What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade (Old) Sonya Blade Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sindelia

Nether Witch
Any chance you could grab us a screen shot of military stance commands? really curious as to what she can do from there.

Also better recovery on leg grab sounds great. Also can you clarify what ya meant for the instant air dive? what do you mean you can do it as you get in?
I can even upload a video of her normals, some strings and of course her ms. Will try to do that later and post it here since I'm one of the few Sonya mains who already has the game. Well, her dk's startup is slower than mk9 and you can't just instant air dk when close to them. Its angle is different I found myself jumping in outside sweep distance or more and the dk would connect from there.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I can even upload a video of her normals, some strings and of course her ms. Will try to do that later and post it here since I'm one of the few Sonya mains who already has the game. Well, her dk's startup is slower than mk9 and you can't just instant air dk when close to them. Its angle is different I found myself jumping in outside sweep distance or more and the dk would connect from there.
What is like on block? Punishable I'm assuming? And is it kind of like you will have to guess whether to anti air her because she could blow you up with dive kick?

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
Yes please !! I'm not 100 on who I wanna main yet i was the best with sonya in mk9 so looking to see more from her.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I am really surprised how little love this thread is getting. After watching her Variation walkthrough, I liked all 3 variations in their own way. No one agrees with me, but my favorite is Demolition. I can already imagine combos being extended by the instant stun grenade, and then dropping more grenades when they are on the floor. The true power of the grenades comes from the fact that you can detonate them at any time during the animation. Its gonna take a while but Sonya is going to be scary again.

I like how they make her one of the more advanced characters. She had the most fleshed out stance in MK9. And now her aresenal is really big, for all variations.
Exactly, if I were to play Sonya, Demolition is the variation I would use most.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
MS having an unblockable option really opens it out. So now it's 33/33/33, although overhead/low looks fuzzy guardable. Looks like pokes linked into MS could still be good.

@Sindelia So she only has 3 options from MS right? What are the cartwheel and low on block?

Sindelia

Nether Witch
MS having an unblockable option really opens it out. So now it's 33/33/33, although overhead/low looks fuzzy guardable. Looks like pokes linked into MS could still be good.

@Sindelia So she only has 3 options from MS right? What are the cartwheel and low on block?
Ms 3 (rising kick, low) is -21 and Ms 4 (double kick, overhead) is -17.

RiverHB

Noob
@Sindelia In summary, she's got 4 options out of MS: cancel, un-blockable throw, OH Cartwheel, Low 2 hitter. Once again it looks to be a guessing game after block strings.

Are the OH Cartwheel and Low 2 hitter unsafe on block?

Does she have a string that ground resets her opponent a la 1,1,2 from MK9? In other words, can you do a giant combo, reset the opponent canceling into MS, and create a guessing game as a follow up?

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
EDIT: nvm lol

I wonder what happened to her beret look from that faction leader image

Status
Not open for further replies.