, but certain characters are based around their weapons. Scorpion used his swords and Kunai constantly.
3. No running.
Thanks bro, I forgot a question, are combos now like sfv?

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I was quite underwhelmed but I’m going to keep an open mind that this will become an acquired taste that I will really start to appreciate and enjoy, especially as the rest of the cast is revealed

It looks like it's a real contender for a 'serious' fighter and might finally get people to stop being so snobby about NRS games. Less emphasis on dial-a-combo, less armor, 50/50s are much more unsafe, stronger footsies -- I'm excited to see how it develops at a high level.
haters gonna hate regardless. i hope being wrong though.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Way better than I expected. For a new NRS game, this is probably the best you could hope for as a competitive, fundamental style player. The focus on spacing, footsies, neutral, etc is a route I really didn’t expect, but desperately hoped for. I was hype before this reveal, but just your normal “oh a new NRS game” level of hype. Now, I’m beyond excited for this game.

-It looks fantastic
-Gameplay looks outstanding
-New mechanics are intriguing
-variations are back
-more focus on fundamentals
-The characters look phenomenal
-It’s even more brutal than previous MK games
-And the list goes on

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
The event today looked pretty good. The only real concern I have is how will the variations be accessed. If the custom moves are easy to unlock/available from the start then I think it's fine. If it's loot-based I will be extremely annoyed and it was the few things I absolutely hated about Injustice 2 especially with regards to balancing. I'm also hoping they expand the ranked sets system and have actual tiers, it would make online that much better.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I love it. Everything looks dope.

The meters run on a refill system rather then endlessly pushing buttons.

Hardly an armour unless you want to part with 50% offensive & defensive meter and advantage.

No run!

No stamina

No first hit bouns of meter or other advantages.

Toned down 50/50 and mix-ups over all so far.

No njp or njk that leads to a pop up or launch.

Only 2 bars and they seem very simple. Offense & defense. Both split so the mind games, strats, pressure, meter burning and ex enhanced moves play a intriguing part.

Slower rush down but great walking speeds and dash blocking which is amazing.

New mechanics like flawless blocking and the krush system are super kool. Especially since it can be done only once per round.

Cinematic moves in the game brings it to life and makes it more immersful that you can really feel it.

It looks so much more dynamic and mature.

Dudes I fucking love it so far.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Looks about what I was expecting, but done better than imagined. I'm happy they got rid of the run mechanic, people shouldn't be penalized for merely backdashing to get space. Dashing seems back but yet not as far as I2 which I'm fine with. This game has a very MK 2/MK9 vibe to it in terms of pace imo but with more fluid animations, moves etc. I like how there's an option to apparently roll out of the corner which seemed universal from the matches we've seen as well as the corner escapes if there's a wall, mattress etc, etc

Seems less interactables are in the stages, I'm fine with this.

I like how it'll make zoning a viable option again thankfully if the player wants yet with options to clearly be more offensive without a run+50/50 killing the fun.

I don't mind the slower speeds, it seems MK X's speed and MK 11's are the polar opposite. I would say some where in between MK 9's and MK X's. Maybe, maybe a tad slower than MK 9's.

I just hope the cosmetic options are more free to the player meaning not just preset "shaders" to choose from like I2(I understood that as it wasn't their characters but DC's) but with MK, that's their baby so I want to see a free color palette similar to a KAK option but with the option to color pieces of outfits(if not the armor) like when they showed us Scorpion's different colors on his outfits, I hope we can tweak it literally any color on a color chart.

Variation system updated seems cooler, more free to utilize and modify than MK X and I2 but need to see more.

I want them to explain and emphasis more on the fatal blow, flawless block and krushing blows. The fatal blow seems to be the most relevant so far.

Storymode looks amazing, already looks better than MK X's honestly. I'm wondering if Kronika is a hidden or rebel Elder God or something, where as Shinnok was evil and casted out, maybe she left the rest of them eons ago as she seems concerned about "balance" and Geras seems to be her lackey/enforcer apparently.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thinks Sub looks weird, I feel like his default look has too much going on and that head piece is weird like too Batman/Wolverine looking, just go with a hood or normal tight head mask. Skarlet's default head piece is also weird looking to me, she looks like some sort of rebel chick than a ninja but just my opinion. I liked her second look they showed us.

Cinematic clips in mid fight and slow down fatalities are awesome looking.

Ronda Rousey imo is a horrible voice actor but whatever. Sounds like she's literally reading, there's no life behind it.

I will miss breakers, probably the only thing I'm a little bummed about but with limitations to the newer gameplay mechanics I can live with this.

Aramonde

Noob
Do you really wanna go through this again? Or do you just have a bad memory? XD
Why do you let Shazzy bait you?

--------------------

I'm kinda inbetween good or bad right. Im going to need more information on variations and see how the roster turns out.