What's new

Tech - Grandmaster "OTG" Ice Clone! Combos, setups, and more!

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
So if Sub holds block to punish any armor, and reacts to them blocking the clone and goes into 50/50, isn't this really strong? Making both armour and delayed wake up unusable, and forcing them to guess right on the 50/50 every wake up?

i dont think this works if you roll then block.
Why what happens?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I feel like their input for the armored wake up, because they're not holding block, would get them frozen while tech rolling.

We've gotta find a meterless set up for this. The only glaring drawback I can see is the fact that the clone is on cool down for such a long time after ex statue.

zoofs

bless
I feel like their input for the armored wake up, because they're not holding block, would get them frozen while tech rolling.

We've gotta find a meterless set up for this. The only glaring drawback I can see is the fact that the clone is on cool down for such a long time after ex statue.
I think the fact that you're burning a bar just to be potentially punished instead of remaining safe for the majority of your options is a huge drawback

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
If if we are going to burn a bar to beat the wake up and guarantee the 50/50 (which is all this tech actually achieves assuming they don't roll it) then why not just end combos with EX-Throw? I mean, it gets you more damage than needing to end with 114, guarantees the 50/50, and means that the follow up combo does more damage as well. Seems better in every way

zoofs

bless
If if we are going to burn a bar to beat the wake up and guarantee the 50/50 (which is all this tech actually achieves assuming they don't roll it) then why not just end combos with EX-Throw? I mean, it gets you more damage than needing to end with 114, guarantees the 50/50, and means that the follow up combo does more damage as well. Seems better in every way
it's essentially the same thing which is why none of this was tech in the first place really. I'd much rather go for the meterless safe clone setup, take the risk of them possibly mashing a risky wakeup and me either shredding it depending on matchup, reading it and blocking + punishing, or going for my 50/50 that even if they block I'm safe on (also potentially shredding with the 50/50 once again depending on the mu). As I said before, you also lose the alternative guessing game that is throwing into clone.

overall this is just unnecessary risk that doesn't even need to happen, I'm not going to say its 100% completely and indefinitely trash, but it sorta is

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
These are really good points... I suppose OTG clone is good for some sort of ambiguity? An opponent who's hit by MB throw knows about how much "stagger" stun they're left with. An opponent blocking clone on wake up might be confused by the amount of time they're stuck in block stun and hit a button too early/ late.

The set ups need to be worked a bit. This needs to find a meterless route. If it does, it'll breathe some more life into the already confusing corner game we've got.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
The way I look at it is we found something that could be very useful but we just need to work out the kinks. It'll get there! We got this!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

If they get hit the clone you can walk back into a full combo, and then into a clone setup. Inputs: j1, 242, njp, j3, f12.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Very true indeed, but this is the scenario if your opponent is knocked down. I find this great for stuffing wakeup and applying pressure. I just wish that the f12 OTG was more consistent.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
This seems swaggy, but impractical. I'd much rather go with the F12 splat and safe clone than waste meter on this set up.

@rubmytaco ?

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
This seems swaggy, but impractical. I'd much rather go with the F12 splat and safe clone than waste meter on this set up.

@rubmytaco ?
Yeah... not gonna use this. I would generally like to save my bars for a semi safe b33 ib or breakers for good positioning. Looks cool and could be interesting in some situations, but I would never use this unless it can close out a round/match.