What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs (Old) Jacqui Briggs Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Ok I just finished it....Is it possible to pin the link to the jacqui forum?

*Nvm, I just made a thread for it

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Haha jr pretty much just started playing Jacqui yesterday, I was texting tech stuff with him but she's not going to be an easy character to pick up and play. I have confidence he'll do well if he sticks with her though.

I'm going to work on some shotgun tech today too, see if I can find anything else before the official release. I'm really happy that all her variations seem very solid so far so that she can have a lot of depth competitively. From what I've heard from others that's not the case with a lot of the cast (there's a LOT that needs to be explored though, of course). She's going to be a fun character.

Haha jr pretty much just started playing Jacqui yesterday, I was texting tech stuff with him but she's not going to be an easy character to pick up and play. I have confidence he'll do well if he sticks with her though.

I'm going to work on some shotgun tech today too, see if I can find anything else before the official release. I'm really happy that all her variations seem very solid so far so that she can have a lot of depth competitively. From what I've heard from others that's not the case with a lot of the cast (there's a LOT that needs to be explored though, of course). She's going to be a fun character.
Do you think she will be better then Jax? Jax looked Pretty good in Tyants hands. I don't know if i will main Jax or Jacqui. Does she have any great meter less combs in shotgun.

lslick

Do you think she will be better then Jax? Jax looked Pretty good in Tyants hands. I don't know if i will main Jax or Jacqui. Does she have any great meter less combs in shotgun.
From what was shared so far, Jacqui gets a reset with shotgun stun in combos. So I would assume in that variation, that's where you can net potential dmg and stuff

IKizzLE

BloodHound

So far, my biggest thing is midscreen damage with high tech. Both shotgun and full auto hit 35-40% mid and corner off 12 or 121. There needs to be a safe and reliable way to setup gauntlet charge AND start block pressure without getting hit because 25% bnb midscreen is gonna be tough to work with when two other styles are producing much more. Really can't wait for tonight. Story mode then lab.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
So far, my biggest thing is midscreen damage with high tech. Both shotgun and full auto hit 35-40% mid and corner off 12 or 121. There needs to be a safe and reliable way to setup gauntlet charge AND start block pressure without getting hit because 25% bnb midscreen is gonna be tough to work with when two other styles are producing much more. Really can't wait for tonight. Story mode then lab.
Full Auto produces slightly better damage overall, but requires meter - Shotgun and Hi Tech don't use meter at all and Hi Tech opens up once the F2 combos are ready. The unblockable ground pounds might start to tip things in its favor.

I've started updating the combo thread properly now - along with any of the little tricks I can find. Let me know if you start coming across anything cool.

Anyone know what's her best wakeup options in all 3 variations
Shotgun? Meter less, EX?
Full Auto? Meter less, EX?
High Tech?Meter less, EX?

lslick

Anyone know what's her best wakeup options in all 3 variations
Shotgun? Meter less, EX?
Full Auto? Meter less, EX?
High Tech?Meter less, EX?
Well all the ex dash moves like bf1, bf2, bf4 all have armor...But they are all punishable on block....BF1 ex is the fastest but its a high...BF4 is the 2nd fastest and its a mid though

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So does my execution just suck today or can you not hit jacqui's midscreen bnb's on small characters?

I tried 121~bf2 run 12~bf4 and I can't get it on Dvorah but I'm getting it on Sub every time. Same with f1 starter. 33 starter works fine though

So does my execution just suck today or can you not hit jacqui's midscreen bnb's on small characters?

I tried 121~bf2 run 12~bf4 and I can't get it on Dvorah but I'm getting it on Sub every time. Same with f1 starter. 33 starter works fine though
Damn bro your saying her bnb down work on small characters and low missile in the corner don't work on small charaters? Nrs patch her to play correct.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I was messing about with Shotgun and as much as I like the Low Shotgun Blast I'm not liking the lack of great launchers...

lslick

You are definitely not bugging...I can't do that combo on Dvorah either :O....might have to do the easier 1212~bf4 if you aren't in shotgun stance =[

Status
Not open for further replies.