What's new

General/Other Official Patch Notes for Bane Announced by Ed Boon!

There's a storm coming, TYM. You and your top tier friends better batten down the hatches because when the patch hits you're all going to wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little favorable matchups for the rest of us.
You should have saved that quote for Catwoman Buffs if she gets them man.

I don't get it. Why are they posting the buffs like they were costumes or dlc? like promoting? wtf? haven't you realize that all those things are nothing if you can't try it and discover new tech? just look what happened with the game when it was released! so wth? just release the patch already, buffs aren't suppose to be a marketing tool, its for fixing the mistakes!

Crathen

Death is my business
On a second thought... if the Venom Uppercut buff means he gets a safe on block / advantage Shoryuken then i think he's going to be pretty damn good.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I am perfectly okay with this so far. Defense is an issue with him and the venom debuff amplifies that. Giving venom a defense up is a proper way to balance that out.

He does need to be able to take hits for sure.

Also odd decision to buff f2d3.

Just buff f2 to be safer on block IMHO.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Theory time...how safe do you think MB uppercut will or wont be on block?

Bane effectively got a health boost so that he can play his "play it patient" footsie game FAR easier. Thats pretty big considering he could always turn a math around in a single successful hit and then completely dominate from that point on with frame trap pressure.

Biggest thing to be curious on is the Venom Uppercut though... it used to be -31 on block. Now we can MB it on whif or block which says to me they wanted it to have a safe option to allow you to use it more. Whether that means the extra attack from the MB to NRS or the extra attack in addition to block frame advantage I dont know...

Seriously though, if you are whining about these buffs know that Bane was fine before so I'm sorry he didn't become braindead. He's not a poke and play dude. He uses armor to start his stuff safely and punish, he frame traps off block frames and he mixes in grabs to screw up folks thinking they know how to just block all day, zone and run. He gets 60%+ off a single touch, has the most damage (and health now), and best front dash in the game. He was fine. He'd eat chip starting his game but always netted more than he lost in both damage and screen advantage.If you came into this expecting him to be made into a free top tier for you then you were never really interested in learning the character to begin with.

Bane just got better at playing how he was meant to play. I see this as awesome and you'll catch no whining from me on this :D

E

Eldriken

He just might. BTW bonus points for having the name of one of the more underrated DC characters.
Referring to Doomsday? If so, that's my dude. He's the first character I ever decided to pick with the sole intention of pissing people off. Haha.