What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang (Old) Liu Kang Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO

Yes the champ is back!

Let's discuss all thing Liu Kang here.
Variations:

DUALIST (grey headband) - Can switch between Light and Dark forms to heal or harm
Bicycle Kick
Flying Dragon Kick
Dragon's Roar
Light Metamorphis
Dark Metamorphis
FLAME FIST (red gauntlets) - Gains Dragon Parry, Windmill Punch, and Shaolin Flame
Fireball
Flying Dragon Kick
Dragon's Roar
Windmill Punch
Shaolin Flame
Dragon Parry
DRAGON'S FIRE (has a face tattoo) - Gains Empowered Dragon Fireballs and Flying Kick
Bicycle Kick
Dragon's Roar
Dragon Fire
Double Dragon Kick

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I wonder if they will give him a variation where he focuses on fire attributes. Like a flame carpet he shoots out of his hands or a fireball that travels across the screen and you get to control its speed like Zatanna in Injustice.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Seeing how its Liu Kang, he's gonna play a major role. Makes me also wonder based on the MK9 ending whether he survived that, or if he died and was revived by either Raiden or Quan Chi.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Okay so I'm gonna predict his variations. They're based on what I've seen/heard elsewhere from randoms but they sound pretty cool.

Fire God - Augmented fire abilities. Fire based attacks deal additional damage. Gains a fire teleport (like Freddy's) and additional fire-based range attacks. Think of him as the new Freddy, basically...Just with fiery attacks.

Champion - Closest resemblance to Rushdown Liu Kang from MK9. His Bicycle Kick gets special properties and can meter-burn for followups.

Dark Kang - The dark magic of Quan Chi taints Liu Kang's wrath. His specials drain meter, and he gets a new grab that can drain health as well. Meter-burn drains both health and meter.

As far as age- He's gonna be a revenant most likely at first. Raised by Quan Chi, hideous looking because of his roasted ass face. Maybe he will be 'revived' and saved in some fashion though over the course of the events of the story and become youthful again. Either way, I know he is going to have several alternate looks to get those bases covered.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I hope him dying(if he did die) doesnt prevent him from his anti aging award for winning the mortal kombat tournament. Since the champion doesn't age so he can defend his crown 50 years later in the next tournament.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He will supposedly have a "Zombie Liu Kang" alternate costume in game according to one of the leaks.

If so, he is a definite fucking main.

Even though he's cliche and basic and whatnot, I will never turn down a Bruce Lee-esque character. Going off of how they've done Kung Lao, they finally nailed how to make a disciplined martial artist look like a disciplined martial artist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zev
When was he officially announced? If not, why make this thread? Are we doing character threads based off wishes now? Should I go make "Havik General Discussion" and "Reiko General Discussion" thread as well? How about a few more characters I'd like to see in the game but aren't officially confirmed?