What's new

Official Patch Notes & Hotfix Released!

Husteen

Noob.
well yay. took a little more than 1 week after us psn and more than 2 weeks after xbox!
glad eu finally got the patch, go play! =]

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
So tommorrow I'm getting dark souls and probably will barely touch MK for a long time....

And the patch finally comes...
This this this!!!!!!11!1!! Can't freaking wait for Dark Souls!!! There goes all my free time for a good while!

But still glad we've finally got the patch.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Okey, so after getting patch i am sure 99% that we didnt get any netcode improvement. Though i started to play offline i would appreciate a decent online match from time to time. Ever since the 1.04 came out imo the netcode gotten worse. How dose the online feels in the States with you guys after recent patch?

Husteen

Noob.
not really.
i wish they'd give online one more shot because i know they can make it good. remember the 1.02 patch? online was soo close to offline and it was lovely.

Saltea Moonspell

not really.
i wish they'd give online one more shot because i know they can make it good. remember the 1.02 patch? online was soo close to offline and it was lovely.
Yeah...you're right. Though even the 1.03 was good. The freddy patch somehow messed the netcode. I still dont understand why are they ditching this problem. I believe that over 60% people who bought the game like to play online. And if they dont get decent connection then they will get rid off the game as it wont be entertaining anymore.
The part of us who dont give a fuck for online play is very small comparing to the rest of people who still wanna play online. What i mean is this could be bad for business.

I don't see at all how the 1.04 patch could have made the netcode worse. Maybe Freddy just drew a large amount of attention to the game and that meant there were way more people online.

The problem is still people's connections. The idiots who leave other stuff running on their connection are always laggy, the people from Mexico are always laggy, but the people I have great and smooth games with are always consistently smooth, every day.

Saltea Moonspell

The connection is not the only issue. There are many who go online with running torrents and staff but these people dont know what they are doing in general. I i assume that the patch did brought in some unexpected changes, though none of as can prove it nor verify it.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
The connection is not the only issue. There are many who go online with running torrents and staff but these people dont know what they are doing in general. I i assume that the patch did brought in some unexpected changes, though none of as can prove it nor verify it.
Plus one person's connection can affect the entire match. If I play someone with a laggy connection it's like rolling a dye every time I input a combo.

Husteen

Noob.
individual connections also play a role but it's mainly the netcode. the 1.02 patch offered beautiful online gameplay at the cost of desyncs with matches that would have lagged in the first place. people didn't like that so they were removed in the 1.03 patch which introduced input delay instead of actual lag and that's where we are today.

Husteen

Noob.
Citation needed.
thats not really up for debate. this is how it went:
1) 1.02 patch= no lag, flawless online play, desyncs galore.
2) 1.03 patch= no desyncs. input delay now replaces lag.

i know it was a few months ago but it should still be pretty fresh in our minds. the point is, online would be perfect if we could have the smooth gameplay and responsive inputs of 1.02 with the desync fixes of 1.03. i believe they can make that happen but they most likely aren't going to try.

leek

Noob
thats not really up for debate. this is how it went:
1) 1.02 patch= no lag, flawless online play, desyncs galore.
2) 1.03 patch= no desyncs. input delay now replaces lag.

i know it was a few months ago but it should still be pretty fresh in our minds. the point is, online would be perfect if we could have the smooth gameplay and responsive inputs of 1.02 with the desync fixes of 1.03. i believe they can make that happen but they most likely aren't going to try.
Thank you!!!

I've been saying this forever.. 1.02 was perfect. and then the new patch came out and I was caught in lag again :(

Husteen

Noob.
Thank you!!!

I've been saying this forever.. 1.02 was perfect. and then the new patch came out and I was caught in lag again :(
and thank you!

there's Shadowfire's citation. =D

i actually liked the desyncs because online was soo good during 1.02! the matches that did connect were excellent.

I've only been playing this game a couple months which was why I wanted to know if there was any official word that the netcode actually changed around then.

Husteen

Noob.
I've only been playing this game a couple months which was why I wanted to know if there was any official word that the netcode actually changed around then.
it did but people whined about the desyncs so they changed it back to the laggy online we know today.

Good to know. You know what would be a better system? Letting the player with the faster connection decide the netcode lag compensation method on a per-match basis. That would also incentivize actually caring about your connection.