What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs (Old) Jacqui Briggs Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
snip aka excellent fap material

Damn, so f3/f4 have a feint and strings to an overhead or low? like Ken's f.HK? Steve's df12~1? Sounds dope if that's the case :D

So Spark 2 can be useful for chip if she has good pressure or a chip heavy move.

Machinegun sounds odd tbh, everything else in her movelist seems to be for a similar purpose then this shit is here too like wtf.. better than not having a fullscreen option I guess..
Can you choose when to EX the machinegun like Shinnok's fireworks thingy or is it always after a certain amount of bullets?

Do you get more meter (than what you'd get from doing the special) when you absorb a projectile with tech shield? What does the EX version do?

Framedata on bf4? Does she still do the full move if blocked or she stops after the first punch?

How unsafe are the bf1 and bf2 on whiff? if you're ducking does bf1 just go over you and keep goin the default distance or does she stay close? Can you EX them on block, like injustice style?

Sorry for all the questions lol, I'm unhealthily hype for this game ~__~;

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
To get an idea, jab is .50% chip, Spark 1 is .50%+.24%, and Spark 2 is .50%+.48% chip.

It's +1 and has more damage in EX. No armor or range that I saw. Doesn't seem useful to EX. Though the move can be done VERY low to the ground. Seems good for making them think you're jumping over then near instant smash.

Neither. It's a high in both regular and EX. The bullets are high but in EX there's a rocket that's overhead at the end. The bullets are 5% chip and the damage looks around 9%.

ALSO. EX rocket is a low as is regular. When you hold it as long as you want, when you let it go it is still a low.

I'm not tech savvy but I can explain. Like a F4 she steps in close like a kickboxing front kick and does a mid. Now during the animation she can close some space and cancel the mid before the kick comes out to do a low shin kick or an overhead, both leading to combos. Great fake out because people will block but then you feint into the 50/50. If they don't block you can just kick them into a knockdown.

I felt your pain, but now it is a distance memory. :DOGE
I need this game NAO

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I need a visual of this.
In my head, I'm thinking Bruce from Tekken's df4~cancel into either his over head elbow or low shin kick.
Yes very similar. Only that it's an advancing front kick first, and then you have the option of letting it finish the kick, or cancelling into the low or overhead. And even if the block a straight F4 kick it leaves you at 0.

So Spark 2 can be useful for chip if she has good pressure or a chip heavy move.
Tested with a few more moves. It's basically Chip, Spark 1 is chip and a half, Spark 2 is double chip.

Machinegun sounds odd tbh, everything else in her movelist seems to be for a similar purpose then this shit is here too like wtf.. better than not having a fullscreen option I guess..
Can you choose when to EX the machinegun like Shinnok's fireworks thingy or is it always after a certain amount of bullets?
Yea I have to mess around with it more. Not what I expected. At close range in the corner they can simply still duck the rockets, even EX. The Machine Gun always EX at the end. Think Deathstroke's machine gun and EX. Exactly the same.

Do you get more meter (than what you'd get from doing the special) when you absorb a projectile with tech shield? What does the EX version do?
You get about 1/8th of a meter doing the absorb. The EX version reflects it back.

Framedata on bf4? Does she still do the full move if blocked or she stops after the first punch?
Startup 20, Blk Adv -29. If they block there's no push back, and only a single punch. Her arm sits out waiting to be punished.

How unsafe are the bf1 and bf2 on whiff? if you're ducking does bf1 just go over you and keep goin the default distance or does she stay close? Can you EX them on block, like injustice style?
BF2 looks really unsafe on whiff, BF1 is unsafe too but not as bad. BF1 on any block goes a certain distance, so if you do it right in front you end up mid range, but if you're at mid range you're directly behind them. If you're at Max range you hit in the front. MK style EX only move.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Thanks @SaltShaker

So what is the difference between f4 and f3?
And does her standing 1 6f jab lead to a string that can lead to a pop up or combo?
Since its her fastest jab, itll end up being her best block punisher.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thanks @SaltShaker

So what is the difference between f4 and f3?
F3 is amazing. It's a close range mid roundhouse kick that knocks down, but the real goods is the mix up. It's a quick 2 step into it, so it looks like a reallyyyyy quick strike and you cancel into the overhead or low. I don't see how anyone can possibly react to this unless they hit you with a fast move right when you did it. Unseeable 50/50 fake out.

F4 is good too. It's slower but more for "outside of close range". It's a lunging kick you see in the breakdown. But mid animation you can cancel it to the low or overhead. The F3 has to be cancelled fast but the F4 gives you time to let them think you're gonna mid kick. 0 on block.

Both overhead and low options are safe as well as the mid kicks.

And does her standing 1 6f jab lead to a string that can lead to a pop up or combo?
Since its her fastest jab, itll end up being her best block punisher.
Yep it does. And it's a long reach 1 too.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Great. Thanks. I think I know the initial gameplan.
Standing 1 will be my quick combo starter and main block punisher since its 6 frames.
F3, F4 and d3 will be the main footsie tools because the f3 and f4 lead to 50/50s
Now just need to find her good and safe specials in each variation.

Another question @SaltShaker
Can you combo off the low or overhead after f3/f4?
That should be my last question. Thanks again!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Standing 1 will be my quick combo starter and main block punisher since its 6 frames.
F3, F4 and d3 will be the main footsie tools because the f3 and f4 lead to 50/50s
:cool:

Another question @SaltShaker
Can you combo off the low or overhead after f3/f4?
That should be my last question. Thanks again!
Oh yes, both options come out fast due to the cancel and lead to 50/50 full combos. It's dangerous.

Malec

Noob
2 Questions about her ground pound:
1. how dose it hit? (without the high tech power up unblockable I mean) low mid?
2. if you cancel the ground pound with that fake out, can u still do air normals after the cancel? like ground pound cancel into njp?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
2 Questions about her ground pound:
1. how dose it hit? (without the high tech power up unblockable I mean) low mid?
2. if you cancel the ground pound with that fake out, can u still do air normals after the cancel? like ground pound cancel into njp?
1) Hits low. Slight pushback and +1 on block.

2) Nope.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I didn't see this mentioned in this thread and I'm not sure if it was mentioned on stream. But if you have lv1-2 spark and you have your opponent in the corner already, then you can score a knockdown and jump towards them and just do air ground slam to do a fake crossup. The game would show Jacqui behind the dummy but you will land in front of them. And since you lv1-2 spark, the move becomes unblockable as well.

*Also note, I was able to have the dummy turn around but still land in front of them sometimes.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Now that I know where Jacqui's alt is in the Krypt (if it's not already unlocked on the console I'm playing on in the tournament) I'm going in there and unlocking it myself because it's too damn hype to not be wearing.

lslick

Now that I know where Jacqui's alt is in the Krypt (if it's not already unlocked on the console I'm playing on in the tournament) I'm going in there and unlocking it myself because it's too damn hype to not be wearing.
I wished I knew where in the Krypt though =[

Your obsession with her breasts is quite off-putting and kinda annoying honestly.
his obsession with her period is off-putting and annoying.
no joke!!! like relax.
Jacqui is my favorite new character. Yes I'm obsessed with her, if my obsession with Jacqui on a Jacqui thread is off-putting and kinda annoying leave the Jacqui thread. You don't have to be here.

Last edited:

lslick

dose Jacqui has an ex version of one of her shotgun moves? and if so, what are they like?
She has ex version of her horizontal shotgun shot....I don't recall the frame data for it at the moment...I know that horizontal non ex is 0 on block...I think low shotgun shot non ex is -4 on block...I'll double check for you

lslick

Would you guys want a chart of Jacqui's frame data? Im not sure if someone wanted to do it already

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Would you guys want a chart of Jacqui's frame data? Im not sure if someone wanted to do it already
I'm making a strategy thread (need the game to finish it coz it don't wanna make it with unfinished data) so if you can post or PM me for frame data stuff that'll be great :D

lslick

I'm making a strategy thread (need the game to finish it coz it don't wanna make it with unfinished data) so if you can post or PM me for frame data stuff that'll be great :D
I'll have it post by the morning for sure since its midnight here on the east coast

lslick

In case anyone wanted to know, to unlock Jacqui's 2nd costume you need to go to the Garden of Despair at "-8,8" coordinates to buy the large tomb. It should cost 1900. It's the one where the skeleton is holding a book. I know someone who is looking forward to it the most but I won't say his name since ppl had to shut him down :p :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.