What's new

Opinion on the what the current tiers look like

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
Here we go with this Kitana nonsense. She isn't slept on at all. All the top Kitana reps excluding KP have dropped her for someone far better. I wonder why that is?
I'm not trying to start anything,I have no opinion tourney wise with her.I am simply stating she is not as bad as people think she is.I guess I should've used overlooked than slept on apologies on the confusion.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Jacqui is too high... like way too high. I'll wait for PPJ's breakdown for her coz I'm not buying that placement.

Liu is too low, he's not a top character but he's good. Till Tanya came out he was my secondary and he has a lot of good stuff outside of a good overhead.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I said Inferno was the best during week 1, MAYBE through week 2 of the game's life. Since then I've said Hellfire is easily the best.
Yes, I was quoting what you said when I asked at the time. Reason why I quoted ya ;)

So now you feel HF is the best, interesting. Thanks though for the newer opinion on Scorp.

Maybe you cant read. I never said you claimed you played online like a boss. You also mention salt then write some long ass salty post yourself. I said stop talking about online inferno in the tier list. No one gives a serious shit about online tier lists. Just stop bringing up online in these discussions because then you start backpeddling when someone mentions it.
I can read fine, just going by what you actually said. I'm not salty, lol what do I have to be, because some random dude posts false shit about me? I don't care...

uhh what? Ok...I'll make it simple, stop saying other people say shit they never said and it won't be an issue. Again I never said I used "online" as a source for offline tiers...

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I'm not trying to start anything,I have no opinion tourney wise with her.I am simply stating she is not as bad as people think she is.I guess I should've used overlooked than slept on apologies on the confusion.
I didn't mean to imply you were trying to start anything. Sorry about that. It's just people keep saying this shit about her and no one has proven it to be true. The only thing that's been proven about Kitana is that she sucks.

ShaolinGunFu

Warrior
Full Auto is top tier? She lacks everything the top tier characters have except for meterless and metered damage. She's not even remotely close to top tier.
There are chars in that bottom tier that are better than some in the top tier (the best reptile isnt as good as the worst dvorah imo), im just simplistically putting each variation in order, I took it all from the thread where we all discussed the worst and best variations (there was some controversy with some chars especially jax who is basically the most balanced throughout all 3) . All of the variations are now typed out if anyone has the time to actually make a legitimate 81 char tier list by swapping it around

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
I didn't mean to imply you were trying to start anything. Sorry about that. It's just people keep saying this shit about her and no one has proven it to be true. The only thing that's been proven about Kitana is that she sucks.
Very true I haven't seen Kitana make an impact in the competative scene recently,unless I missed something.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
You missed 16bit winning a major, KitanaPrime winning a bunch, the most downplayed character in this game (raiden being the most upplayed)
ShaolinGunfu I know you don't want to admit it, but Kitana is bad. I know you have some trouble against the character, but that can happen in multiple games. Like for me in Blazblue Tager in one of the games was considered the worst character, I even had a 7-3 winning match up against that character. Yet I always got bodied by competent Tager players. Doesn't change how good or bad the actual character is.

ShaolinGunFu

Warrior
I feel royal storm is at least mid tier, if we had an 81 player tier list, mournful could be low but royal should be mid at least

Wait, you were the dude from last night! I wasn't having that much trouble was I? You are better than most kitanas I play and we were going back and forth. Im not trying to be negative I just see some kitanas doing so well that I dont understand why others say shes the worst in the game?

You missed 16bit winning a major, KitanaPrime winning a bunch, the most downplayed character in this game (raiden being the most upplayed)
16bit won a local, because hes 16bit, not because of Kitana. KitanaPrime won one local early on in the games release, and even he admitted she was not good. It requires a lot of skill to win with Kitana in high level, and it also relies on the opponents lack of match up knowledge or mistakes.

ShaolinGunFu

Warrior
alright I thought it was a major but winning against the other GGAs is a lot different than winning a random local so its still cool he did it. In a simplistic tier list, okay put her last but when we finally have a full one I think her best variation should be in the middle, huge damage and with the new OH tech she has ways to open people up

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
alright I thought it was a major but winning against the other GGAs is a lot different than winning a random local so its still cool he did it. In a simplistic tier list, okay put her last but when we finally have a full one I think her best variation should be in the middle, huge damage and with the new OH tech she has ways to open people up
What overhead does she have? lol if it's with float that's a you don't know the match up mix up.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
In after the typical Liu Kang uplaying by people who don't play him. He's not that good of a character, DF is decent at best but it's still gimmick city, especially when you have characters like Jax, Scorpion, and D'vorah whose FBRCs are so much better in every way so there's no point in choosing him over those characters. Dualist and FF are just plain bad in this game and really shouldn't be looked into at all.

I just watching this reaction video from EVO in 2014 for the Raiden reveal. I noticed how the variations that are now not viable got the most hype lol... Its a shame because the Displacer and Storm variations looked the most interesting, technical and unique to use in competitive matches. I feel like the run mechanic has been the cause of these variations being useless

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Yes, I was quoting what you said when I asked at the time. Reason why I quoted ya ;)

So now you feel HF is the best, interesting. Thanks though for the newer opinion on Scorp.
Yea the damage output, the safe low launcher, the flame aura in footsies, and the fb run cancels easily top Inferno's meterless damage and zoning/anti-zoning. Inferno isn't bad but Hellfire is the best.

Mista_Snacks

Kombatant
Also dizzy and ppj weren't there!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Full Auto is top tier? She lacks everything the top tier characters have except for meterless and metered damage. She's not even remotely close to top tier.
Lol it's every characters apparent top, mid and low tier variation which is miserably wrong in some cases.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN

I just watching this reaction video from EVO in 2014 for the Raiden reveal. I noticed how the variations that are now not viable got the most hype lol... Its a shame because the Displacer and Storm variations looked the most interesting, technical and unique to use in competitive matches. I feel like the run mechanic has been the cause of these variations being useless
That pre launch Raiden xray :eek: