What's new

Opinion on the what the current tiers look like

so? pratically everyone's fireball hit high too yet cybernetic kano's hit mid.
Since when does universal moves is a good idea of balance?

But there's no point talking to you. I'm only getting increasingly bored at talking to you when you can't show a single glimpse of an actual working brain.

So good day to you and welcome to my ignore list.
wrong.

a lot of projectiles non ex-hit mid aside from the obvious ones (kung laos hat, ice clone toss)

kitanas glaive
kung jins chakram
tanyas fireball
kotal kahn sword toss
ermacs soul ball (3 spirit)
shinnok amulet blast
erron black rifle
kotal kahn sword toss and sunstone

now go and continue being ignorant.

Started from the bottom...... now we still at the bottom :confused:

C TIER

Goro: It's possible that Prince of Shokan may be greater than bottom 2 "C" tier material, but I do feel he is lacking enough to possibly be the second worst in the game. His lack of mobility is his biggest crutch. F+4 being made an overhead is huge; before he gained that, I feel he was worse than Kitana. Biggest strengths he has are fairly good pressure, as he has alot of 0 to +2 blockstrings, as well as above average combo damage in all three variants. It's hard to not pick Kuatan Warrior over the other variants because the ground pound is a huge tool in many matchups as a fullscreen check. The Kuatan b,f+2 "Corp Charge" is kinda redundant and booty as a footsie/armor tool as it is a high, but it an be used as a nice combo ender. Tigrar Fury might have potential in flamethrower blockstrings, and the low flame could be useful in matchups where he doesn't get zoned out heavily. Dragon Fangs is lacking but he does have that d/b+2 low which is like +6 on block which is unusual. The Dragon Fangs EX d,b+2 special also scales a bit less than EX punchwalk, 2,1,2 is a decent chip/spacing string, and his command grab does a bit more raw damage so this variation isn't entirely outclassed.
Kuatan Warrior = Tigrar Fury > Dragon Fangs
That's a fair analysis of Goro. I do think Dragon Fangs deserves a little more credit than normally given due to having ridiculously great pokes, and EX Punchwalk in general's multi-hit armor is a lifesaver fighting characters like Fisticuffs Johnny. Goro's wakeups are better than average, and Tony T's video showing you can tack EX Ground Pound damage to a lot of combos and knockdowns shows that Goro can find good damage variety once he's in. He has the potential to easily become a monster with an overzealous buff, but I understand why he is where he is. Thumbs :u for the detail you put into these.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
the big thing i hear that makes me think that could be right is that he's - on block with all of his run cancel strings. if true that's a pretty damn huge hole for an alleged rushdown character.

but zephyrus needs to watch more of the kung laos making top 8 everywhere if they think you can't win on pressure & chip damage. what the whole "OMG 50/50" argument misses is that throws are *really* fucking good in this game, and pressure string/throw is a 50/50 of a different sort. throws do more damage than in SF4, are like 10x harder to break, and give you much better followups than in MK9 since meterless wakeups aren't really a thing anymore. that is what makes the pure rushdown gameplan work, i think.
i think kung laos low game is a bit lacking, his starter F23 can be broke through with meter. i think he is fine the way he is and still a strong competitor but i think that also justifies his placment on here.... i use tempest, on his buzz saw he makes up for it but still lacking in LOW starters. i go with kung lao for one reason only, #kung fu lao

MadeOfMetal

i have alot of respect for the tourny players that stick with thier loved character low tier or not. they may not have took 1st or placed top ten with baraka in mk9 but at least they showed what could be done with low tier.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Why is everyone placing Kotal so low, he has amazing footsies, some great safe specials, a lot of forward advancing moves and mixups, and does great damage.
What in the actual fuck...

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
People are downplaying Impostor Shinnok way too hard in this thread.

45%+ chip damage with 3 bars.
unbreakable damage.
F22 has better range than any other string in the game.
16% grabs after his "low" damage does not equal low damage...
Great anti air, great anti cross over, great punishing tools, great anti zoner, strong rush down with MB hell sparks.
Mimicry puts you at +104 and is a standing reset that also grants a damage boost.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

unbreakable damage.
Great anti air, great anti cross over, great punishing tools, great anti zoner, strong rush down with MB hell sparks.
Mimicry puts you at +104 and is a standing reset that also grants a damage boost.
Preach it!

Why is everyone placing Kotal so low, he has amazing footsies, some great safe specials, a lot of forward advancing moves and mixups, and does great damage.
What in the actual fuck...
b1 is a mid but whiffs on crouching characters. his strings kinda suck as his most used ones are like -9 or -10. You can armor through his war god mixups (a big one kotal players are getting away with). the war god low sword is negative on hit. He is probably the easiest zoned character in the game. Sun god and blood god suck. just to name a few a few things....

for those who said that kano is good he dosen't need fixes or buffs now they agree with this list and kano is mid tier low. How the logic works here pls told me, xD. Anyways, my last shot is for tremor I'm praying to he's gonna be good. The black dragon needs a representative.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Not doubting Jacqui being in A tier, just wondering why this A tier character is not being represented at any majors. She did have some hitbox issues that have been recently corrected but, still... No one's rockin her. Looking forward to @GGA pimpimjim 's breakdown for A tier, and hope to see some Jacqui players surface in the tourney scene soon.

Curious of other tournament players [and just MKX players] opinion on this character as well... Jacqui mains, feel free to chime in with your thoughts on the lack of representation for this character.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
for those who said that kano is good he dosen't need fixes or buffs now they agree with this list and kano is mid tier low. How the logic works here pls told me, xD. Anyways, my last shot is for tremor I'm praying to he's gonna be good. The black dragon needs a representative.
Because mid tier is ideally where all characters should be as close to as possible. That logic is actually very sound and it really isn't that hard to process, The only bad logic I see is the one sided belief that your mid tier balanced character needs to be buffed to be on the level of the OP top 3, when the majority of the cast has very balanced match ups with Kano. You feel this way because it benefits you, not because it improves balance.

Because mid tier is ideally where all characters should be as close to as possible. That logic is actually very sound and it really isn't that hard to process, The only bad logic I see is the one sided belief that your mid tier balanced character needs to be buffed to be on the level of the OP top 3, when the majority of the cast has very balanced match ups with Kano. You feel this way because it benefits you, not because it improves balance.
And now told me when in NR games that happen?. Almost every top tier right now is going to maintain that position.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just let her die. More damage and a 50/50 off a blockstring starting with a high did nothing and would do nothing even if implemented again
100% combos off either her low or overhead is nothing? Safe blocking string pressure that beat universal amour was nothing? Lol k.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Is your prediction. However,even if it's correct, it doesn't change the fact that good balancing would be shooting for characters to be normalised to mid tier, so nobody is really too interested in hearing people campaigning for bad balance.

MadeOfMetal

my last shot is for tremor I'm praying to he's gonna be good. The black dragon needs a representative.
His "backstory" in said game states Tremor was apprehended by the Special Forces and imprisoned after being betrayed by Kano, acting under the facade of a confidential informant for the Special Forces, who were searching for the Black Dragon, but Tremor escaped. He then targeted both Kano and Jax for revenge.
due to the fact he has a unique relationship with the Black Dragon and the Lin Kuei, the latter of which he was rumored to abandon, the first Lin Kuei ninja to do so and live .

im not sure he will be in either, but might make an appearance in one of the others, his origin is earthrealm so i think that keeps him from being brotherhood of shadows.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!

unbreakable damage.
(i agree with you)

but

:REO

Tweedy

Noob
Not doubting Jacqui being in A tier, just wondering why this A tier character is not being represented at any majors. She did have some hitbox issues that have been recently corrected but, still... No one's rockin her. Looking forward to @GGA pimpimjim 's breakdown for A tier, and hope to see some Jacqui players surface in the tourney scene soon.

Curious of other tournament players [and just MKX players] opinion on this character as well... Jacqui mains, feel free to chime in with your thoughts on the lack of representation for this character.
Imo the only time you see people use mid tier or lower characters at a high level is because they're loyalists to that character. Jacqui is a new and somewhat bland character, so I doubt too many people are gonna be ride or die with her.

Last edited: