What's new

"Once I beat SonicFox I'm done with the game forever", PunkDaGod challenges the best in Injustice 2

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
The real question is why is anyone getting baited by what Punk says? He's a known troll/wannabee heel in the Capcom community.

Justing Wong & Co are considered good in a relevant fighting games as well but that doesn't change the fact that they are mostly average in NRS games.
I mean ... just spare your grotesque comments please ...
They don't even attempt to play them seriously. And Justin Wong/Chris g in an NRS game are still better than 80-90% of the tournament players.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
The Power of Aids compels you.

Honestly....All of ya'll is free anyway. I'd body all of ya'll with Spawn. Then I'd retire a legend.

Till then....stay salty my friends.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
You say this as if Ketchup is a bad player, I understand what you mean but its not like he's some any old guy is he?
He's not a bad player but I think even Foxy Grampa will admit he is not top shelf for even the EU scene of MKX let alone the international scene (despite Foxy downplaying the shit out of North Americans). He hasn't placed a major since then to my knowledge (I stand to be blown up on this point because I'm sure some EU tournament with little to no footage and like 12 people will be brought up) and the footage from that tournament shows just how little counter-tech had been on the scene. I mean people were getting in top 32 with Summoner Cheese.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
He's not a bad player but I think even Foxy Grampa will admit he is not top shelf for even the EU scene of MKX let alone the international scene (despite Foxy downplaying the shit out of North Americans). He hasn't placed a major since then to my knowledge (I stand to be blown up on this point because I'm sure some EU tournament with little to no footage and like 12 people will be brought up) and the footage from that tournament shows just how little counter-tech had been on the scene. I mean people were getting in top 32 with Summoner Cheese.
I'll ask foxy if I get the chance, but me, him and foxy all made top 8 at VSF back in August, and there was like 70-80 people there, which especially for the UK scene was phenomenal. I'm not saying he's of the highest caliber, just that he isn't exactly some run of the mill tournament player.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Owee..Drama....

Wait....when has Jwong won any huge NRS game event though since vanilla broken PDP KL MK 9? so how can anyone say he's bettter than 90% of NRS tourney guys? :confused: definitely don't think 90%, if anything 90% are better than him. I think some people just have to admit, Capcom Players aren't Gods nor perfect in every fighting game nor win every fighting game, and certainly not NRS games. They have their FGC, NRS has theirs.

Last edited:
uhmmm, Chris G has been in the NRS community since the start. he just plays every fight game ever.
Yeah but it's not his main focus and he still does well is what I was saying. If he dropped other games and focused solely on NRS games he'd be a strong contender.

KiD DyNaMiCz

GT: Deeejuz
Yeah but it's not his main focus and he still does well is what I was saying. If he dropped other games and focused solely on NRS games he'd be a strong contender.
he's always been a strong contender since conception because 1. he's literally been there since MK9. 2. he's naturally talented at fighting game. combine those 2, and of course you're better than most. Chris G is an irrelevant argument when it comes to "NRS VS FGC" the other guy i've never heard of so i guess you can try to make your case off of him. but, no. i will not accept the Chris G argument

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
I'll ask foxy if I get the chance, but me, him and foxy all made top 8 at VSF back in August, and there was like 70-80 people there, which especially for the UK scene was phenomenal. I'm not saying he's of the highest caliber, just that he isn't exactly some run of the mill tournament player.
I was being a bit hyperbolic about the downplaying of the size of the EU scene. I know you guys do cool stuff across the pond.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
he's always been a strong contender since conception because 1. he's literally been there since MK9. 2. he's naturally talented at fighting game. combine those 2, and of course you're better than most. Chris G is an irrelevant argument when it comes to "NRS VS FGC" the other guy i've never heard of so i guess you can try to make your case off of him. but, no. i will not accept the Chris G argument
You've never heard of Justin Wong? How large is that rock you live under if you presumably follow the MKX tournament scene and haven't heard Justin's name in passing? He's the most decorated North American fighting game player of all time. Probably 2nd or 3rd most decorated in the world.

KiD DyNaMiCz

You've never heard of Justin Wong? How large is that rock you live under if you presumably follow the MKX tournament scene and haven't heard Justin's name in passing? He's the most decorated North American fighting game player of all time. Probably 2nd or 3rd most decorated in the world.
i don't follow SF nor MvC. i strictly watch MKX/MK9/IGAU. i may have seen him play but i don't recognize the name. and i watch A LOT of all 3 of those games.

EDIT: why would i know him? 1 IGAU tourney & 5 MXK.
http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/player/byname/Justin Wong#MKX

E

Eldriken

So, because he hasn't heard of someone, he's living under a rock? Not everyone knows everyone's name just because they follow the same game.

Man I didn't even care about Chris g in the argument lol. He said Wong and co. I assumed he meant Chris g ya know? Pay attention to the conversation and don't join midway. Besides my point was just that of the players that do well in capcom games that actually play nrs games they usually do fairly decent. They're not putting up a body montage every time they enter but they're also not devoting themselves to it like they'd have to.

So, because he hasn't heard of someone, he's living under a rock? Not everyone knows everyone's name just because they follow the same game.
Well I mean the phrase living under a rock is usually used in the exact situation he used it in lol. If someone is unaware of a large pop culture icon(or in this case probably the most famous person in NA FGC) it's not particularly rude to use it. I mean it doesn't matter if he doesn't know him but I don't think the phrase was used wrong.

E

Eldriken

Well I mean the phrase living under a rock is usually used in the exact situation he used it in lol. If someone is unaware of a large pop culture icon(or in this case probably the most famous person in NA FGC) it's not particularly rude to use it. I mean it doesn't matter if he doesn't know him but I don't think the phrase was used wrong.
Why is anyone expected to know who anyone is? Why do they have to care who they are like you (and others) do? If someone simply does not care, they're not gonna give a damn who anyone is unless they want to. I see nothing inherently wrong with that in any way.

Secondly, even if Justin Wong is the most popular/famous NA FGC player, he's only really well known in Capcom games. If the guy doesn't follow those games, he shouldn't be expected to know or care who Justin Wong is.

Why is anyone expected to know who anyone is? Why do they have to care who they are like you (and others) do? If someone simply does not care, they're not gonna give a damn who anyone is unless they want to. I see nothing inherently wrong with that in any way.

Secondly, even if Justin Wong is the most popular/famous NA FGC player, he's only really well known in Capcom games. If the guy doesn't follow those games, he shouldn't be expected to know or care who Justin Wong is.
I'm not saying he has to. Just that the phrase is super common and was used in proper context lol. Idgaf who knows who, but I feel like that statement was less rude than you thought it was.

KiD DyNaMiCz

all i was saying. thank you. i really don't know the guy lol

E

Eldriken

I'm not saying he has to. Just that the phrase is super common and was used in proper context lol. Idgaf who knows who, but I feel like that statement was less rude than you thought it was.
I'm not unfamiliar with how common the phrase is. I just feel it's not merited in this case. To each their own. *shrug*

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
If that person is Justin Wong yes someone is are living under a rock for not having heard of him and claiming to be tuned into the FGC.