What's new

General/Other - Erron Black (Old) Erron Black Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
We don't know if it's the best yet, we haven't seen his others. The corner pressure he was doing you can do in all of his variations - he only used Impale like 4 times.

Plus people are already demanding nerfs smh lol. I hope there's no knee-jerk reaction like with Scorpion.
No nerfs till like 2 months into the game unless its an infinite.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Why are people talking about "low tier" or not in this thread? lol...they played for two days. Lets decide this several months from now.
Because "low tier" is usually seen the same as "bad" and though the tourney was merely a glimpse into what high level Erron play may look like, it's enough to be able to say that he isn't bad, at least not Outlaw.

No one in here is saying he'll be top at all.

there's very few posts that imply that he'll be low tier in a serious tone. I don't think he'll be zod levels of amazingness but def solid enough to compete without getting buried. I've seen a lot of posts that are to the effect of "he seems too hard to play so he might be low tier" but thats just silly speculation. Having armor on a lot of his stuff is I N S A N E, even if it's for a bar. I loved how sonic was using sand grenade too, throwing it on meaty and running behind it to close the distance after a command grab or combo. This character looks 12x more hype after fatal8.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Outlaw Erron looks like he'll be my third-string pick. That was so much fun to watch him in action.

That was the version that I was most interested in due to the options given with the sword, but I didn't think that the variation had nearly as much potential as sonicfox showed it does.

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I've seen the Semi-Finals and Grand Finals and holy shit @SonicFox5000 just destroyed with Erron Black. That was some of the most hype stuff I've seen and I see the appeal for Outlaw now... That sand attack and NJ are pretty scary.

#FurryPowah :DOGE

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Is the move where he throws sand off the ground Outlaw only?

i kinda wanna see some coinshots in action, but Outlaw looks like his dirtiest one right now

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
What did he use from outlaw that was so effective specifically? I think the sand throw was about it. never saw him use the arm to great effect and that caltrop/ command throw combo is in all of them if I remmeber right.

All in all still sticking with gunslinger

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
erron black was reminding me off baraka's b3/f2 game while watching the stream yesterday...interesting.

also pocket sand gets me more hype that it prob should lol

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Outlaw gives him an extended neutral jump punch, letting him combo more naturally off his pop up juggles leading to carry in to corners combos.

What sonic fox used to particular effect was Errons sand bomb, enabling him to set up vicious corner set ups. That and his transitions into sand tackle as a combo ender.

What Gunslinger does is increase Errons Mid-screen game through SOS set ups and Coin Flip (god I wish it were an overhead), although I am finding it difficult to get a synergy going that makes this particular variation worth using instead of the other two.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Outlaw gives him an extended neutral jump punch, letting him combo more naturally off his pop up juggles leading to carry in to corners combos.
Does he get this kind of thing in Marksman, too? Like does he use his rifle to hit the opponent?

NurzBenny

Old Member
Does he get this kind of thing in Marksman, too? Like does he use his rifle to hit the opponent?
From what I tested last night, you can do b32u1 in marksman and waste a minuscule amount of stamina to do a running jp and get similar results.

First thing i did post fatal8 is see what erron could get in the other variations combo wise. He's still uber dangerous because all the meaty mix up strings are exactly the same, but you just vary the combos slightly. In marksman you can do something like f13(overhead, low) into ex walkback rifle shots, run, sonic fox Xerox to your hearts content.

More testing to be done, but yeah, the 50/50s coupled in with the variations where you can actually zone, this character is love. I KNEW 112 and command grab were gonna make him good, leave it to sonic fox to show just how good.

And might I add that the 21122 punch flurry string into command grab is NOT pick up and play easy. Not that any of us should be surprised at this point, but being able to do that consistently on that stage, with that little practice time, hats off to the kid.

Glad erron seems broke, I was here first, I have no shame

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Wait so the literall overhead shot isn't an overhead? goddamit
Yeah, but on the plus side it can be used as an AA - the bullet is active before and after ricocheting off the coin. The weird thing is, SOS > 3 follow up (SOS is Gunslinger variation specific) is a multi hitting low anyway :( Still, his f,4 drop kick hits as overhead, so there's that. I'm guessing NRS thought coin flip being overhead was too dirty - oh well.

Edit; ninja'd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.