What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang (Old) Liu Kang Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
been using liu kang for a bit. i would say he is a VERY Solid character!
my variation of choice has been dragons fire. its his best variation for midscreen and corner combos and his ability to ex bycicle kicks off his flying kicks
adds a lot to his mix up game!
midscreen ive maxed 36% 1 bar and corner 40%
his normals are so good in this game!

Rafiki

Noob
been using liu kang for a bit. i would say he is a VERY Solid character!
my variation of choice has been dragons fire. its his best variation for midscreen and corner combos and his ability to ex bycicle kicks off his flying kicks
adds a lot to his mix up game!
midscreen ive maxed 36% 1 bar and corner 40%
his normals are so good in this game!
Sounds great! Is there any way Liu Kang can end a combo with bicycle kicks so he leaves them in a standing staggered state and can start a vortex?

Cat

Sounds great! Is there any way Liu Kang can end a combo with bicycle kicks so he leaves them in a standing staggered state and can start a vortex?
yes he can do it off his low starter its good for that purpose and does 18%. outside of that i doubt you can get more damage and end with flying kicks leaving them grounded

Rafiki

Noob
yes he can do it off his low starter its good for that purpose and does 18%. outside of that i doubt you can get more damage and end with flying kicks leaving them grounded
Hopefully I can find something when the game officially drops. Thank you for the reply!

Cat

Great to hear @Cat. What do you think of his Flame Fist variation? Does the buff actually makes a difference in damage or is it kindda bad?
havent really messed with that variation. i dont like the replacement of bicycle kicks.
in dragons fire. when you do his flying kick and mb it for bicycle kicks, they become mid so they cant be croutched
and they leave you at +15! on block!! yes on block!!
so you can mix up opponents with doing 113 , since his last hit is overhead , they will stand up so you can do flying kick and mb it right away
for the advantage after. or you can do 2 into flying kick because they will fear the 22 (2nd hit being overhead) so will stand up for the flying kick to connect

havent really messed with that variation. i dont like the replacement of bicycle kicks.
in dragons fire. when you do his flying kick and mb it for bicycle kicks, they become mid so they cant be croutched
and they leave you at +15! on block!! yes on block!!
so you can mix up opponents with doing 113 , since his last hit is overhead , they will stand up so you can do flying kick and mb it right away
for the advantage after. or you can do 2 into flying kick because they will fear the 22 (2nd hit being overhead) so will stand up for the flying kick to connect
Sounds awesome! thanks for the info :) If by any chance you happen to play some Flame Fist I would be happy to hear what you think about it.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
yes. if you hit the block button while you do flying kick it goes into bicycle kicks which are mid and +15 on block
Ya this alone sets his Dragon's fire clasd above and beyond. Plus the damage buff from flame fist is meh at best... the only thing that remains to be seen is the TRUE frames of his parry and windmill fist...

Cat

Wow. You see this shit @The_stig??? I'm going to sleep.

/Done
its really good but nothing to be afraid off. liu kang does not have any overhead starters that he can get combos off of. the only one he has knocksdown.
his other one comes out in a 3 hit string as the last hit but first two hits are high.

Cat

lol another thing ppl might not know. when you meter burn his bicycle kicks he does a forward flip which is a overhead. good to catch ppl by doing late or right away from blocked bicycle kicks. if you do it off a raw bycicle kick the overhead extension is only -1 on block. if you are crazy and did flying kicks into ex bycicle kicks and ex again! to do the overhead flip kick. its +1