What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang (Old) Liu Kang Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

So Liu fans, Scar just said that Liu is +18(for now anyway) after you hit a BK. Which restands I might add. You can also cancel into a BK after a MB FK on block and ex the BK to become an overhead.

See you guys at nerf the trials lol.
lol i just said this yesterday lol....I knew he was going to be crazy and get nerfed smh

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think it'll be far more balanced than MK9 and Injustice on release.

That said, I don't there has ever been a triple A fighting game released that was perfectly balanced on original release.

Tekken Tag 2 might be the only exception, but I don't really want to count it due to Tekken generally being a series that builds off of itself, and doesn't make any serious engine or system switches unlike MK or SF and the like.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Is there a word for vomiting out of disgust and joy at the same time? If so then that's what i'm feeling right now.

And this is just some basic shit:

And he can do two bicycle kicks in one combo, that's retarded in the best way possible. Sure it's not super OP or anything, it's so dumb, how can you not want to do it?

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Like i've always said since Mk1, Liu is one of the most fun characters to play as, it's pure entertainment

AssassiN

Noob
Excuse me.

I disagree, but you can choose between fullscreen whip attacks or ridiculous ass combos, but the choice should be clear.

Lee Kwang will live on in us regardless.
It's looking like Takeda has some ridiculous combo's and space control as well.
All will be decided when I have the game.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah, those pulse blades do looks sick.

I just don't like either of Takeda's costumes or his voice, or his personality.

I can see why people would though.

Rafiki

Noob
Is there any way Liu Kang can end a combo with bicycle kicks so he leaves them in a standing staggered state and start a vortex?

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Is there any way Liu Kang can end a combo with bicycle kicks so he leaves them in a standing staggered state and start a vortex?
I'll try that asap. That's what I was thinking too as soon as I watch the NRS stream. It probably would have to be a string canceled into bike kicks for a 20-24%damage combo , THEN start a vortex.

Is there a word for vomiting out of disgust and joy at the same time? If so then that's what i'm feeling right now.

And this is just some basic shit:

And he can do two bicycle kicks in one combo, that's retarded in the best way possible. Sure it's not super OP or anything, it's so dumb, how can you not want to do it?

good to see that a juggle bk doesnt restand