What's new

General/Other - Fisticuffs One year of Speedbag: The future of Fisticuffs Cage

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
I like how after what I post, here it is in case you haven't seen

I honestly want to see why some people think Fisticuffs is viable and I don't want to hear "the base character of Cage is really solid so Fisticuffs is good" argument cause that argument is seriously flawed and you look stupid arguing the base character of Cage as a reason as to why his Fisticuffs variation is viable.
I haven't seen a single person in this thread after posting this explain how Fisticuffs is a viable variation.

Wigy

There it is...
Honestly. You can barely punish half the shit you need to properly in this game with fisticuffs, you're risking punishing if you fuck up even by 2-3 frames cause you can't hitconfirm f3 ex np.

that, with the fact his pressure has holes EVVVERYWHERE and the main pressure string you have like 6-7frames to poke out of with half the cast and his fistbumps being slooooww as shit. There is no reason to use him.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Think about this: If Fisticuffs is not known as Fisticuffs, a variation of Johnny Cage, instead it known as "Dustyfieryhands", a variation of Tanya. Would you choose to pick Dustyfieryhands over Kobu Jutsu and Dragon Naginata at this current state? My answer is yes

Wigy

There it is...
Think about this: If Fisticuffs is not known as Fisticuffs, a variation of Johnny Cage, instead it known as "Dustyfieryhands", a variation of Tanya. Would you choose to pick Dustyfieryhands over Kobu Jutsu and Dragon Naginata at this current state? My answer is yes
That would be because tanya is total trash.

read my previous comment, Just because other characters are also trash doesn't mean fisticuffs doesn't need buffs....

By you're logic, buffs and fixes should come out one by one in order of increasing urgency. Stupid.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
In an off-topic in 3-4 th of October we have a major - the day of patch most likely :-(
That will be fun, pure chaos, nobody can prepare xD

I love this variation, it got the most hype brutality in the game. I really hope it gets a proper help in the upcoming patch.
Yep, best brutality by far. Butcher leatherface has a super cool one too.

I hope nrs finally fixes this variation, but I don't want to get too excited...

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
We have Alien, D'Vorah top Players. The patch will be held, other wise they will blame the nerffs and we don't want that.
Yeah, patches close to tournaments suck. Last year I went to an offline tournament two days after the famous fisticuffs nerf and they didn't hold the patch. I felt robbed.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
On a second look, I think they put predator there just to show that ex fistbump have around the same recovery as predator's midkit. Not sure how is this going to play out for fisticuffs best interest, I guess we'll have to wait and see what else they gave him to compliment this move.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
On a second look, I think they put predator there just to show that ex fistbump have around the same recovery as predator's midkit. Not sure how is this going to play out for fisticuffs best interest, I guess we'll have to wait and see what else they gave him to compliment this move.
or maybe they buffed, medkit, made it faster/More Health, less recovery? who knows well know in 3 days though.

#buffWarrior

MadeOfMetal

It's probably EX Fistibump, but is it just me or does it look more like he's meter burning it and not EXing it?
honestly don't know the difference wouldn't Meter burn look the Same as a dealyed EX or like how Johnny Nutpuch is in ALIST? but i think he might be plus afterwords who knows. damn its only a couple days and we can see. I can't wait.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
We could expect it to have a different effect entirely.

Hits of armor
Extra damage with all attacks
Make his nutpunch safe -6 when activated.

Or it could just be boring F3 into bf1 enhance; be plus 8 F3 again.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Yeah, it's meterburn. Hope it increases combo potential and specially improving his 113 game.
So much to speculate, so little time. Maybe it won't even give him better frames at all and instead give him an all around damage increase instead of on only the speedbag string

MadeOfMetal

For those who didn't see it...

I knew he needed that exfistbump. 15 months of wait finally paid off.:cool:

Max hype to see its uses.

are you using a Phone app to post that?

Whats the Sonya one i keep hearing but can't find. they are saying B1 is nerfed, but are they talking about the D'Vorah one?
cuz thats slowed down, not her B1 it went from 60FPS to 30FPS so in theory it would double the MS per Frame.