Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Yes, but as a Cyber Skin for human Smoke only

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • No, Not at all

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lyuben has been infracted, I'd delete his posts, but i'd rather show people how ignorant they are. So just Ignore his posts and move on.

:focus:

Altaire

Noob
Done and done.

So who else thinks Cyber Smoke might draw from Sektor and human Smoke in the same way that Cyber Subs draws from Cyrax and human Subs? I think it could be kind of an interesting concept, and Sektor's teleport uppercut is one of the only attacks he still retained in MKD. I have a feeling he'd still use it.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I'm on board with Cyber Smoke. I agree that the cyborg redesigns (actually, most of the cast) were knocked outta the park. Sektor appears to be a labor of love for whoever designed him - they took their time with all the details. Same for Cyrax, with the exception of his pecs in the versus screen - WTF is up with that wrinkled appearance to it? It looks like someone fucked up trying to apply the gray sticker to the yellow body.

All in all, if they try as hard with Cyber Smoke - and why wouldn't they - as they did with CSZ, Sek and Cyrax, I'd love to see it. I'd also love to see the result of their brainstorming for how to apply smoky moves to a robot.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Rumour is, there will be FOUR more DLC Characters, and one of them will be GUEST.

But, Fuck the guest charcater, because realistically Robo Smoke has to be one.

The only others it could be, would be:
Fujin
Tanya
Taven
Bo
Frost
Reiko

Frost and Reiko, those are a stretch.

UsedForGlue

If he is a new DLC character, he needs to have:

Air Throw
Chest Spear
Teleport Uppercut
Invisibility

Altaire

Noob
Rumour is, there will be FOUR more DLC Characters, and one of them will be GUEST.

But, Fuck the guest charcater, because realistically Robo Smoke has to be one.

The only others it could be, would be:
Fujin
Tanya
Taven
Bo
Frost
Reiko

Frost and Reiko, those are a stretch.
I'll just be blunt: I see anywhere from 2 to 4 more sets of DLC characters (meaning, 8 to 16 more characters) depending on how long it'll be before we get another MK game; we'll probably only get one or two more batches if an expanded edition of MK9 ever comes out, a la UMK3, since that's bound to have some characters of its own. For one, Paulo Garcia is quoted as saying that if the DLC keeps selling, they're just going to keep making more and more DLC characters. Second, why the hell wouldn't they? It's a great marketing venture. They get a hell of a lot more bang for their buck selling one character for $5 than they do selling a full game for $60, and for the fanbase, it just means more content. It's content they get to pick and choose, at that; if Shinnok was released as DLC tomorrow, all the diehard Shinnok fans would be ecstatic, while anyone who isn't interested wouldn't have to spend a dime. All in all, DLC characters are just better for everyone, really. If you agree with this, make sure you speak up about it. I want it to be up here for NRS to see. Vote for Cyber Smoke in this poll as well, if you want him in this game. NRS is never going to include him unless they think there's enough fan demand to make it worth their while.

Also, if I were to take a stab in the dark, I'd say the most likely DLC Candidates are Tanya, Reiko, Frost, Cyber Smoke, Havik and Tremor (okay I'm just fucking with you). Those are the only remaining post-MK3 characters I can think of who are especially popular with the fans, and there's been a lot of buzz about Frost and Cyber Smoke. I'd expect to see at least a couple of the above characters in the next DLC batch.

UsedForGlue

Forgot about Shinnok...

If they release Shinnok and Cyber Smoke, NRS will make a killing and send the fans ape shit. They must be the two next DLC Characters.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Forgot about Shinnok...

If they release Shinnok and Cyber Smoke, NRS will make a killing and send the fans ape shit. They must be the two next DLC Characters.
I forgot about Shinnok too. I'd rather have him than Tanya, that's for sure. No idea how NRS would feel about doing it though.

UsedForGlue

I forgot about Shinnok too. I'd rather have him than Tanya, that's for sure. No idea how NRS would feel about doing it though.
Ed Boon likes Tanya as a character, she's one of his more favourite characters, but because she was not MK1-UMK3 or important enough to the story line as Quan Chi was, then she didn't make the cut.

leek

Noob
Have you guys not noticed in ladder mode, if you fight klassik smoke its the original with the harpoon and everything?

If you see him on ladder in the forest map, press Select + Down and the fight starts immediately.

I think they should stick to the format they had with the first character DLC pack, meaning one rumored based/new character, one post mk3 character, one excluded mk3 character, and one guest character. This could equal to

Hornbuckle or Nimbus Terrafaux
Tanya or Frost (We need more women)
Cyber Smoke
Jason (for obvious reasons)

The best part about all this is that a lot of fans wanted human Smoke and a lot want Cyber Smoke and because DLC's don't have to be canon with the story Cyber Smoke can be a what if fighter while Human Smoke is still canon.

This is one of the few cases where we get to eat our cake and have it at the same time so really NRS should take advantage of this while they can before the next game. His story could be that after using the undead Cyber Sub Zero a few times Quin Chi see's the advantage of making a cyborg so he has undead Smoke turned into one as well or Cyrax and Sektor could have cybernized his corpse or it could be a what if story of Cyborg Smoke from the 1st timeline somehow travled back in time and ended up in the second timeline.

"MK2" Smoke already has a Spear, so I see no problem...but, I think it'd be funky to see a "Double Teleport Uppercut" to match his human style a bit.

He could keep most of his normals/combos.

I don't care for smokeball much though, something more fun like Sonya's kiss spray, or teleport uppercut feints, and make him 'smokier' so visibility of his moves is obscured maybe, which was the point of Smoke anyway.

Or make his projectile counter into something with mixup options, like coming from below/above/behind, etc.

The best part about all this is that a lot of fans wanted human Smoke and a lot want Cyber Smoke and because DLC's don't have to be canon with the story Cyber Smoke can be a what if fighter while Human Smoke is still canon.

This is one of the few cases where we get to eat our cake and have it at the same time so really NRS should take advantage of this while they can before the next game. His story could be that after using the undead Cyber Sub Zero a few times Quin Chi see's the advantage of making a cyborg so he has undead Smoke turned into one as well or Cyrax and Sektor could have cybernized his corpse or it could be a what if story of Cyborg Smoke from the 1st timeline somehow travled back in time and ended up in the second timeline.
OK so what happened is one time Randy Beaman went on a trip with his dad and they picked up a lady who wanted a ride home and this was in Kansas and she sat in the back seat and when they got where she wanted to go they turned around and she was gone and Randy Beaman's dad talked to the man who lived there and told him what the lady looked like and the man said oh that's my wife but she died four years ago spooky huh?

'K, bye.

Moral of the story: please punctuate, sir, if you would be so kind.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
They should give him scorpions old teleport punch from MK1-3, where it has limited range and doesn't track, and doesn't even teleport if you are far enough away from the screen.

Human smoke also had it, so it kinda fits, not really, but I loved the way it worked and miss it.