What's new

Combo List - Kotal Kahn [Outdated] The Kotal Kahnbo Thread

Oh, and with most, but not all, of his combos, adding standing 1 gives an additional 1%. For example, Angled jumping 1, F2, F2, 1, F1, B2, Saw Blade does 31% and isn't too hard to hit, as long as you're not playing online, lol.

Hassun

Noob
OK so I have now completely realised that I cannot do any of Kotal Kahn's combos online but what's even more problematic is that I cannot do any of his combos which contain the b14 string period. Online, offline, training mode, doesn't matter. I've never landed a single one of them.

So... any tips on landing the b14 combos?
E.g.
f1,b2, f2,b14,EX df1,b14,db2
114,EX df1,f2,b14,db2

alexbib

Noob
OK so I have now completely realised that I cannot do any of Kotal Kahn's combos online but what's even more problematic is that I cannot do any of his combos which contain the b14 string period. Online, offline, training mode, doesn't matter. I've never landed a single one of them.

So... any tips on landing the b14 combos?
E.g.
f1,b2, f2,b14,EX df1,b14,db2
114,EX df1,f2,b14,db2
Just delay b14 until they're closer to the ground (but not so close b1 won't hit them). on that first combo add an extra f2 before the first b14, more damage and you'll be sure it will hit low enough if you do it in time to hit at all.

Just delay b14 until they're closer to the ground (but not so close b1 won't hit them). on that first combo add an extra f2 before the first b14, more damage and you'll be sure it will hit low enough if you do it in time to hit at all.
Or you could substitute the B14 for B12. It's a lot more consistent and you'll be trading about 1% of your combo damage for it. Consistency is everything. A combo you will land is more useful than a combo you are likely to drop.

alexbib

Noob
Or you could substitute the B14 for B12. It's a lot more consistent and you'll be trading about 1% of your combo damage for it. Consistency is everything. A combo you will land is more useful than a combo you are likely to drop.
Bah, most things you have to do in order to land combos in fighting games are much harder than timing b14. I've got really bad execution and I gotta practice tons to get timing down, but b14 is really easy once you know what to do.

Hassun

Noob
Could it be that the incredibly poor performance I have on PC is making me miss more combos? I don't like to blame the game when I fuck up but on the other hand I'm still sitting here trying to play the game competitively at the lowest settings while multiple stages (e.g. sky temple and Kuatan Jungle) seemingly run in slow motion.

What the hell? I can only get this in the corner. Midscreen EXdf1 always misses.
To land midscreen it requires Kotal to initiate the f+2 from sweep distance. You have link each subsequent f+2 in fairly strict windows, and likewise initiate f122[sic b122] in a very strict window.

I discovered during set play actually. I've gotten good at recognizing when it'll work and when it won't and adjusting my inputs accordingly.

Last edited:

alexbib

Noob
To land midscreen it requires Kotal to initiate the f+2 from sweep distance. You have link each subsequent f+2 in fairly strict windows, and likewise initiate f122 in a very strict window.

I discovered during set play actually. I've gotten good at recognizing when it'll work and when it won't and adjusting my inputs accordingly.
Ok, managed to get it! From closer distances you can do f2,f2,1,f2,b14EXdf1,b14db2 for 1 less damage (46%)

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
To land midscreen it requires Kotal to initiate the f+2 from sweep distance. You have link each subsequent f+2 in fairly strict windows, and likewise initiate f122 in a very strict window.

I know for a fact Wargod can do b122~exdf1 off of their BnB as well, but I've never been able to get it close to consistent. It would only be good in a 2 or 3 bar combo though, so I never figured it was practical enough to keep trying. Glad to see Sun/Blood god can get some use out of it.

I know for a fact Wargod can do b122~exdf1 off of their BnB as well, but I've never been able to get it close to consistent. It would only be good in a 2 or 3 bar combo though, so I never figured it was practical enough to keep trying. Glad to see Sun/Blood god can get some use out of it.
Landing b122~exdf1 is easy after f2, f2 or f1b2, f2. Doing it after f2, f2, f2 is very difficult unless Kotal lands the first f2 from sweep range--EDIT: on a standing opponent.

Last edited:

Second Saint

Landing b122~exdf1 is easy after f2, f2 or f1b2, f2. Doing it after f2, f2, f2 is very difficult unless Kotal lands the first f2 from sweep range.
I was actually talking about after Wargod's EX db1. For example, b14~ex db1, f2, b122~exdf1, f1b2~EX db3 is probably War God's highest midscreen damage, but I have never finished this combo or explored it beyond thinking it might be possible when I accidentally hit b122~df1 because it would only be useful in a combo video due to it's impractical bar usage and overall difficulty. Not even certain the db3 would hit with how high the gravity would be at that point.

I was actually talking about after Wargod's EX db1. For example, b14~ex db1, f2, b122~exdf1, f1b2~EX db3 is probably War God's highest midscreen damage, but I have never finished this combo or explored it beyond thinking it might be possible when I accidentally hit b122~df1 because it would only be useful in a combo video due to it's impractical bar usage and overall difficulty. Not even certain the db3 would hit with how high the gravity would be at that point.
Right. B122~exdf1 is featured heavily in both of the videos I made for Kotal's BnBs. I execute it on the reg during match play.

Your example combo is entirely possible. End with f1b2~df1 or db1 for 45% midscreen.

I don't modify optimal damage combos during match play. Inflicting maximum damage features heavily into my strategy at this point.

Last edited:
Something relevant I haven't seen posted yet that might be good to note about f2 is that is launches crouching (or otherwise low to the ground) opponents lower than it does standing opponents, so some of the harder f2 juggle combos may be standing-only.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ok, managed to get it! From closer distances you can do f2,f2,1,f2,b14EXdf1,b14db2 for 1 less damage (46%)
no need to add the 1, it makes b14 harder to connect and doesnt add any damage actually.

these new combos are very good, its important for such a hard hitting character to improve his damage even more.

alexbib

Noob
no need to add the 1, it makes b14 harder to connect and doesnt add any damage actually.

these new combos are very good, its important for such a hard hitting character to improve his damage even more.
Weird, I could have sworn I'd tested it without the 1 a little while ago and it did 45%. Now it seems to do 46%. I probably just misremembered it (unless the scaling or rounding formula was slightly tweaked since).

Anyway, you can also do f2,f2,f2,EXdf1,f2,b14db2 for 46% (47% with JIP).
If you don't want to spend meter, you can do f2,f2,f2,b122db2 for 39% on max range starter or corner carry, or just f2,f2,f2,b14db2 for 37% for closer starter. If you start in the corner, f2,f2,f2,f2,b122db2 does 42% meterless.

Last edited:

D. R.

Noob
Figured I'd post this here as well since I just discussed it weeks ago and never posted a video showcasing it. My f2, f2 combo if Kotal is too close to the opponent.

Second Saint

Figured I'd post this here as well since I just discussed it weeks ago and never posted a video showcasing it. My f2, f2 combo if Kotal is too close to the opponent.

Damn, that's pretty fancy stuff. Is there a meterless version of this that ends in df2? He looks pretty low there after the first f1, so maybe not if the b2 doesn't hit.

Also notation: f2, f2, d2, f1~EX df1, f1b2~df2

D. R.

Noob
Damn, that's pretty fancy stuff. Is there a meterless version of this that ends in df2? He looks pretty low there after the first f1, so maybe not if the b2 doesn't hit.

Also notation: f2, f2, d2, f1~EX df1, f1b2~df2
f2, f2, d2, run cancel f1b2 xx df2 works. 35%

mattnin

Noob

Wow that's pretty bad ass bro. I get so many missed opportunities with f2 close up, I'll definitely have to try incorporating this into my game. It almost seems like there isn't enough time to do the ex grab after d2. Are you run canceling or just forward dashing?

alexbib

Noob
Blood God and Sun God post-patch:

f1b2db1,1,f2,b14EXdf1,f2,d2 = 48% for 1 bar
114EXdf1,f2,2,b14db2 = 47% for 1 bar
f2,f2,1,f2,b14db2 = 39%