What's new

Once a Green Lantern Always A Green Lantern -- Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

i remembered superman destroyed hal's ring in the comics, maybe he sought sinestro for a yellow ring and aided superman in the beginning, then he got worse

Reedoms

Noob
i remembered superman destroyed hal's ring in the comics, maybe he sought sinestro for a yellow ring and aided superman in the beginning, then he got worse
That was the communicator that Supes destroyed. The rings are nearly indestructible.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
Am I the only one who likes what they saw in the Battle Arena? He looked cool to me, but the general consensus is that he sucks.

OG FROST HAZE

When is someone going to upload GL's Movelist from PAX-East 2013 Injustice demo ? I would but move list thread is locked.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Like, do you have the full list from one of the demo stations or just a screencap of the quick reference screen from the stream?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So does anyone know what to make of GL? IMO, from what I've seen, I can't tell whether he's a zoner, footsies, or rush character, even though Arturo plays him as a zoner. I'm not sure that's how he is, though.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
So does anyone know what to make of GL? IMO, from what I've seen, I can't tell whether he's a zoner, footsies, or rush character, even though Arturo plays him as a zoner. I'm not sure that's how he is, though.
He seems like a really well rounded character, which I like. Very competent at zoning but seems to handle himself really well at footsie range as well. That's just my impression, though.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Of all the characters I played at PAX, Green Lantern was one of my favorites. He just feels incredibly solid all around; he has a good set of zoning tools, a good spacing game, and that low kick/slide works well for footsies.. He seems at home at multiple distances, and does good damage. Also, combo artists will have fun with him.

I think that people have definitely slept on him up to this point (perhaps due to misconceptions/rushed conclusions fron the Battle Arena?), and they will be fairly surprised come launch.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Honestly, I think he is going to be a Ryu type character or a Kitana type character. Not broken, but still really good.

Good zoning, good midscreen presence, sick anti air, good damage, and just a general footsie orientated character. I can't wait to main him.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Honestly, I think he is going to be a Ryu type character or a Kitana type character. Not broken, but still really good.

Good zoning, good midscreen presence, sick anti air, good damage, and just a general footsie orientated character. I can't wait to main him.
Don't forget his insane chip damage with his chaingun.