What's new

Official Pokemon Go Thread (Beginner Tips inside)

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
25. But won't be playing for awhile, fell and fractured a rib.
Sorry to hear. I stepped into a pothole last week in the park. I remember some dudes saying "anorther one!?" While I was getting up lol.

Once you get to level 20, you start getting hugh CP pokemons that evolve to 1200+ easily.

Yeah there starting to come in now. I'm gonna be force to be reckoned with.

Soon.

You could always use a joystick.

Credit goes to WillSupport4Food for alerting us and pulsivesilver over at Silph Road for pointing out that nests have changed since this morning. This is just an easier list for people to look at.

• Abra -> Growlithe
  • Bellsprout -> Poliwag
  • Charmander -> Bulbsaur
  • Clefairy-> Nidoran♂
  • Cubone -> Drowzee
  • Diglett -> Paras
  • Doduo -> Ponyta
  • Dratini -> Eevee
  • Drowzee -> Seel
  • Eevee -> Magikarp / Clefairy
  • Electabuzz -> Jynx
  • Gastly - >Magnemite
  • Growlithe -> Meowth
  • Geodude-> Machop
  • Hitmonchan -> Voltorb
  • Hitmonlee -> Krabby
  • Jigglypuff -> Vulpix
  • Jynx -> Scyther
  • Krabby -> Shellder
  • Machop -> Growlithe
  • Magmar -> Electabuzz
  • Magikarp -> Pinser
  • Magnamite -> Geodude
  • Mankey -> Meowth
  • Nidoran♀ -> Sandshrew
  • Nidoran♂ -> Nidoran♀
  • Oddish -> Jigglypuff
  • Onix -> Doduo
  • Pikachu -> Ekans
  • Rhyhorn -> Cubone
  • Pinser -> Magmar
  • Ponyta -> Bellsprout
  • Sandshrew -> Pikachu
  • Scyther -> Staryu
  • Seel -> Slowpoke
  • Shellder -> Slowpoke
  • Slowpoke -> Tentacool
  • Squirtle -> Charmander
  • Tangela -> Cubone
  • Tauros -> Magmar
  • Voltorb -> Gastly
  • Vulpix -> Clefairy
What does this list means?! I can't understand it.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So last night I just sat my tablet on my bed, didn't leave my room at all and here's what I caught thanks to the app not being able to get a GPS signal and just moving me about itself:
A few Drowzees, Weedles, Caterpies, Pidgeys and Zubats
Eevee, Clefairy, Clefable, Staryu, Vulpix, Psyduck and my starter Bulbasaur

That's decent right?

There's an Oddish about but I'm too lazy to get dressed and go out and get it. There was also a Jynx, a Gastly and an Alakazam outside last night but it was 4am so I didn't get them :(

TamedLizard

Buff George
Alakazam outside last night but it was 4am so I didn't get them :(
I would have hauled ass. :p

Abra and Gastly both are hard to come by here which sucks since Alakazam and Gengar are my all time favorites. I've kinda accepted that the only Gengar I'll ever get is the one that came on the cap I just bought. :rolleyes:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Guys, found a great site to find your Pokemon's IV's. Pokeadvisor.com

It's really easy and simple and gives you other stats as well.
image.png
image.png

image.png

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I caught a scyther outside my place at like 4 am. Can Pokemon be made stronger or do you pretty much have to catch them strong?

TamedLizard

Buff George
So regarding IVs vs CP....

If I have two of the same species but one has 50-100 more CP with a 35% IV and the other has less CP but 80-90% IV, should I focus on the higher IV or CP?

If I have two of the same species but one has 50-100 more CP with a 35% IV and the other has less CP but 80-90% IV, should I focus on the higher IV or CP?
I'd like to know about it as well.

Another question: why when someone beats my pokemon at the gym there is always 1HP left? I can't use my revive potions because of this.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

IV's are great but really only add I believe a max of 10% more attack/better stats. For instance, if your Pokemon's base attack is 150, with max attack IV it will be 165. Each Pokemon has different base stats, IV's are basically modifiers to max these stats out. So it depends, generally I only power up Pokemon with 80% or better IV's.

That said, if you add all the max IV's that's a 16% better Pokemon than the original, which is significant enough to warrant powering up the ones with the better IV's.

@nathancorsini

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm thinking of posting a guide on tips and explaining IV's, stats, attacks and more. Anyone interested or is it a wastw of time? Been bed ridden for a week so been doing research to keep from being bored lol

Error

DF2+R2
I would have hauled ass. :p

Abra and Gastly both are hard to come by here which sucks since Alakazam and Gengar are my all time favorites. I've kinda accepted that the only Gengar I'll ever get is the one that came on the cap I just bought. :rolleyes:
Same here, well, I've caught like 60 ghastly candies worth of Ghastly, but I only have 4 Abra.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I'm thinking of posting a guide on tips and explaining IV's, stats, attacks and more. Anyone interested or is it a wastw of time? Been bed ridden for a week so been doing research to keep from being bored lol
Yeah, please do. I am trying to make the OP a info post for all of the players.