What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs (Old) Jacqui Briggs Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
On a different note. It appears she won't have any major combos in Shotgun or High-Tech without the corner. Her Bionic Arm (I think thats what it is, the one with the uppercut) will probably work as a corner launcher, but I cant think of anything else that would extend combos outside of Full-Auto. Then again, there is still some strings unseen.

Awe just like her father, can't combo very well midscreen :)
I don't think they know how to do her combos. I already have some ideas I'm going to start on tomorrow night and over the weekend.

I don't know how much damage, but she'll have meterless combos in all variations and EX in Full Auto at worst. You can see one of her dash punches leaves enough room to run under and continue a combo. I think she may even have double run combos from what I saw. We'll figure them out.

Malec

Noob
dont know why you are all so underwhelmed with her shotgun variation, I think it looks amazing. They hit the low shotgun stun ran up and did a follow up 3hit string and it was a 4hit combo, so low shotgun stun run combos sounds amazing to me.
Jacqui is right on my top3 list besides Erron Black and Shinnok, I think she looks realy strong and fun to play.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I agree that while Jacqui's shotgun doesn't look to be the strongest out the gate, I'm sure it's have it's uses. She looks fun to play. Between her and Tanya in MKX, I'll have something to replace umvc3 with.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
How the hell are you guys downplaying Shotgun so much?! She gets a free combo from like half screen with that Shotgun Stun! And it's probably safe if blocked from that range! I reckon it's going to be like Jacqui herself, underrated as hell until people get their hands on it then they realise it's actually really good :p

I think Full Auto obviously looks good because it has zoning tools and that appeals to the scrub in all of us #Kappa

High Tech is definitely going to be her anti-zoning/rushdown variation. You're going to have to find the opportunities/space to buff up then make your way in or bait the opponent and whiff punish for big damage.

Solid character all in all I hope. I like how fast she's supposed to be too, could come in handy. If they stream the tournament I'm in and I play Jacqui you'll get to see how she should be played anyway so you filthy casuals won't have to put in any effort :DOGE

How the hell are you guys downplaying Shotgun so much?! She gets a free combo from like half screen with that Shotgun Stun! And it's probably safe if blocked from that range! I reckon it's going to be like Jacqui herself, underrated as hell until people get their hands on it then they realise it's actually really good :p

I think Full Auto obviously looks good because it has zoning tools and that appeals to the scrub in all of us #Kappa

High Tech is definitely going to be her anti-zoning/rushdown variation. You're going to have to find the opportunities/space to buff up then make your way in or bait the opponent and whiff punish for big damage.

Solid character all in all I hope. I like how fast she's supposed to be too, could come in handy. If they stream the tournament I'm in and I play Jacqui you'll get to see how she should be played anyway so you filthy casuals won't have to put in any effort :DOGE
I agree, but we don't know for sure if she don't suck. i can't want to get my hands on Jacqui, lets see what see can do.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Does Jacqui get a chip damage boost from her Gauntlet Spark move (High Tech Variation), if so how much?

What does EX air ground pound do? more range? armor? is it actually +1 like the game frame data says (both regular and EX)?

is the rocket in the EX machinegun move an overhead like Derek said or was he trying to say Mid? Are the bullets high or mid? how much damage/chip?

Gif/vid of what the f3/f4 thing looks like :[ ? cancels after it so it's like Dudley's ducking? she dashes after?

Fuuuuck give me the game >__<

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
OOOMMMGGG!!!!! The F3 and F4 was nothing like we thought.

The mixup doesn't come from landing a F3 or F4 into hit advantage, it's that she cancels after it as a fake out into the 50/50. :eek::eek::eek:
I don't even know what this means

But I think I like it.....I don't KNOW YET GIVE ME THE GAME DAMN IT

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
Her variations looked disappointing on paper until I saw the Shotgun and Full Auto ones, my goodness, she packs a punch.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Does Jacqui get a chip damage boost from her Gauntlet Spark move (High Tech Variation), if so how much?
To get an idea, jab is .50% chip, Spark 1 is .50%+.24%, and Spark 2 is .50%+.48% chip.

What does EX air ground pound do? more range? armor? is it actually +1 like the game frame data says (both regular and EX)?
It's +1 and has more damage in EX. No armor or range that I saw. Doesn't seem useful to EX. Though the move can be done VERY low to the ground. Seems good for making them think you're jumping over then near instant smash.

is the rocket in the EX machinegun move an overhead like Derek said or was he trying to say Mid? Are the bullets high or mid? how much damage/chip?
Neither. It's a high in both regular and EX. The bullets are high but in EX there's a rocket that's overhead at the end. The bullets are 5% chip and the damage looks around 9%.

ALSO. EX rocket is a low as is regular. When you hold it as long as you want, when you let it go it is still a low.

Gif/vid of what the f3/f4 thing looks like :[ ? cancels after it so it's like Dudley's ducking? she dashes after?
I'm not tech savvy but I can explain. Like a F4 she steps in close like a kickboxing front kick and does a mid. Now during the animation she can close some space and cancel the mid before the kick comes out to do a low shin kick or an overhead, both leading to combos. Great fake out because people will block but then you feint into the 50/50. If they don't block you can just kick them into a knockdown.

Fuuuuck give me the game >__<
I felt your pain, but now it is a distance memory. :DOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.