What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Terrible idea alert!

Having the new final TE versions of the characters as the default selection, but having the Vanilla versions also usable, by like using the HSmoke code for each one? Kinda like what they did for SF2. Would this even be doable? Probably not. Is this a terrible idea? Probably.
What would be the point then? We would end up with vanilla Kabal and HS in top 8 just like before. Also, like @dreemernj said... UMK3 is not programmed to easily handle such a thing.
Out of curiosity, what is holding him up?

Also, any thoughts on, or could you purvey the idea of having some hits disabled by damage percentage instead of hit count?
This thing called holidays and a break after the first beta was released.

Also, I think that scorpions final elbow should not knock characters so far away. With his current set up, he pretty much has to rush down to get anything done, and this is pretty much a free reset for opponents
Yeah, now that it knocks further away you can't get a sweep afterwards if it is done while < 8 hits. This is a concern with the testers as well.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Something I forgot about until a few minutes ago... Sonya has some really weird leftover frames, specfically her uppercut and after her back hand knock-away combo ender. any chance of cleaning those up?
I don't see anything with the uppercut, but after the B+HP ender yeah.
I'm pretty sure I noticed some left-over frames in one of Kabal's combo strings too (I didn't play him much, but I remember his hand and hooksword showing up as a left-over in one of the strings).
After Knee,LK
jade pulls her pole out when u do 2-hits kick combo, so there're my 2 cents
After Knee,HK

Any others you guys noticed? I'll pass this along.

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
Any others you guys noticed? I'll pass this along.
I think something to do with ermac having an axe for a couple of frames, although it's always been there apparently. (If the LP in his HK,LP whiffs)

Also, Sheeva's air throw isn't working.
Also, is the whole TKS not counting as a hit going to be looked into? (like some kind of wierd workaround? I'm very pedantic, I know)
:)

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I think something to do with ermac having an axe for a couple of frames, although it's always been there apparently.

Also, Sheeva's air throw isn't working.
Also, is the whole TKS not counting as a hit going to be looked into? (like some kind of wierd workaround? I'm very pedantic, I know)
TKS is staying as it is. I explained the why already.

DWednesday

TKS is staying as it is. I explained the why already.
Oh yeah, I totally understand why, I was just wondering if that was final, or was going to be looked at later down the line to see if anything could be done about it.

Also, anyone ever notice these? (The most minor of minor things ever)
"When Kung Lao runs, if you take a closer look you will notice a small arrow next to his hand. The same can be seen when you hit Jax and make him stagger back or when Stryker do Baton Throw."

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Oh yeah, I totally understand why, I was just wondering if that was final, or was going to be looked at later down the line to see if anything could be done about it.

Also, anyone ever notice these? (The most minor of minor things ever)
"When Kung Lao runs, if you take a closer look you will notice a small arrow next to his hand. The same can be seen when you hit Jax and make him stagger back or when Stryker do Baton Throw."
TKS as it is, is pretty much how it will stay.

Yeah those animation frames are known, but there is little that can be done about it. The hacker doesn't know how to add or edit graphics into the ROM to be used. HSmoke and Noob portraits will be added down the line copying exactly what the Juggernaut hacker did, so if anyone knows who that is and he/she can explain it, then nothing will be added or edited (sound or gfx assets).

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Was this an intentional nerf? When you teleport whiff then go into a popup with hSmoke/Ermac, you can't do a teleport again in the combo. So tele whiff, run in to popup, jk, tp, the tp is disabled. I assume it's due to a time limit from tp to tp. Just curious if this was intended or accidental.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Was this an intentional nerf? When you teleport whiff then go into a popup with hSmoke/Ermac, you can't do a teleport again in the combo. So tele whiff, run in to popup, jk, tp, the tp is disabled. I assume it's due to a time limit from tp to tp. Just curious if this was intended or accidental.
you have to work within the confines of the new disable timer... What is it now? 112 frames. So plan accordingly.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
you have to work within the confines of the new disable timer... What is it now? 112 frames. So plan accordingly.
I wasn't aware of it, thanks. Yeah, it's not too hurtful, but it is if you're unaware of it, lol.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
LOL, I'm like that too. It irks me a little as well, though I understand why it is the way it is.

All the hard work and thoughts the guys are putting in to make this game better are appreciated. :)

Can't wait to see more high-level play footage. Hopefully when MKX comes out, they'll play UMK3:TE and MK2:TE as side tournies (and MK2011).

DWednesday

The idea with Ermac was to still allow all of his UMK3 combos. He initially had the TKS count as a hit, but that required the disable to be one hit higher to still allow all of his combos and that allowed an extra hit before TKS in a punishment situation that was too strong. This is why the TKS will not count as a hit.
(I'm totally playing devil's advocate on this one, btw. I know it's over a very minor point, but I like knowing the reasoning behind stuff because it interests me :D)
A few character's have lost certain viable combo options (Robot), whilst other's have had their's completely revamped (Kabal), and yet a point was made so that the lame-ass red-ninja gets to keep all his vanilla combos :p I totally understand now why people keep suggesting that there is some kind of favouritism towards the TPers now (That last part was a joke).

I guess, I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind what was decided on for 'Mac :)
(Plus that TKS hit limit thing really bugs me :p)

DWednesday

Also, DOUBLE POSTING!

A few cents from DW about the characters that he plays. (Personal opinions :D, and a lot of this is probably stuff I've mentioned before.)

Jax: Backbreaker range should be reduced.

H.Smoke: (Y), maybe a bit salty about the air-throw still, but hey, invisibility>air-throw.

Sektor: With the DP added to the TPU after 2 hits, makes having this as an option seem pretty pointless at all times except off of a naked TPU combo starter. (As @Konqrr has stated that the "TPU juggle bug" will be fixed eventually, depending on the way it is dealt with, may make this even more pointless.)

Kabal: New Kabal = Awesome, the only gripe I have is that I think he need to recover from the "saw pose" a little faster. That is all.

Sheeva: I personally think that buffing the damage each of her normals seems like a very "half-assed" way of changing the character, and I really hope that that isn't the final cut/idea for her, but hey, I'm not the one hacking the game, and this is just my personal opinion. (Also, how about an air-throw? :D)

Liu Kang: Low FB. This needs to be a low :D

R.Smoke: Invisibility is too long, needs nerfing (gunna argue that point until my death :D) other than that, Robot is (and always has been) amazing.

And that's it. DW, over and out.
xX

Last edited:
If Sheeva gets an air throw nightwolf gets a spear. Because stereotypical Indian characters throw spears! Haha

There me be some major programming issues with sheeva causing her to be buffed that way. But that's my best guess.

I prefer human smoke to have the air throw as well, but...baiters gonna bait.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
(I'm totally playing devil's advocate on this one, btw. I know it's over a very minor point, but I like knowing the reasoning behind stuff because it interests me :D)
A few character's have lost certain viable combo options (Robot), whilst other's have had their's completely revamped (Kabal), and yet a point was made so that the lame-ass red-ninja gets to keep all his vanilla combos :p I totally understand now why people keep suggesting that there is some kind of favouritism towards the TPers now (That last part was a joke).

I guess, I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind what was decided on for 'Mac :)
(Plus that TKS hit limit thing really bugs me :p)
What "certain viable combo options" are lost for said "Robot"?

Sheeva is damn good now.

Why does HSmoke need an air throw besides:
* He's always had it
* He has it in MK9
* I want it back ;_;

He certainly doesn't need it.

Sheeva is damn good now.

* He's always had it
* He has it in MK9
* I want it back ;_;

Well considering there are some "future" mk moves possibly getting Mugen'd in, "he has it in mk9" is a good reason...

How about an mk2 run and throw?
:DOGE

DWednesday

Sheeva is damn good now.

* He's always had it
* He has it in MK9
* I want it back ;_;

ROBOT: TPU, HP, JK, Air-throw. This specific combo :D Which IMO, was his best option off a TPU against 70ish% of the cast. It's still doable on all characters, however there's no point in even trying it on most of the cast now due to the air-throw reduction. Not that I mind, tbh he needed it gone or nerfed. :D Also, TPU, HP, Spear, 5hit Dial, because it offered free invisibility, but is now pretty much worthless :).

SHEEVA: I never said she was bad, I just stated that the changes that've been made to her seem very half-assed/last minute.

HSMOKE: Invisibility > air-throw. The salty remark was meant as a joke.

This still didn't answer my devil's advocate Ermac question :D

Last edited:

DWednesday

Also, some Sheeva stuff...
2. (mid-screen) HKs, HP, HP, LP, F+HP, aaHPx2, RH, Ground Stomp (9 Hits, 61%)
This combo in the current beta... Oh my life :D
The furthest I've gotten it is Jump starter, HP, HP, LP, FHP, aaHPHP, RH, Inescapable Ground Stomp hit reset bounce thing, aaHPHP, JK
I think an aaHPHP, RH is doable at the end but i haven't quite gotten it yet :(.
Hit's for somewhere in the 90s I think...

Damn. Dat damage :D
Plz nerf :DOGE

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Also, some Sheeva stuff...
This combo in the current beta... Oh my life :D
The furthest I've gotten it is Jump starter, HP, HP, LP, FHP, aaHPHP, RH, Inescapable Ground Stomp hit reset bounce thing, aaHPHP, JK
I think an aaHPHP, RH is doable at the end but i haven't quite gotten it yet :(.
Hit's for somewhere in the 90s I think...

Damn. Dat damage :D
Plz nerf :DOGE
Been working on some resets and setups with Sheeva, some awesome stuff you can do with her. Laptop broke though, getting it fixed soon.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Just to know, is there a way to add umk3 TE in the "available arcade" folder in MAME ? Im asking because when you patch the rom, and audit it, MAME flag the game as "non-working".