What's new

General/Other - Erron Black (Old) Erron Black Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurzBenny

Old Member
From my initial impressions, Erron is solid solid character. His 112 string is plus as hell and combos into itself in the corner. Can set up a nice full screen game in Marksman with the walk back shots, caltrops wherever you do or don't want them to stand (throw them right into Kotal's sun beam to nullify its effects), charging the longshot for a mix up, coupled in with sand grenade to keep them honest low. Sand gust is great anti air, comes incredibly fast, recovery is minimal.
Sand trap, the command grab is a SUPER important move, and probably Erron's . . . if not best, most useful tool in sticky situations. Haven't looked up how much armor it has (i assume 1 hit, but can't tell, i've yet to see anything beat it). Without it, I think he'd feel incomplete.

Sand slide is a nice low, hella negative though and priority isn't much to sneeze at. Doesn't low profile the way you think it would. Loses to some high and mid strings that you think it wouldn't. And mileena ball eats this up free. don't go ground traverse for ground traverse with her.

Marksman is by far my favorite variation. Haven't found any good swingshot combos yet, but soon. Gunslinger's ok, but I think there's a lot of similar things you can do in marksman, perhaps a little slower, but more effectively. Just a -day 3 thought.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Of course, brain was off yesterday, will work on some stuff with that today. You have a midscreen bnb already? Gimme notations
I wrote it below, but I'm not a crazy combo maker : f13, ex bf3, f12, dbf1, 32% 1 bar.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
From my initial impressions, Erron is solid solid character. His 112 string is plus as hell and combos into itself in the corner. Can set up a nice full screen game in Marksman with the walk back shots, caltrops wherever you do or don't want them to stand (throw them right into Kotal's sun beam to nullify its effects), charging the longshot for a mix up, coupled in with sand grenade to keep them honest low. Sand gust is great anti air, comes incredibly fast, recovery is minimal.
Sand trap, the command grab is a SUPER important move, and probably Erron's . . . if not best, most useful tool in sticky situations. Haven't looked up how much armor it has (i assume 1 hit, but can't tell, i've yet to see anything beat it). Without it, I think he'd feel incomplete.

Sand slide is a nice low, hella negative though and priority isn't much to sneeze at. Doesn't low profile the way you think it would. Loses to some high and mid strings that you think it wouldn't. And mileena ball eats this up free. don't go ground traverse for ground traverse with her.

Marksman is by far my favorite variation. Haven't found any good swingshot combos yet, but soon. Gunslinger's ok, but I think there's a lot of similar things you can do in marksman, perhaps a little slower, but more effectively. Just a -day 3 thought.
What's his best wakeup? Also how does he do up close and in footsies range?

NurzBenny

Old Member
What's his best wakeup? Also how does he do up close and in footsies range?
Since right now nothing has invincibility without spending meter, I'd say ex command grab, still needs more testing

And from my limited experience, he handles himself just fine in the midrange. Again, more testing to be done

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
That neutral J3 in Outlaw destroyed MIT. Looks like a great option for stuffing a lot of wake up options without meter.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I have to hope people will adapt and it won't be as easy to pressure someone on knockdown as easily as Fox seemed to be able to. Erron's mixup game looks incredibly dangerous, and the armor on that damn pocket sand.... good lord.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Why are people talking about "low tier" or not in this thread? lol...they played for two days. Lets decide this several months from now.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Told you Outlaw would be the best. That corner pressure was relentless. Props to Sonicfox.
We don't know if it's the best yet, we haven't seen his others. The corner pressure he was doing you can do in all of his variations - he only used Impale like 4 times.

Plus people are already demanding nerfs smh lol. I hope there's no knee-jerk reaction like with Scorpion.

Status
Not open for further replies.