What's new

Official Patch Notes & Hotfix Released!

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
ETA for PSN EU ? Anyone knows ?
May I reiterate this? What the hell is going on? As per usual, EU PS3 is at the bottom of the gaming downloads food chain (I've pretty much given up on the idea of us ever getting MK Arcade Collection). But does anyone know why we haven't got this patch yet? And when we can actually expect it? Getting rather frustrating now. I can accept there being a difference in getting the patch between consoles but why is there any difference in when the NTSC version get's it and when the PAL version get's it?

Not a happy bunny =[

webreg

Noob
You know, the guy with the USB stick around his neck has to swim through the ocean first to deliver the patch to the EU PSN people. That takes time. But seriously, as far as I know, Sony as well as other companies first implement and deliver to the US. After this is done they start in other countries and zones. It seems they are not capable of parallel implementation. Funny thing is, they are king with worldwide release dates of their products but that's different, they earn money with.

Husteen

Noob.
EU usually gets patches the same time as US (although technically 1 day later)
i think this time they released the patch as early as they could because they knew people were getting upset and tournaments are coming up and stuff so maybe they weren't ready for EU's release. idk.
i remember it took like a month for EU to get the very first patch =/ and another time they actually got a patch before US so who knows?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
well what about the europe based tournies?
yes i know there not as "important" as american ones before that is said

i have my next tourny on nov 19th
,if i have to wait a month to play it patched,i might as well not go,
with the "new" wakeup system,
the adjustments made to dashing,
neg edge adjustments,
jip adjustments
let alone the adjustments to the characters and the character that i plan to use for it

like seriously the offline ps3 europe users need this asafp

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
well what about the europe based tournies?
yes i know there not as "important" as american ones before that is said

i have my next tourny on nov 19th
,if i have to wait a month to play it patched,i might as well not go,
with the "new" wakeup system,
the adjustments made to dashing,
neg edge adjustments,
jip adjustments
let alone the adjustments to the characters and the character that i plan to use for it

like seriously the offline ps3 europe users need this asafp
Same mate. I have a tourney in less than four weeks, it's seriously annoying being last in line. Owning an XBox has never been more appealing...

The game mechanics changes aren't so huge that you can't prepare for the tournament by simulating them (as in, avoiding trying to stuff wakeup attacks, not relying on jip into throw, etc.). The big changes are in the character balance tweaks, so if you just get out of the habit of things like f3 2 nut punch then you should be good.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
If you were American you'd know, that they are not important and that all European players suck compared to all those great US players.
That is the biggest bullshit you could've come up with. Some respect kid - some of us are European and i dont appreciate your arrogance!

1man3letters

The game mechanics changes aren't so huge that you can't prepare for the tournament by simulating them (as in, avoiding trying to stuff wakeup attacks, not relying on jip into throw, etc.). The big changes are in the character balance tweaks, so if you just get out of the habit of things like f3 2 nut punch then you should be good.
simulate them? so i might as well play a different game if i want to "simulate" how mk plays
not bein able to cancel dash with dash is pretty damn big
jip jailing with attacks also been changed not just throws
"new" wakeup system is HUGE
the way baraka was changed is HUGE,how am i to simulate the new d1,safer and faster spin.ex charge and the new combos only possable with this patch???

simulate them? so i might as well play a different game if i want to "simulate" how mk plays
not bein able to cancel dash with dash is HUGE
"new" wakeup system is HUGE
the way baraka was changed is HUGE,how am i to simulate the new d1,safer and faster spin spin.ex charge and the new combos only possable with this patch???
Then don't practice and be worse at the game. I was just suggesting a way you could try and compensate for getting less time with the patch.

The dash nerf is important but it's not nearly as game changing for most characters as people make it out to be.

You can't do anything about the Baraka changes, I didn't say you could.

1man3letters

Then don't practice and be worse at the game. I was just suggesting a way you could try and compensate for getting less time with the patch.

The dash nerf is important but it's not nearly as game changing for most characters as people make it out to be.

You can't do anything about the Baraka changes, I didn't say you could.
anything that changes a game is important, just cause dash nerf doesnt effect everyone doesnt mean you shouldnt know how it effects everyone,knowledge of what other chars can do not just who i play

i never said i wont be playing the game till patch comes out,i love this game,i play every chance i get
let me give a example using another well known fighter, do u think for a ssf ae tourny, people would train using just supersf?
hell no they wouldnt!

all im sayin is the more time i can get playing the version that will be at the tourny the better, and the irish scene is mostly xbox players who would have already had the patch,what 10 days ago?
so the longer i dont have the patch the more worse of i am because of it because for the char i will be using and some of the chars i know certain irish players main and the fact more people will be at it because of the promotion tym is giving it ( which is awesome of storms to do btw)i need as much time as i can get to try and improve on my 3rd place finish last time

Husteen

Noob.
i understand the hostility in not getting the patch yet. i would have died if i were still waiting for it.
the negative edge tweaks took like a day to get used to and the wakeup system is different, still not sure about it but the AI's wakeup attacks seem godlike so far.

webreg

Noob
Since I want to play Baraka and Jade I guess you can give me advice in "simulating" their new move properties. But yes, I've stopped playing last weekend and won't until the patch comes out. Surely my proficiency will wither some but in the meantime I can play other games and actually have much more fun instead of playing make believe.