What's new

General/Other - Shinnok (Old) Shinnok Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haketh

Noob
@Juggs I don't know if you changed it or if someone else did but PLEASE change the title of the thread back or to a better quote like "Challenge accepted" or something. Plsssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Fam, it's a reference to one of the best metal songs & it fits Shinnok like a glove

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
So Guamo, I assume you'll be maining Shinnok with the rest of us? ;)

As I watched my mother die, I lost my head.
Revenge now I sought, to break with my bread.
Taking no chances, you come with me.
I'll split you to the bone, help set you free.

METALL!!

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
"Challenge accepted" is cocky though, have you guys not seen his intro dialogue with Kotal? "Am I evil yes I am" sounds like a pantomime song...

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Has anyone who's got the game already say give any details on Shinnok?????????
Taken from another thread courtesy of @Qwark28
S1 8F -1
D1 5F -8
D2 6F
D3 8F -7
D4 10F -3

-Shinnok has only 4 blockstrings.
-Very good footsie tools in F2 and F3, solid cancelable low in B3.
-He has a charging, armour breaking, shoulder, hell sparks aka shang tsung skulls, amulet strike as universal special.
-The shoulder is an 11f mid at -13, ex version adds a hell spark at 3/4 screen which the opponents gets thrown on.
-Hell sparks cannot be cancelled and are always done in the same order, you can MB at any point for the hit to launch, effectively ending the sequence with the frame data listing you at +22. MB can also add a fourth spark if you wait long enough. 12f startup.
-Amulet strike is 15f and -9, staggers the opponent on hit, launches for a combo if MBed and leaves you +15 on block which is amazing given his range with F2.
-Bone shaper adds 3 more strings.

SCEPTER SLAM - 14STR 28 BLK 5 HIT ADV
EX 45 HIT ADV

SCEPTER STRIKE - 39 STR +11 BLK13 HIT ADV
EX 24 HIT ADV

DARK BEAM 15F STR -23 BLK -12 HIT ADV
EX -14 BLK 21 HIT ADV

Taken from another thread courtesy of @Qwark28
S1 8F -1
D1 5F -8
D2 6F
D3 8F -7
D4 10F -3

-Shinnok has only 4 blockstrings.
-Very good footsie tools in F2 and F3, solid cancelable low in B3.
-He has a charging, armour breaking, shoulder, hell sparks aka shang tsung skulls, amulet strike as universal special.
-The shoulder is an 11f mid at -13, ex version adds a hell spark at 3/4 screen which the opponents gets thrown on.
-Hell sparks cannot be cancelled and are always done in the same order, you can MB at any point for the hit to launch, effectively ending the sequence with the frame data listing you at +22. MB can also add a fourth spark if you wait long enough. 12f startup.
-Amulet strike is 15f and -9, staggers the opponent on hit, launches for a combo if MBed and leaves you +15 on block which is amazing given his range with F2.
-Bone shaper adds 3 more strings.

SCEPTER SLAM - 14STR 28 BLK 5 HIT ADV
EX 45 HIT ADV

SCEPTER STRIKE - 39 STR +11 BLK13 HIT ADV
EX 24 HIT ADV

DARK BEAM 15F STR -23 BLK -12 HIT ADV
EX -14 BLK 21 HIT ADV
Wait, so standing one is 8frames start up and -1 on block? D1 is -8 on block?
His shoulder breaks armor??? Really!??? Does it have a quality to break armor or is it just because of a multihit?!? What is Ex Shoulder on block????

For those who got the game ( and a bad news for those who havent yet ) :
Dont u guys think - necromancer - shinnoks skeleton hand moves should track at the end of combos?

It was very bug-like to see them come out just in front of shinnok even with a simple f224

He can only do 1 bar combos mid screen

I m afraid its gonno be another mk9's subzero :(

Dont u guys think - necromancer - shinnoks skeleton hand moves should track at the end of combos?

It was very bug-like to see them come out just in front of shinnok even with a simple f224

WTF? Really??????

You're playing an unfinished product...

Status
Not open for further replies.