What's new

Tech - Grandmaster "OTG" Ice Clone! Combos, setups, and more!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So @TopTierHarley and I were messing around in the lab and came across this hilarious tech. We are not sure why this happens but when you do a EX Ice Clone while your opponent is knocked down, it ignores the proximity rules of the clone. Now it is possible to get this after F12 but it is very inconsistent so I started messing around with all of his strings that knockdown aaannnddd.. I came across this.

Now I understand 114 is techable on knockdown but I'll show you why that's not a bad thing later. Anyway,
here are some important things to know about the "OTG clone."

1. Your opponent cannot do anything except block or perform an armored attack on wakeup.

2. Your opponent can Delay Wakeup to escape this but the clone will be so close to them, that any movement could lead to them getting frozen or they will have to block the clone as they get up.

3. The clone on block is INSANELY plus on block, giving you a free 50/50.

4. This requires the EX clone, the regular version WILL NOT work.

5. Since the clone counts as a hit on its own, this is will break armor slower than 9 frames.

6. The OTG clone works on both male and female characters

7. The EX clone lasts twice as long compared to the regular clone.

8. Unless you do a meaty jump 1 after taking a few steps back, you can't properly convert off the OTG clone as shown below:

Note:
Not shown in the video is the fact you can do a full combo into an ice clone setup.
Here are the inputs: Deep j1, 242, njp, fj1, f12, walk back a bit, clone.

Setup into the OTG clone off a corner bnb:

So what happens when you tech roll?

Yyyyyeaaahhhh... That happened... He needs it.

@Tom Brady
@UsedForGlue
@Qwark28
@Madzin
@Braindead
@YOMI DJT
@YOMI MITYEAP
@Eldriken
@SonicFox5000
@RagingRicans
@Rebelo
@boba_buster
@STRYKIE
@Other members of the Lin Kuei I missed.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Gonna try to throw this into my gameplan. Looks like a great substitute in situations where you can't end with F12.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm gonna see what I can do to implement this into the combo thread. Thanks for sharing this, novel or known, it's certainly helpful.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
So for overhead OTG setup I've been using B2 B2 1 1 114 (26%)

For low I've been doing B33xxDF2 FJP B2 B2 1 1 114 (25%)

For a follow up combo I've been doing FJP B2 B2 242 123xxBF4 (30%)

Is this optimal from what you guys have found? These are the two routes I've been getting most consistently. I haven't been able to trigger a consistent OTG from his full corner combo routes.

Last edited:

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I rolled then blocked and avoided the clone completely. Has anyone tryed that?

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Nerf it. Nerf this damn obomination.

But seriously though that's some funny stuff. Be good to see what else comes out of it.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I'm think I'm less excited about this than the rest of the GM's. I mean what kind of conversions can you make off a freeze that's so low?

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm think I'm less excited about this than the rest of the GM's. I mean what kind of conversions can you make off a freeze that's so low?
This tech really isn't that practical. Doing the standard combos grants the same mixup oppurtunities and overall grants more damage. If everything goes perfectly I've been able to get 50% out of the OTG and the follow up. Considering I get 37% and a safe clone setup without meter and the same 50/50 opportunities doing the normal stuff I'm not gonna bother with this stuff anymore.

zoofs

bless
theres combos you can do without 114 from what I remember and btw the whole idea of using this otg clone thing is almost entirely useless

you can just end the same combo with f12 or njk and get a safe clone + safe 50/50 with your clone as well as the chance to just shred armor normally

the whole idea of using the + frames for a 50/50 is so redundant its not even funny
there's also the fact that you are at a disadvantage as you're then forced to wait even longer in clone recovery because you just used ex clone immediately on a knockdown. Imo just a terrible option in the corner but I've been using ex clone in a similar way midscreen for a bit now so it's cool that he mentioned that in the thread I guess.

doing some form of regular ex clone setup to bait out something/use the + frames and then jumping over or reversing position with them so they're forced to deal with your pressure as well as the clone providing free advantage when they're pushed into it is great.
this is what I posted in the combo thread the other day just for anyone that didn't see it, it's cool for people to post tech because at least our forum isn't dead and there could always be something that is super good that hasn't been found, but yeah there are almost no uses for this in the corner.