What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs (Old) Jacqui Briggs Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I know where Jacqui's alt is in the Krypt (if it's not already unlocked on the console I'm playing on in the tournament) I'm going in there and unlocking it myself because it's too damn hype to not be wearing.
It's near the entrance, right?

I know you get her second Fatality at the Shaolin tomb.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Would you guys want a chart of Jacqui's frame data? Im not sure if someone wanted to do it already
Yes please! In an excel/google doc sheet ideally...saves so much time in the lab...

There are two or three people around here that are really being weird about this.
One of her mid match quotes is "Quit looking at my butt!" ...yeah, they be 'mirin

I will update the combo thread tonight...I think I've finished exploring her shotgun to the max now, so unless someone find some serious tech or the day one patch changes something big, I don't see her being optimized much further.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
How the hell are you guys downplaying Shotgun so much?! She gets a free combo from like half screen with that Shotgun Stun! And it's probably safe if blocked from that range! I reckon it's going to be like Jacqui herself, underrated as hell until people get their hands on it then they realise it's actually really good :p

I think Full Auto obviously looks good because it has zoning tools and that appeals to the scrub in all of us #Kappa

High Tech is definitely going to be her anti-zoning/rushdown variation. You're going to have to find the opportunities/space to buff up then make your way in or bait the opponent and whiff punish for big damage.

Solid character all in all I hope. I like how fast she's supposed to be too, could come in handy. If they stream the tournament I'm in and I play Jacqui you'll get to see how she should be played anyway so you filthy casuals won't have to put in any effort :DOGE
So (from your first impressions anyway) did I call this or nah?!
And they say the Fatal 8 were good at figuring out their characters, I figured out Jacqui before I've even got the game! :REO

JustinXavier21

:D Shotgun is safe at close range let alone max! I end most strings in it; if you jail them standing, High shotgun leaves you at neutral frames (with Jacqui's moveset, that's perfect) and if you go low (-5 but generally safe), you can program the guy to sit there - at which point you can mix in more overheads. It's terrifying. Dust combos directly off her overhead at max range AND timed, you can use it from air conversions. It's the coolest tool I've ever used in a fighting game.

In footsies, it keeps people honest, but it encourages jumpers...luckily she has B1 which works really well if you're fast enough.

I've mained shotgun since Friday and mid term, it's by far the best. You also get access to her F122+3 string exclusive to shotgun which is her best poke and safe...AND it combos into dust.

Until Hi Tech is fully explored and players are 100% efficient in neutral, Shotgun is the categorically the strongest option, but Full Auto allows for some really dangerous counter picking options. Jacqui is very very strong.

Last edited:

Malec

Noob
:D Shotgun is safe at close range let alone max! I end most strings in it; if you jail them standing, High shotgun leaves you at neutral frames (with Jacqui's moveset, that's perfect) and if you go low (-5 but generally safe), you can program the guy to sit there - at which point you can mix in more overheads. It's terrifying. Dust combos directly off her overhead at max range AND timed, you can use it from air conversions. It's the coolest tool I've ever used in a fighting game.

In footsies, it keeps people honest, but it encourages jumpers...luckily she has B1 which works really well if you're fast enough.

I've mained shotgun since Friday and mid term, it's by far the best. You also get access to her F122+3 string exclusive to shotgun which is her best poke and safe...AND it combos into dust.

Until Hi Tech is fully explored and players are 100% efficient in neutral, Shotgun is the categorically the strongest option, but Full Auto allows for some really dangerous counter picking options. Jacqui is very very strong.
nice to hear that, I am so locking forward to shotgun xD
doese Jacqui have combos out of her overhead and/or low?

JustinXavier21

By Dust you mean...? low shotgun?
Yes, I'll be calling it dust from now on as it kind of counts as a separate attack. It's a mid (not a low) and causes the stagger state which allows you to extend your combo (once) and loop overheads and lows.

For anyone hoping for Batgirl, it is absolutely, categorically NOTHING LIKE THAT. She is not a vortex character and the reason for this is because...

Dust only works from a very specific range and never works up close or in the corner so even from corner to corner you can only get a full combo and a single mixup. If that hits, you're in the corner and the 'vortex' is gone. Shotgun is almost entirely a footsie based tool and her pressure rhythm breaks frequently on a bad guess so it's all about using the mid range tools. The biggest worry is that the shotgun range is super obvious and easy to react to with jumps...which (when people start to get good) will lead to eating a lot of damage and likely losing rounds, so really, we will need to learn how to get in properly; but she has a better variation when the idea is to get in.

Hats off to NRS for finding such a simple solution to killing a vortex without killing the fun though! She ends up with a low risk medium reward 50/50 that doesn't feel braindead and doesn't put the fear of God into your opponent for a single mistake. It's really well balanced :-D

Shotgun is really fun and should be the best option while people are still learning the game, but long term, I think it's going to be all about Hi Tech...and that's gonna require some serious balls because every training wheel crutch comes straight off.

Yes, I'll be calling it dust from now on as it kind of counts as a separate attack. It's a mid (not a low) and causes the stagger state which allows you to extend your combo (once) and loop overheads and lows.

For anyone hoping for Batgirl, it is absolutely, categorically NOTHING LIKE THAT. She is not a vortex character and the reason for this is because...

Dust only works from a very specific range and never works up close or in the corner so even from corner to corner you can only get a full combo and a single mixup. If that hits, you're in the corner and the 'vortex' is gone. Shotgun is almost entirely a footsie based tool and her pressure rhythm breaks frequently on a bad guess so it's all about using the mid range tools. The biggest worry is that the shotgun range is super obvious and easy to react to with jumps...which (when people start to get good) will lead to eating a lot of damage and likely losing rounds, so really, we will need to learn how to get in properly; but she has a better variation when the idea is to get in.

Hats off to NRS for finding such a simple solution to killing a vortex without killing the fun though! She ends up with a low risk medium reward 50/50 that doesn't feel braindead and doesn't put the fear of God into your opponent for a single mistake. It's really well balanced :-D

Shotgun is really fun and should be the best option while people are still learning the game, but long term, I think it's going to be all about Hi Tech...and that's gonna require some serious balls because every training wheel crutch comes straight off.
Yes, hats off for killing any hope of Jacqui being good. I also love how Erron black and Scorpion keep their vortex.

JustinXavier21

Yes, hats off for killing any hope of Jacqui being good. I also love how Erron black and Scorpion keep their vortex.
Not sure if you're trolling...she's DEFINITELY a good character. She has excellent meterless damage, variations that cater to (and deal with) a number of play-styles, a super solid and low risk 50/50 game, footsies, a fast projectile, unblockables, an 11 frame whiff punish that travels half screen and a plus frame poke that comes out almost as fast as her jab...plus occasional standing resets and a long term future of rewarding players who put the time in.

No, she isn't brainless, no she doesn't have a silly sustainable low risk vortex, yes she will require a lot of work...but having to actually think while playing does not mean that a character is not good.

Not sure if you're trolling...she's DEFINITELY a good character. She has excellent meterless damage, variations that cater to (and deal with) a number of play-styles, a super solid and low risk 50/50 game, footsies, a fast projectile, unblockables, an 11 frame whiff punish that travels half screen and a plus frame poke that comes out almost as fast as her jab...plus occasional standing resets and a long term future of rewarding players who put the time in.

No, she isn't brainless, no she doesn't have a silly sustainable low risk vortex, yes she will require a lot of work...but having to actually think while playing does not mean that a character is not good.
Jacqui don't look so good in the video i posted in this thread. So you're saying Erron black and Scorpion and others can be brainless when Jacqui have to work hard to win, seems fair. I'm happy she's is fair. What's the point of having some fair and some broke?

Last edited:

Malec

Noob
Jacqui don't look so good in the video i posted in this thread. So you're saying Erron black and Scorpion and others can be brainless when Jacqui have to work hard to win, seems fair. I'm happy she's is fair. What's the point of having some fair and some broke?
dose it REALY look like he knows what he is doing with Jacqui in this video?! just be serious dude....
dont know why you think Erron Black and Scorpion are braindead omfg
If the top 2 players at fatal8 played Jacqui and some other, you would say the exact same thing...braindead, broken, easy to use, to good bla bla bla. Its day -1 goddamit

Last edited:
dose it REALY look like he knows what he is doing with Jacqui in this video?! just be serious dude....
dont know why you think Erron Black and Scorpion are braindead omfg
If the top 2 players at fatal8 played Jacqui and some other, you would say the exact same thing...braindead, broken, easy to use, to good bla bla bla. Its day -1 goddamit
CDjr is a top player. I'm just salty Jacqui looks trash. It's still hope she can be great, I'm just salty.

Malec

Noob
CDjr is a top player. I'm just salty Jacqui looks trash. It's still hope she can be great, I'm just salty.
being a top level player dosent make you instantly know everything about a completly new character, dose it? Dose it look like anythink like high level play and max damage combos in this vid to you?!

Status
Not open for further replies.