What's new

General/Other - Erron Black (Old) Erron Black Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
and that is without any nails on the floor... Im sure that can possibly get squeezed out
Here's how I foresee Erron in the future:
Most common variation used (tournament play anyway) will be Outlaw so find some damaging combos, end with sand for a standing reset, go for the guaranteed "stab grab." Say like you do 30% before the reset, that's an extra 10% plus in addition to the DOT effect. Since Erron recovers faster than the opponent after it, throw some spikes, MB if you want to and then sit there to bait wakeups. If they don't, pressure them on block with strings or go for a throw. Those who had the game early showed your opponent does in fact take the spike damage while being thrown. Obviously this is best applied in the corner if this strategy even works.

Also this is just speculation but it looks like the MB rifle butt in Marksman launches the opponent high enough to throw spikes down and continue the combo. :confused:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Around the 5 min mark he goes over Erron's normal & specials' frame-data.

He has a 13f low & a 15f overhead that are both the first hits of strings, meaning hit-confirmable 50/50s (we'd be able to hit-confirm into Sand Grenade which is -5).

Also, his D4 is +22 on hit and only -2 on block.

** EX Sand Grenade is +8 on block & does 3% chip when MB'd.

Obviously take this with a grain of salt due to the patch but damn lol.

Last edited:
Around the 5 min mark he goes over Erron's normal & specials' frame-data.

He has a 13f low & a 15f overhead that are both the first hits of strings, meaning hit-confirmable 50/50s (we'd be able to hit-confirm into Sand Grenade which is -5).

Also, his D4 is +22 on hit and only -2 on block.

Sand Shot (The coin toss) is +8 on block & does 3% chip when MB'd.

Obviously take this with a grain of salt due to the patch but damn lol.
Nice.

In the stream they said you could do close/mid/far Caltrops but it wasn't in the pause screen so I was unsure, but it's there in the specials menu.

I think Sand Shot is when he MBs the rolling Sand Grenade.

Also it seems like his pocket sand is a universal special (I'm guessing it's "Sand Gust").

Jesus he has a lot of specials lol.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Nice.

In the stream they said you could do close/mid/far Caltrops but it wasn't in the pause screen so I was unsure, but it's there in the specials menu.

I think Sand Shot is when he MBs the rolling Sand Grenade.

Also it seems like his pocket sand is a universal special (I'm guessing it's "Sand Gust").

Jesus he has a lot of specials lol.
Ah yeah you're right, my bad lol.

Sand Gust could also be that anti-air bomb that we saw on stream. I think they said that was a universal special. Not too sure though.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Did someone find a BnB higher than 32% midscreen 1 bar ? I love his mixup in corner. 50/50 for life !

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Did someone find a BnB higher than 32% midscreen 1 bar ? I love his mixup in corner. 50/50 for life !
Just started using him tonight but didn't go too hard. Was playing a couple of other characters first. But I did get about 29% and 30% and I'm not sure what his most powerful launcher or ender was. I'll check again in the morning.

What mid screen combo you use?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Just started using him tonight but didn't go too hard. Was playing a couple of other characters first. But I did get about 29% and 30% and I'm not sure what his most powerful launcher or ender was. I'll check again in the morning.

What mid screen combo you use?
A good starter overhead pretty good range followed by low :

f1, 3, ex bf3, f1, 2, dbf2. 32%

Corner I b3, 1, u2, NJP, JiK, 1, 12, dbf2. 39% I think, starting by a low.

Last edited:

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I am sooooooooo tempted to main this character. I've been a sub zero loyalist since mk1. I'm too much of a Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood fan to not main him. I feel that he will become my primary.

i'm going to assume the thread got merged with the other 1 so it can have a dumb quote thing in front of it and to spite me

As I predicted, this character excels in the corner.
I meaaaaaaaaan, that guy's channel has a bunch of corner combos that go: start, en pop-up, njp, jump kick, ender. It's an incredibly basic combo for what it is. I'm sure he has some silly stuff in the corner, but this is definitely not that lol

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Playing around with gunslinger variation, I love it so far.

Stand Off Stance (d,b,1 then follow up [1 cancels SOS)

SOS > 2 has really quick start up (almost instant) which is great, and the range on the AA is really good and accurate - It "works" so to speak. As a Guile player who's used to setting up a sonic boom, baiting and waiting for appropriate AA, this is an easy and perfect transition for me. I just have to get used to the notations :D

SOS > 3 (horizontal shots) works as you'd expect.

SOS > 4 (low shots) the final shot will hit full screen as a low - trolololol.

Caltrops is a great addition to his tool set but I don't think it is the core (the dot seems to be quite low initially so not sure if people will actually respect this). Fortunately he seems to have the appropriate frame data and plenty of options to actually do something after setting up, so he's not just some one dimensional character.

In terms of AAs, you have:
A) d2 which seems to be the quickest but least horizontal range (d2s generally speaking work well in this game),
B) down, back 4 (sand bomb, which launches on hit and can be cancelled into - fantastic in corner!) it has sort of like a DP range with a bit more start up than d2. It can be followed up with slide for some sweet bonus damage.

C) and then in gunslinger you have the SOS > 2 (aa) which has most horizontal range but you can't follow it up with anything.

F,4 is a running drop kick that hits medium, which is great if you've got them to respect the slide and for general mix ups. It does have a slight run start up animation so not so great for instant footsies, but potential application is there.

Slide is sick - it can low profile Sub-zeros ice blast and his ice clone (should he decide to throw it at you)

LOVING IT

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
i'm going to assume the thread got merged with the other 1 so it can have a dumb quote thing in front of it and to spite me

I meaaaaaaaaan, that guy's channel has a bunch of corner combos that go: start, en pop-up, njp, jump kick, ender. It's an incredibly basic combo for what it is. I'm sure he has some silly stuff in the corner, but this is definitely not that lol
I don't know who keeps changing these thread titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.