What's new

Tech - Grandmaster Funny Klone Setup For Opponents Wake Up (Hover Klone)

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
From enhanced slide into the corner if they don't block and just get up this happens. I'm sure this happens for some wake up attacks that have no armor.

Edit - Here is a video for all the options against Male Regular Size Scorpion Hellfire.

I will make another two videos for Female: Sonya and Big Body Male: Ferra/Torr.

Use these videos to give you ideas on how to combat other characters. I am not going to do the whole cast and variations.

Last edited:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Does that happen if they delay wake up lol? Looks like an otg kinda...
-dumb question(?)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I think this happens with big bodies only. I found a similar setup once and it only worked with big bodies. Torr is free to this kind of setups lol.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Does that happen if they delay wake up lol? Looks like an otg kinda...
-dumb question(?)
I'm just putting the Klone as close as possible when they get up and if they don't block or possibly do a non armored wake up attack that happens. It doesn't OTG. It just freezes when they wake up. As far as delayed, I guess until Klone disappears or they block or wake up armor.

I think this happens with big bodies only. I found a similar setup once and it only worked with big bodies. Torr is free to this kind of setups lol.
Well I did it on Scorpion and he isn't a big body.

Last edited:

SEV

Noob
Is it plus on block? Can it only be done in that situation or can you do it after any ex slide anywhere on the screen?

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Is it plus on block? Can it only be done in that situation or can you do it after any ex slide anywhere on the screen?
If I'm not mistaken it should be plus on block and you can quickly do F4,2, Klone. It can happen mid screen but it's harder to setup. I tried EX Slide mid screen and couldn't do it unless they delayed.

not new for the most part
I have only seen this happen once mid screen during a match. I'm trying to find the video. As far as I'm aware it is new and can be used to catch people off guard.

Right... but if they hold block does the clone not form at all? Or does it form and force the opponent to block it giving + or - frames. Pretty important stuff to know.
The Klone forms and then breaks with them having the block stun. As far as + or - I'm not sure.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
not new for the most part
I'm yet to see anyone talk about it or ever do it. How is this not new.

Now, on the topic of this thread, there is a way to cancel D4 into a clone Midscreen, mid juggle, and freeze them to extend the combo, where Iceball obviously wouldn't connect. Not sure exactly how. I was just messing around when I was drinking and accidently did it, couldn't remember what I did either. Haven't really looked in to doing it again, might even be possibly off a 242 run cancel, if someone has the patience to discover this it would be pretty amazing tech, extending the shit out of a combo. I can assure you it does exist, finding it might be another story tho

EDIT: don't think it's 242 after testing, not even from a neutral jump

Last edited:

zoofs

bless

Now, on the topic of this thread, there is a way to cancel D4 into a clone Midscreen, mid juggle, and freeze them to extend the combo, where Iceball obviously wouldn't connect. Not sure exactly how. I was just messing around when I was drinking and accidently did it, couldn't remember what I did either. Haven't really looked in to doing it again, might even be possibly off a 242 run cancel, if someone has the patience to discover this it would be pretty amazing tech, extending the shit out of a combo. I can assure you it does exist, finding it might be another story tho

its not new as in I've done this myself and have seen this happen to other people, but I don't think it is consistent or good enough tech to actually be talked about

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox

I will test around later for it.

its not new as in I've done this myself and have seen this happen to other people, but I don't think it is consistent or good enough tech to actually be talked about
The idea of why this can be useful is because I've seen so many people do EX Slide to get out of the corner and then they just stand neutral while the opponent gets up. You have a chance to smother the opponent and scare them by dropping a Klone on top of them. You could space it a little more so they just get up and are trapped but this adds another dynamic to it.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah, this could be very useful. When it comes down to it, people will get used to corner clone set ups. If they wake up into a clone, blocking or not, they're gonna be confused. Gimmicks will give us an edge, especially if we've got a lot of them.

Crosshair, can you test this on a blocking opponent? See who can jump first to see if it's +, if it works on females, if ex clone makes it more viable, if we can launch off that low of a hitbox, if we have time to throw a quick ice ball for some meter gain, etc.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Crosshair, can you test this on a blocking opponent? See who can jump first to see if it's +, if it works on females, if ex clone makes it more viable, if we can launch off that low of a hitbox, if we have time to throw a quick ice ball for some meter gain, etc.
Will it stuff a non armored wake up?
Updated original post with a video of options against Scorpion Hellfire. I will make one for Sonya: Covert and Ferra/Torr: Vicious and update the original post once they're done.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Since the clone is not supposed to come out when you are directly on someone's hurtbox I am assuming we will see a video from Tom soon asking NRS to fix it... Or do those videos just go 1 way?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Since the clone is not supposed to come out when you are directly on someone's hurtbox I am assuming we will see a video from Tom soon asking NRS to fix it... Or do those videos just go 1 way?
Well, it's safe to assume he'll be in this thread. So he'll see your post and now has to make a video. But now that he's saw this post he won't. But because I just said that, I- I don't. What am I talking about?

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
If I'm not mistaken this is what it actually is like. Unless NRS used 3D detection then just mesh the models in the box.

He technically isn't in their hurtbox.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
If I'm not mistaken this is what it actually is like. Unless NRS used 3D detection then just mesh the models in the box.

He technically isn't in their hurtbox.
I don't agree because when Sub is actually doing the clone his normal hitbox is on top of Scorpion's as we are talking about properties before the clone is out and not after. You're pictures would draw a conclusion where Sub could do the clone at point blank range in any situation which is obviously not the case.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I don't agree because when Sub is actually doing the clone his normal hitbox is on top of Scorpion's as we are talking about properties before the clone is out and not after. You're pictures would draw a conclusion where Sub could do the clone at point blank range in any situation which is obviously not the case.
But it's not his hurtbox that restricts the range. It's the Klone's collision which I marked with the blue box. Where the Klone is formed is where Sub-Zero was standing and the Klone's collision box is not as far as the characters'. The restriction box doesn't count the front leg of the Klone. Point blank Klone both standing works because the Klone collision is not touching the opponents hurtbox. This scenario is making them as close as possible without touching. You are correct that both hurtboxes are touching but it's the Klones collision that is the defining factor. This is why we really need the hitbox viewer NRS.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I never thought of using a hit/ hurt box viewer to look into clone setups. I didn't know that was a resource honestly. Hopefully (?) this will be adjusted for better or worse when/ if NRS ever acknowledges the current clone proximity inconsistencies.

I don't get all this Tom Brady/ Grandmaster hate. If it were someone else's main, it'd be a whole different story. I feel worse for the people who hate this topic more than I do for any SZ main. So blind and unwilling to see things that are clearly flaws and, if fixed, would make for a better game. So eager to jump to conclusions to suit your attempted cruelty. It's like a mob without a single original thought. I wonder how sad and small your lives must be outside of MK.