What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade (Old) Sonya Blade Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptar

Noob
Parry info for anyone curious, as I wasn't sure exactly how the mechanics worked myself.

-parries - highs, mids, standing overheads, throws, command throws (such as Kano's, didnt test everyone)
-does not parry - lows, jumping overheads

5f startup, EX 3f startup.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Parry info for anyone curious, as I wasn't sure exactly how the mechanics worked myself.

-parries - highs, mids, standing overheads, throws, command throws (such as Kano's, didnt test everyone)

Parries throws :O...Going to have to get used to that :D

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"

Does MB parry gain armour or not

Laziman5898

Depends... very first setup I tried was a hard knockdown into meaty nj punch, wakeup MB leg grab went UNDER the opp then she got bounced into the air, allowing a juggle opportunity.
Okay so MB leg grab could be situational , could you test which other moves gain armour when MB please , and does that setup work it the opponent doesn't wake up , in other words is the nj setup viable

reptar

Noob
Okay so MB leg grab could be situational , could you test which other moves gain armour when MB please , and does that setup work it the opponent doesn't wake up , in other words is the nj setup viable
Looks like it's just leg grab and arc kick, and in general I'm thinking arc kick will be better overall since it has less of a chance to whiff, as of now leaves you slightly less disadv. on frames (though both are bad) but it pushes the opp back more on block, whereas with leg grab if they block it you are right in their face.

No the nj setup isn't viable, lots of ways around it - was just playing around but it doesn't look like that one's going to work well. But with a hard knockdown (Sonya's f2,b1 and b1,3,2) along with sweeps and throws, you can't delay your getup or roll.

Laziman5898

Looks like it's just leg grab and arc kick, and in general I'm thinking arc kick will be better overall since it has less of a chance to whiff, as of now leaves you slightly less disadv. on frames (though both are bad) but it pushes the opp back more on block, whereas with leg grab if they block it you are right in their face.

No the nj setup isn't viable, lots of ways around it - was just playing around but it doesn't look like that one's going to work well. But with a hard knockdown (Sonya's f2,b1 and b1,3,2) along with sweeps and throws, you can't delay your getup or roll.
Okay so original sonya is gone with regards to wake ups oh well , so with hard knockdown , have you found any setups or are you still testing , and what about wake ups with regards to the other variations because if wake ups in certain match ups are essential then we all might be buggered

Also does sonya have any raw strings which return you standing like 1,1,2 in mk9 because if they do it's game on

reptar

Noob
Okay so original sonya is gone with regards to wake ups oh well , so with hard knockdown , have you found any setups or are you still testing , and what about wake ups with regards to the other variations because if wake ups in certain match ups are essential then we all might be buggered

Also does sonya have any raw strings which return you standing like 1,1,2 in mk9 because if they do it's game on
I'm focusing on demo at the moment, but I did run through all the variations and I couldn't find any other MB armoured wakeup attacks than the universal leg grab and arc kick. I couldn't find any strings that will restand the opponent unfortunately. I just realized she has no string variation between variations other than the additional grenade after 1,1,2 for demo.

No good setups yet, still messing around. I'm used to a simple game like SF2 so with all these options it's a little overwhelming :) I'm sure everyone will be able to come up with some good stuff. So far I think soft knockdown into grenade toss could have some really interesting pressure options.

Her divekick seems pretty interesting, since it reaches very far and you can do it any point in the arc. Example is you can jump forward but way out of the opponent's range from a standard jump in, but dive kick would still reach. Or you can bait something and jump back to force them to whiff, and use divekick to punish their whiffed attack into a full combo.

Laziman5898

I'm focusing on demo at the moment, but I did run through all the variations and I couldn't find any other MB armoured wakeup attacks than the universal leg grab and arc kick. I couldn't find any strings that will restand the opponent unfortunately. I just realized she has no string variation between variations other than the additional grenade after 1,1,2 for demo.

No good setups yet, still messing around. I'm used to a simple game like SF2 so with all these options it's a little overwhelming :) I'm sure everyone will be able to come up with some good stuff. So far I think soft knockdown into grenade toss could have some really interesting pressure options.

Her divekick seems pretty interesting, since it reaches very far and you can do it any point in the arc. Example is you can jump forward but way out of the opponent's range from a standard jump in, but dive kick would still reach. Or you can bait something and jump back to force them to whiff, and use divekick to punish their whiffed attack into a full combo.
I heard / read earlier on in the thread that divekick has new properties so I'm pretty interested to see what it can do when I get the game I will be sharing all the tech I can find with her

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
To those of you who got the game: Does Sonya have any MS mixup in this game that is just as good as it was in MK9? What about d4 MS?

reptar

Noob
To those of you who got the game: Does Sonya have any MS mixup in this game that is just as good as it was in MK9? What about d4 MS?
I can't compare vs MK9 since I didn't play that game too much. There's no d4 in military stance if thats what you're asking, just 1,2,3,4 is grab, cancel stance, low, overhead respectively and all are fairly unsafe. The overhead leads to a combo and it looks like the low will be able to with a run.

lslick

I can't compare vs MK9 since I didn't play that game too much. There's no d4 in military stance if thats what you're asking, just 1,2,3,4 is grab, cancel stance, low, overhead respectively and all are fairly unsafe. The overhead leads to a combo and it looks like the low will be able to with a run.
I believe he was referring to d4 cancelling into military stance since I believe that was one her fastest normals that also special cancelled which allowed her to run whatever mixup she wanted....Then again, I didn't play MK9 like that

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
She can cancel D4 into MS, but all of her options out of MS are unsafe. The low comes out very fast however (7f) and juggles in the corner.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
:( does this mean that sonyas not very good or still probably to early to tell?
It's way too early to tell for any character. Most people don't even have the game yet and I don't even think any sonya players have played a human opponent offline yet. Hell her other two variations have barely been mentioned! We still have months before we really know anything. My suggestion would be to worry about how good you are first- don't even bother with how good characters are and instead work on getting better yourself. Then in a few months we can all talk about sonya not being good.

lslick

Demo Sonya is looking pretty scary in the corner....Need to find more safer ways to reloading her grenades though cause it feels like it takes forever to get it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.