Votes: 14 10.7%
  • Yes, But I would not use him

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Yes, but as a Cyber Skin for human Smoke only

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • No, Not at all

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
I'm guessing some of you guys never played through story mode? Smoke didn't get turned into a robot this time around, so it wouldn't make any sense to get robo-Smoke as DLC, at least in THIS game.

With that said, I'd still be fine with robo-Smoke as DLC. :)

Altaire

Noob
I'm guessing some of you guys never played through story mode? Smoke didn't get turned into a robot this time around, so it wouldn't make any sense to get robo-Smoke as DLC, at least in THIS game.

No, I haven't played through story mode, I just have Cyber Subs in my avatar because he isn't my main.

Why does no one understand that Rain and Freddy fucking Kreuger are in this game? Those are both what-if characters with no relevance to the actual plot, so why can't Cyber Smoke be one?

Robo SMoke with varied version of humans specials
I really hate when people say this. Why the hell would you want a SLIGHTLY ALTERED character if you can have a completely new one? Like, really?

It's fucking ignorant at that, because you can go "lalalalala I play Smoke, so I don't care if the new character is just another Smoke". Those of us that aren't big on Smoke and want someone new get shafted just so you can get the same character twice? Yeah, no.

Panque

Random foreign guy
Robo Smoke is my main in UMK3, so I really would like to play with him.
No costume guys, that would just suck. It makes me sad people hate robo smoke like that, wonder if you guys used to play umk3 a decade ago... Always thought he was one of the most popular characters =|

Also:

Cyber Smoke > Fujin > Bo Rai cho > Tanya > the rest.

What part of "he doesn't have to be canon with the story" did you not get from my post?

Why does no one understand that Rain and Freddy fucking Kreuger are in this game? Those are both what-if characters with no relevance to the actual plot, so why can't Cyber Smoke be one?
I wouldn't say Rain is a "what if" fighter. Skarlet we see several times in cutscenes but never fighter her and we hear Shao Khan mention Kenshi in a matchup even though we never see it and this game does tak place during the first 3 MK's and Rain was in UMK3. So Rain was probably still there amongst Khan termination squads we just never see him/encounter him. Just because there endings are not canon doesn't mean they were'nt there doing something offscreen during story mode, behind the scenes.

I hope that made sense.

But yeah Freddy is really the only "what if" fighter we have so far in my opinion. Though that could change if we get Cyber Smoke.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Well isn't this one big lovely circle jerk.

I seriously don't understand all the love for RoboSmoke. Just because he was the most overpowered in umk3 everyone suddenly starts liking him and has all of a sudden, been their all time favourite.

He has always been a very 2d and hardly unique character till mk9 where his human form was given a proper story. Robot smoke is like Motaro. No longer relevant.

Panque

Random foreign guy

I seriously don't understand all the love for RoboSmoke. Just because he was the most overpowered in umk3 everyone suddenly starts liking him and has all of a sudden, been their all time favourite.

He has always been a very 2d and hardly unique character till mk9 where his human form was given a proper story. Robot smoke is like Motaro. No longer relevant.
You don't play umk3 a lot, do you?

he should definitely be an original character, and nrs would be smarter by selling him, and not making him some weak ass skin. honestly who cares about the storyline, especially with dlc characters.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I definitely would love to see Cyber Smoke as DLC. Again, though, I want him to be unique like his human form, with special attacks that fit for him.

Yeah, I miss RoboSmoke. I think most people would play him over the Smoke they have in MK9.

What's with the hate? People have always liked RoboSmoke since UMK3. It's not like the rush of Tanya lovers and other characters nobody cared about until MK9 released.

Everyone who has played UMK3 have been wondering where this character would pop up and the tease of it in the story irritates me. Then we saw human Smoke with his Albert Einstein hair...ultimate facepalm moment, oh and don't tell me you weren't like "wtf?!" when you saw it the first time lol.

Altaire

Noob
What part of "he doesn't have to be canon with the story" did you not get from my post?

I wouldn't say Rain is a "what if" fighter. Skarlet we see several times in cutscenes but never fighter her and we hear Shao Khan mention Kenshi in a matchup even though we never see it and this game does tak place during the first 3 MK's and Rain was in UMK3. So Rain was probably still there amongst Khan termination squads we just never see him/encounter him. Just because there endings are not canon doesn't mean they were'nt there doing something offscreen during story mode, behind the scenes.

I hope that made sense.

But yeah Freddy is really the only "what if" fighter we have so far in my opinion. Though that could change if we get Cyber Smoke.
The point is that Rain is nowhere to be found in story mode, period. His "story" is confined to his bio, his ending and his character vignette online. It'd be the same case for Cyber Smoke, and so there's no need to justify his inclusion. Like I said, if they can justify adding Kratos and Freddy fucking Krueger, they can justify adding Cyber Smoke.

This is so unbelievably fucking ignorant it's surreal. First off, Smoke wasn't even anywhere near as good as Kabal or Stryker in UMK3, so anyone who liked him purely in the interest of tierwhoring would've been better off with one of those. Second, most of us were fucking tweens when UMK3 came out; do you really think we cared about tiers back then? Smoke didn't "all of a sudden" become an all-time favorite; he's always been popular, and it's pretty fucking arbitrary to assume otherwise just because he doesn't appeal to you. Some of us just so happen to like him because we thought he was a cool character when we played MK3. Some of us might happen to like him because oh, I don't know, we like how the cyborgs were redesigned for MK9? Both in terms of how they look and how they play, I love all three of the cyborgs in MK9. I liked cyborg Smoke when I was younger, and I can remember maining Smoke and Sektor in MK3 (at the ripe old age of seven). It only makes sense that I'd want to see him in MK9, both because I'd like to see how they'd redesign him and because I'd like to see how his playstyle would carry over. I was really impressed with how Cyrax was redesigned to better differentiate him from Sektor, and I love what they did for Cyber Sub's design. I'd like to see how Cyber Smoke would look, and I'd love to see how he'd play.

You were saying?

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
The point is that Rain is nowhere to be found in story mode, period. His "story" is confined to his bio, his ending and his character vignette online. It'd be the same case for Cyber Smoke, and so there's no need to justify his inclusion. Like I said, if they can justify adding Kratos and Freddy fucking Krueger, they can justify adding Cyber Smoke.

This is so unbelievably fucking ignorant it's surreal. First off, Smoke wasn't even anywhere near as good as Kabal or Stryker in UMK3, so anyone who liked him purely in the interest of tierwhoring would've been better off with one of those. Second, most of us were fucking tweens when UMK3 came out; do you really think we cared about tiers back then? Smoke didn't "all of a sudden" become an all-time favorite; he's always been popular, and it's pretty fucking arbitrary to assume otherwise just because he doesn't appeal to you. Some of us just so happen to like him because we thought he was a cool character when we played MK3. Some of us might happen to like him because oh, I don't know, we like how the cyborgs were redesigned for MK9? Both in terms of how they look and how they play, I love all three of the cyborgs in MK9. I liked cyborg Smoke when I was younger, and I can remember maining Smoke and Sektor in MK3 (at the ripe old age of seven). It only makes sense that I'd want to see him in MK9, both because I'd like to see how they'd redesign him and because I'd like to see how his playstyle would carry over. I was really impressed with how Cyrax was redesigned to better differentiate him from Sektor, and I love what they did for Cyber Sub's design. I'd like to see how Cyber Smoke would look, and I'd love to see how he'd play.

You were saying?
Lol u analvolcanoed dael wit it nerd

Altaire

Noob
Also:

Truthfully i hate Cyber Smoke's look in the later games, I kinda hope they overhaul his look and give him a new cyber design.
Well, he only made one other appearance in the later games, in Deception (and by extension, Armageddon). I agree that his primary costume in those games looked awful, but his alt looked great, and it was actually much closer to his MK3 appearance.

I don't know about you, but I think that looks pretty badass. For the most part, he looks a lot like his original incarnation, though he's a little... Blacker than I remember (that sounds really racist out of context, but uh, you know what I mean). What's really cool to me is that his helmet design looks completely different from Cyrax in MKDA or Sektor in MKA, yet it still looks true to form. It's more reminiscent of his portrait in MK3, which looked somewhat different from the other cyborgs and was arguably his most distinctive feature. Like, this is just a perfect design overhaul, as far as I'm concerned. He has a new and interesting look, while still looking enough like his original design to be identifiable; he doesn't look like a completely different character altogether, like SOME certain characters did in the PS2 era (I'm looking at you, Rain).

If the MK9 redesign was somewhere along the lines of this, I'd be all over that.

Altaire

Noob
Lol u analvolcanoed dael wit it nerd
Call someone a nerd

Spew overused 4chan memes like a socially inept /b/tard.

...Well okay.

P.S. I won't even point out how stupid you look for accusing someone else of being a nerd on a Mortal Kombat fansite. If anyone here could deny being a nerd in some capacity, they have issues.