What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade (Old) Sonya Blade Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio

Kokomo
With the confirmation of official gameplay footage of Mortal Kombat's first lady, I do believe this is due!

Sonya Blade is a prominent senior leader of the Special Forces of Earthrealm. Sonya survived Shao Kahn's invasion of Earthrealm as well as the Netherealm wars, an impressive feat that not many warriors manage to do unscathed. She marries Johnny Cage and gives birth to their daughter, Cassandra Cage.

What's next for Sonya?

Discuss and speculate about Sonya Blade!​

Last edited:

Sindelia

Nether Witch
Yesss this is a forum I will be visiting every day along with D'vorah's. Sonya fans & mains unite! I liked her leg grab and her updated ring toss in that pic she looks stunning and I hope her hair's different in her alt. since I'm not liking it a lot like that. It's length is great though. After I'm ready with D'v I'll learn Sonya: my #1 MK favorite since '92.

So no one has mentioned that Ms. Blade now has a "batman-esque" style parry?

:D
Yeah she seems to be big on using the garrote this time around, which I don't think has ever been a part of her arsenal. She uses it as a counter and also in her X-ray attack.

Also, trailer confirms Stryker alt costume :) Looks good.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Man, I got very happy when I saw the trailer. This woman is my favorite female character and one of my favorite MK characters in general. Jade, Kitana and Sonya are the only females that I care about in MK. But the only thing I didn't like was that deep voice and her drastic breast reduction. :(

NRS said that they were going for a more realistic approach to their women, and Sonya epitomizes that. The days of her breast overly large and her thong straps hanging out are over. Don't get me wrong, it was sexy to look at, but not very believable. I like this Sonya. She's strong and looks battle ready. And she's still beautiful, but this time it looks like she's ready to whoop ass, not show ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.