What's new

Once a Green Lantern Always A Green Lantern -- Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
i would have preferred Nolan North who voiced him in Crisis on two earths. Adam Baldwin sounds a wee bit too old and just kinda bland. but he IS a Baldwin (who for god knows what reason, is considered a minor celeb) and he did voice Hal in JLU
Ah I had a feeling he was of the Baldwin clan.Yeah he sounds old but is decent.I mean Sinestro's worst IMO.

Lantern's Light

Member Of the Martian Manhunter Brigade .
Guy hung out with Arisia a lot in the 90's after Hal went insane but they never slept together to my knowledge. He was still lamenting over Ice at that point and realizing he was half alien.
i have a friend who is a massive Guy Gardner fan who tells me they were in a relationship. several other sources n the site confirm that she was his girlfriend for a time.

Also, the grope scene with Mary is a "dream sequence" where they are imagining what kind of shit Guy could be getting into. He does do something inappropriate as she throws him through a wall but I can't for the life of me remember.
he did indeed grope her, i read the series it occurred in. it totally messes Mary up for a large part of the series.

CCVengeance

For the GL comic fans.Here's a look at the new Green Lantern villain that will debut at the start of Vendetti's run:
His name is RELIC!

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Playing around with Green lantern, his hit confirms seem very similar to mk9's Sub-Zero to me. Starting with the most basic stuff I am finding 223, bf 2 on block and 223, bf 1 ex a nice way to start combos or to stay safe after the blockstring.

I have no idea what I am doing but I like the overall feel.

Playing around with Green lantern, his hit confirms seem very similar to mk9's Sub-Zero to me. Starting with the most basic stuff I am finding 223, bf 2 on block and 223, bf 1 ex a nice way to start combos or to stay safe after the blockstring.

I have no idea what I am doing but I like the overall feel.

I have the same feeling, so I changed the buttons. The "3" button is now my "4" button (Sub had a 224 combo)

SoVi3t

Noob
Whats the best usage of his Rock Power special? I fail to see why I wouldn't use minigun or oa's rocket, in 99% of the situations where either are viable.

rzn

Noob
Whats the best usage of his Rock Power special? I fail to see why I wouldn't use minigun or oa's rocket, in 99% of the situations where either are viable.
I feel that they are sometimes good to hit people out of air. Or hit someone at fullscreen and they fail to jump over it. They seem to have a pretty large explosion hitbox, but I still can't say I use that special well. It's horribly long startup doesn't make it easy to use. Using the EX version is sometimes good to catch the opponent unaware with the sudden additional rocket. But that's a gimmick.
Also by the looks of it, it can be used for something like crossup setup, i.e. rocket hits from one side, GL is already at the other, the opponent is confused, you get a combo! Or meaty setups. But the tech is yet to be found.

CCVengeance

Pretty slick design, is anything else known about him?
Ah in just in a new interview specifically about him:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/robert-Venditti-new-green-lantern-villain-relic.html
Things to note:
-He is massive in size compared to Hal(as seen in the pic above).
-His powers are tech based and are designed to counter GLs.
-He is a threat to all of the GLs titles.
-Pretty much all but confirms that Hal Jordan will be the leader of the GreenLanternCorps starting next month.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I think having other green lanterns as alternate costumes is a great idea. Lets go Kyle Rayner alt

If they made an Alan Scott classic GL uniform as an alt, that would be perfect. Him and Grundy are nemesis' anyway. Perfect addittion.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Well the BEST AA he has is LM.

But between the two D2 is better than B2, however if you can get used to landing the B2 it leads to bigger combo punishes than D1.
Thanks for the reply. Reason why I was thinking about B2 is because I thought walking backward was somewhat better dan just crouched which encourage cross up jumps. Since im walking backward and the move looks like an uppercut, I thought why not instead of going for a D2. Also LM gets beat sometimes if the jump in is really close. I havent gotten the time to experiment with B2 but according to the frame data D2 is faster(which I am assuming that's why you said it's beter). So im might just stick to D2 instead :)