What's new

Once a Green Lantern Always A Green Lantern -- Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Why do his missiles explode?

Do they just explode at that range? It looks like they explode before the laser touches him, so it's not that.

Do they just explode at that range? It looks like they explode before the laser touches him, so it's not that.
GL zonning game is really comendable for well rounded character. He has another projeticle that travels further and I think his traits boost it aswell. Lest not forget its projectile with anarc so its application can very versatile...that's rather scary when i think about it.

Marth

Hawkgirl Aficionado
Well, from what I can tell, GL seems at his best right outside of footsie range (right outside of Ryu's crouching mk in SF :D ). Sounds like he may rely on whiff punishes more than other characters, meaning that knowing spacing for each character is going to be even more important. I'm extremely curious to see how good his backdash is. I also want to know the spacing difference between the hitbox of the tip of his furthest reaching combo-able normal and the tip of his lift. Those are going to be the some of the first things I check out when I get the game. I wonder if there will be a significant difference.

Does anybody have any leads on this, or can elaborate on what they've seen/experienced regarding his spacing? CrimsonShadow STB TakeAChance CD jr ?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Lift will hit farther than any of GL's normals. He has a good mid hitting normal thats 10 frames and comboable into lift. He also has a 9f low starter that has massive range. Lantern can play footsies.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
STB Sgt Reed that particular attack just has defined ranges. He has 3 versions of it, in the MK fashion, that hit Close, Medium, Far. It has slower startup but more damage and faster recovery than the single rocket, and a trickier hitbox.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
STB Sgt Reed, He can choose where they go. They are also hella Plus on block, but have a 40 something frame startup time. So, if you do a little conditioning, landing one of these badboys give you extreme frame advantage.

rzn

Noob
What character's gameplay style from SF does GL resemble most? Is it Ryu, as was mentioned a page ago, or that's not exactly true?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.

WOO! Arturo Just covered this on the stream. Its the EX version. The Ex version of that projectile can be blown up by pushing a button. Either at full screen or by tapping it fast to get a mid screen. If it hits it pulls the opponent toward you slightly and makes them airborn in a juggle state.

Thank you Arturo!

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
WOO! Arturo Just covered this on the stream. Its the EX version. The Ex version of that projectile can be blown up by pushing a button. Either at full screen or by tapping it fast to get a mid screen. If it hits it pulls the opponent toward you slightly and makes them airborn in a juggle state.

Thank you Arturo!
No its not.

You're thinking of Oas rocket. This is another special.

This one has 3 different distances that can be inputed, input+back= short range, input= medium, how we saw it and input+forward= long range.

Lantern's Light

Member Of the Martian Manhunter Brigade .
"Once a green lantern, always a green lantern" - *gets kicked from corps twice*
Hal got kicked once because the Guardians were afraid of him because he overpowered their failsafes through sheer willpower in order to kill Krona. the Emerald Twilight because they only intended to temporarily take his ring

Lantern's Light

Lantern's Light
Your name is actually...

Anyway, i'm calling them both pedos then. or ephibophiles, I always mix them up
well she is 28 by her planets standards (500 post -rebirth) and was deemed competent enough to wear the universe most powerful weapon and fly across the universe fight homicidal lunatics and such. thats gotta count for something.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
So what is the verdict on GL's voice actor?I like it but people keep saying it's the worst thing ever.

Lantern's Light

So what is the verdict on GL's voice actor?I like it but people keep saying it's the worst thing ever.
i would have preferred Nolan North who voiced him in Crisis on two earths. Adam Baldwin sounds a wee bit too old and just kinda bland. but he IS a Baldwin (who for god knows what reason, is considered a minor celeb) and he did voice Hal in JLU

Reedoms

Noob
Guy slept with Arisia as well and also groped Mary Marvel. if you can call Hal a pedo, then you can call Guy one as well.
Guy hung out with Arisia a lot in the 90's after Hal went insane but they never slept together to my knowledge. He was still lamenting over Ice at that point and realizing he was half alien. Also, the grope scene with Mary is a "dream sequence" where they are imagining what kind of shit Guy could be getting into. He does do something inappropriate as she throws him through a wall but I can't for the life of me remember.