• Amazing! Better than expected!

• Great - about what I was expecting

• Alright - nothing mind blowing

• Disappointing - was hoping for more

• Just terrible - don’t plan on buying at this point in time

Results are only viewable after voting.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
... dashes seem a bit slow. Jumps seem incrediby floaty, and upercuts still look like they have since Injustice 1, with no strenght behind them, wich is true for a few other moves as well...
That's what I noticed, It is like dashes were irrelevant during the exhibitions, except for extending combos I think. The jumps look floaty, imo, because they are frog jumps, they should go back to the roll jumps from MK9, just go back to the stream and compare the jumps from Scorpion and Raiden. I remember the uppercuts from MK1,2,3 they felt powerful!

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
It looks like it's a real contender for a 'serious' fighter and might finally get people to stop being so snobby about NRS games. Less emphasis on dial-a-combo, less armor, 50/50s are much more unsafe, stronger footsies -- I'm excited to see how it develops at a high level.
Considering that Street Fighter dropped the ball completely with SFV, I'd say that if MK11 turns out successful and as footsies heavy as it looked in the reveal, the only people being snobby about MK will be in denial.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I was very much hoping for like "Here's 6-9 cool things, you have a base moveset and you can pick 3 from the list" or something.
That's what I was suggesting way back during the MKX era, Chaos Code has a similar system, it even let you choose between dash or run. I hope they ammend this but it looks set to me. :(.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Honestly I feel like this can go two completely different ways with no middle ground. The first way is that this ends up feeling too slow and too zoning based, too far in the opposite direction of mortal kombat in general. The game ends up being boring to watch because of this, the in match cinematics drag on, lack of customized variation in tournament mode means virtually no variation, lack of long combos means less swaggy in general, and overall they went so opposite of mkx they went too far. The second scenario is that this slowed gameplay is going to reward footies in the best way possible, make for a more strategic and entertaining match because their isnt as much cheese as mkx/9, the new mechanics create more in depth strategies and create a high skill ceiling, being able to get hands on experience and lab with characters we still get some "longer" cool combos, and ultimately this comes out as the mortal kombat that balances what it is good at with being a good esport fighting game
You read my mind! This is exactly the scenario I was thinking about, I think we will get our answer once the beta is up running and people start giving feedback. Let's hope it resembles more MK9 than Injustice.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Does anyone else dislike the fatality freeze frames? IMO they take away from the fatality because we don’t get to see the aftermath of the kill
I don’t know, it works well for some but not really for others.

Like Scorpion’s second fatality is god damn amazing and wouldn’t be as cool if it didn’t have that slow mo shot at the end.

Skarlet’s second on the other hand feels super anti-climactic due to it

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
This is going to be the best fighter period im telling you now. There will be absolutely no more excuses for not being able to execute.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Im digging it so far. Krushing blows seemed a bit annoying to me at first, but after learning they have specific requirements and can only be done once per match, I'm cool with it, though (I know its early) I think they can tone the damage down a bit, I mean almost 1/3rd of your health gone from a projectile? Lol no. And dashes could be better from what I'm hearing. I cant wait to get my hands on it

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Do someone knows if there is still a stance button? I really want to know if they get rid of it once and for all.
yeah, there is the god damn flip stance button ! I saw it in one of the gameplay videos in Youtube .... incredible how NRS did not get rid of it yet ! useless bullshit , hehe :D

So far...

Pros:
  • No run cancel or weird mechanics
  • Looks like they simplified inputs/combo system
  • More tactical, less "fight-in-autopilot"
  • Pulling out weapons and they use them as interactables makes it more dynamic
  • Amazing graphics, UI is mostly ok, just very few annoyances
Cons:
  • Cinematics are long as hell
  • Fatal blows, again, long as hell and get boring: removing XRays was a step in the correct direction (they were a nice thing, but it was getting old). But now we have free "fatal blows", which are basically XRays why no downside
  • That vertical meter is horrible and annoying, just put it horizontal with another color or something like that
  • I hope we get different playstyles like mkx, so far everything character gameplay is kinda similar (expecting setup, space control, heavy pressure, zoning chars, etc)
  • What the f happened with sonya drone and granades???
  • Gravity physics Injustice style
  • Skins don't respect ninjas original color. WTF is that green scorpion?

Xelz

Go over there!
I like what I've seen so far. I was hoping for a more footsie/spacing-focused, slower and smoother MK with lower-reward 50/50s - and that's exactly what was showcased. I'll withhold judgement until experiencing this game first-hand. For now, I have a few balancing concerns that may or not turn out to be issues:
  • Crushing blow and especially fatal blow damage seems too high, to the point of making the matches overly swingy. The mechanics seem like a great addition, just the damage should be reduced IMHO and the risk for whiffing a fatal blow (like longer recharge time) might be worth increasing
  • Projectile zoning looked balanced in the pro exhibition matches, but will mid-caliber players - the ones that comprise the majority of sales and online players - have the tools to deal with heavy zoning?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I've played the game for about 20 minutes.

We still have switch stance
There is an option to set "special move input time" or some like that. Plus all the other options we have in MKX

Dashes are slow, imo they wobt have that much of impact on offense.

The first thought I had, it was: this feels like MK1 but with much more mechanics.

The worst change, is that in order to meter burn move, you have press a direction and button. No more "Block" option.

This is annoying, because you gotta know input to every move/character have.

That's something I've can share of top of my head. Ill write up some more later, just got home lol.

I believe, this will be a major tournament viable gsme, I'd dare to say this could be Legacy MK, we've all wanted.

Rizz091

Noob
The mid range game looks amazing. Looks like good neutral will be really rewarded well in this game. That was a pleasant surprise.

Rizz091

Noob
Another note cause I see people mentioning breakers gone. I LOVE that there are no breakers in this game. Always found it to me a game play flow breaker. And I think it's waw less necessary given how less juggle heavy this game is.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I never used run and I like that your meter is a regenerating stamina bar. I was never good at juggling long ass combos. It seems like this will be much more of my speed but I can see why the competitive people would be like wtf. I just hope it’s not a full screen fireball zone match all of the time. I’m no good at that either lol.

Gunnxr

Apprentice
I don't like that the combos are shorter and not e big part of the game. That was one of my favorite things in MKX; finding moves that can link together and just playing around to see how much damage I can do in one combo. It is very rewarding to see big damage combos that you discovered in practice mode. I'm worried that we won't get that same experience in this game... :(

Slymind

Noob
When did he say this? Man this would fuckinnn SUUUUUCK. This was exactly what I DONT want. Keep the augmented gear away from competitive, fine, but the variation customization? Why cant that be in?
To be honest, i think he said that he feels that this is going to be the case.

Ultimately, i think it will be decided be the community depending how things shapes up.

I'm super disappointed.

1. Krush kombos are a terrible idea that promotes playing in predictable ways. It rewards repeating specials, it punishes players for using defensive mechanics like throw breaks. It creates unfun unpredictable situations.

2. The jumps are unneccessarily floaty. They look like they're jumping on the moon.

3. The movement seems slow, the walk speed is slow, the forward and backward dashes are too weak. Geras has some weird clunky animations.

4. Fatal blows are long and tedious and because they're the best option you have to see them every goddamn match. I loved that xrays were rare and required resources.

5. Meter burning moves requires specific inputs instead of standard rb button press which seems unneccessarily complicated and only serves to make characters more difficult to learn.

Gamer68

Fujin!
PROS:
  • Less 50/50 mix-ups into full combos.
  • No more run-up and pressure meta from MKX, footsies are actually a thing.
  • Splitting the meter system into Offense/Defense.
  • There seems to be more character design variety, some with weird stuff (like Flag Day Baraka)
CONS:
  • Custom Variation system seems to be for casuals and gimmicky.
  • Only 25-ish characters in the base game. Would prefer more characters instead of Variations.
  • Dashes are borderline useless for some reason.
  • Fatal Blows being like Tekken 7 Rage Arts. Not a big fan of easy supers tied to health (aka revenge mechanics).