What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

Marvaz

come at me
ufc is my favorite sport. This weekends card im picking

mighty mouse ( i am not a fan of anything under lw tho )
glover (but i hope rampage kos to end the hype train)
pettis will win 100% sure about this
guida
bader(rep reno)
looks like i was 100% right....damn i know my UFC.

CRUM

Noob
Pettis showed that he's on that top level. If Dana doesn't give him the winner of Bendo/Melendez I will be extremely upset. He DESTROYED Cowboy. Absolutely awesome.

Also how fuckin nasty is TJ Grant? He holds the longest win-streak in the Lightweight division behind the champ. I think a couple more wins and he's in title talks. I'd love to see Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Grant next.

Mighty Mouse annoys me and when he comes across someone with pinpoint accuracy he will lose the title. I think John Moraga will be the next champ at Flyweight.

I was VERY surprised to see how well Lamas did against Koch. That was my upset of the night.

187x

Noob
Pettis showed that he's on that top level. If Dana doesn't give him the winner of Bendo/Melendez I will be extremely upset. He DESTROYED Cowboy. Absolutely awesome.

Also how fuckin nasty is TJ Grant? He holds the longest win-streak in the Lightweight division behind the champ. I think a couple more wins and he's in title talks. I'd love to see Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Grant next.

Mighty Mouse annoys me and when he comes across someone with pinpoint accuracy he will lose the title. I think John Moraga will be the next champ at Flyweight.

I was VERY surprised to see how well Lamas did against Koch. That was my upset of the night.
Pettis was suppose to get a immediate title shot when the wec merged with the ufc lol. hopefully gilbert will beat bendo, Cesar Grace fight team!! gilbert vs pettis will be sick. i hate bendo hes not the LW champ in my eyes he lost both title fights to franki and definitely 100% lost the second one fukk outtaa here ben henderson

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.

Dana said Pettis will get the next shot after Melendez.

Honestly I was a bit surprised Dodson caught MM so many times. The first time he dropped him I was thinking "Ok, MM won't get hit like that again," but then he ends up getting dropped 2 more times in the 2nd round. It was a great fight. They should have been putting Moraga higher up on the last card. He was on the facebook prelim so nobody knows who he is. But 2 great finishes in his 2 fights, he should be getting a #1 contender fight next, but it will be hard to market him since he's been buried on the undercard.

Lamas should be getting a #1 contender fight next, or maybe even be the next in line for a shot.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I wasn't. That was actually the only fight I was pretty certain about (other than the Rampage one)

The title fight made me mad. If Dodson pounced on him when he got those big shots he could've ended it with a tko.

Grant is impressive but I don't think he is ready for a title fight yet. I think next in line after the Melendez fight should be Maynard or Pettis. Just pls don't let Guida get something. Let him die or whatever.

CRUM

Noob
I wasn't. That was actually the only fight I was pretty certain about (other than the Rampage one)

The title fight made me mad. If Dodson pounced on him when he got those big shots he could've ended it with a tko.

Grant is impressive but I don't think he is ready for a title fight yet. I think next in line after the Melendez fight should be Maynard or Pettis. Just pls don't let Guida get something. Let him die or whatever.
Guida's at 145 and probably won't get by the Poiriers and Korean Zombies of the world

Big Frog

Noob
Pettis looked amazing, and it has been a while since I've seen blood spurt like that when Erik's eye sploded. That's one of the things I don't like about Fox. If that was PPV, we would of seen it more.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Man, I finally caught up, so now I can come back and talk here again, haha. Anyway, my impression from the last two cards is that it's time for Rampage, Gonzaga, and Rothwell to retire. UFC is making way for a new breed of LHW/HW, and it's not the kind that gasses in the 1st round and then 'works' at air for the rest of the match.

Dodson deserves a pile of credit. I don't know why anyone should be mad at MM; Dodson lost that fight for 2 reasons -- wrestling and conditioning. MM was simply in better shape, far more aggressive, and was able to fight at the same pace through all 5 rounds. The more Dodson levels his wrestling and conditioning up, the less of these issues he'll have -- but a lot of times it takes a loss to wake you up. See: Cain vs. JDS II.

This weekend has a pile of interesting fights.. I'm always stoked to see Rashad back in the octagon as well.

Also this is really do or die for Overeem; this fight is tailor-made for him to win it, and if he doesn't, then the ghosts of Werdum from Strikeforce are going to come back and have people saying he was never that great and is a better Kickboxer than MMA artist. It's really critical that he win this match in dominating fashion.

Benavidez/McCall is also interesting.. So many great fights.

CRUM

Noob
This is an edgy, edgy pick CRUM. I'm going to roll with Aldo, but I respect your fortitude. Haha
I thought Edgar won his last two fights. And I'm not comparing Benson's leg kicks to Aldo, but Edgar is probably the most resilient fighter in the UFC. I refused to pick against him after he beat BJ Penn twice because you simply can never count him out.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I thought Edgar won his last two fights. And I'm not comparing Benson's leg kicks to Aldo, but Edgar is probably the most resilient fighter in the UFC. I refused to pick against him after he beat BJ Penn twice because you simply can never count him out.
I think Egdar may have won the first, and lost the second -- but even if he'd solidly won them both, neither Ben Henderson nor an aging BJ Penn is on the level of Jose Aldo. Aldo is one of the most dangerous fighters in the sport as a whole, has finished 7 of his last 10 fights, and carries a set of tools and a level of accuracy combined with power that puts him in a different category.

This is by far the biggest test of Frankie Edgar's career.

CRUM

Noob
I think Egdar may have won the first, and lost the second -- but even if he'd solidly won them both, neither Ben Henderson nor an aging BJ Penn is on the level of Jose Aldo. Aldo is one of the most dangerous fighters in the sport as a whole, has finished 7 of his last 10 fights, and carries a set of tools and a level of accuracy combined with power that puts him in a different category.

This is by far the biggest test of Frankie Edgar's career.
Aldo's one glaring weakness is when he gets put on his back. Edgar is definitely the fighter to pressure him and threaten with takedowns.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Aldo's one glaring weakness is when he gets put on his back. Edgar is definitely the fighter to pressure him and threaten with takedowns.
But if Chad Mendes couldn't put him on his back, it's not looking great for everyone else. Chad is probably the most dominant wrestler at that weight.

CRUM

Noob
But if Chad Mendes couldn't put him on his back, it's not looking great for everyone else. Chad is probably the most dominant wrestler at that weight.
Yeah you could say that, but Aldo blatantly grabbed the cage to avoid Mendes' takedown, which directly led to the knockout.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I have
Aldo (Decision)
Evans (2nd round KO/TKO)
Overeem (1st round KO/TKO)
Fitch (2nd round submission)
McCall (Decision) will change to Benavidez if McCall shaved his mustache

Prelims
Tibau (Decision)
Woodley (1st round KO/TKO) I'm really looking forward to seeing this guy in the UFC
Green (Decision) Also pretty excited to see him here
Edwards (2nd round KO/TKO)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
UFC is making way for a new breed of LHW/HW, and it's not the kind that gasses in the 1st round and then 'works' at air for the rest of the match.
While this is true, I still love seeing these massive dudes throwing bombs for 5 minutes even if they're nearly dead when the round's over.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Woodley + Cormier crossing over just made the UFC that much more exciting, + the womens' division as well.
I want Cormier to beat the SHIT out of Mir.

My top 3 fights I'm hype for this part of the year are Mir vs Cormier, McDonald vs Barao, and Jones vs Sonnen (of course).

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I have
Aldo (Decision)
Evans (2nd round KO/TKO)
Overeem (1st round KO/TKO)
Fitch (2nd round submission)
McCall (Decision) will change to Benavidez if McCall shaved his mustache

Prelims
Tibau (Decision)
Woodley (1st round KO/TKO) I'm really looking forward to seeing this guy in the UFC
Green (Decision) Also pretty excited to see him here
Edwards (2nd round KO/TKO)
If Fitch submits Maia I will shit myself.