What's new

General/Other Official Patch Notes for Bane Announced by Ed Boon!

I like these buffs but it doesn't really shoot Bane up the ranks to S tier. if anything, it makes this already ridiculous rushdown character more dangerous. However, you better know how to play defensively cause obviously you will be taking a hell of a lot of damage until the trait cooldowns depending on what level you were on.

People clearly know nothing of strength. The buffs are cool, but Bane doesn't even take much damage while he's juiced up. He's usually armoring through everything. This doesn't really change much, but its definitely cool and fits the character.

That said the venom changes will make the mb b3 and charge trade more favorable.

I was hoping for a Ring Toss priority increase and a little more damage on Double Punch, so this was a surprise to me. Well let's see how it shakes out.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
People clearly know nothing of strength. The buffs are cool, but Bane doesn't even take much damage while he's juiced up. He's usually armoring through everything. This doesn't really change much, but its definitely cool and fits the character.

That said the venom changes will make the mb b3 and charge trade more favorable.
It's going to make all trades favorable, which is what I don't think people realize yet. Popping venom to take less dmg when getting combo'd is cool, but think about all the damage you take when armoring through stuff. That getting reduced is a big deal.

It's going to make all trades favorable, which is what I don't think people realize yet. Popping venom to take less dmg when getting combo'd is cool, but think about all the damage you take when armoring through stuff. That getting reduced is a big deal.
Yes, but its all percentage based. 15% of 10% is fairly insignificant , even if it happens 10 times. Even at lvl 3, its only 30%. And that's if you get hit that much with venom and you're at lvl 2 or 3. 5% is meaningless.

Don't get me wrong. Cool buffs. But people freaking out are doing so for no reason.

Here comes the over-hype of Bane, until the patch notes drop and we see 1000 why did my character get the Deathstroke treatment threads. Haha for real though, I like the buffs, and they will help for sure. It's just not overly crazy as everyone seems to think it is. We're still taking absolutely massive damage if we pump level 3 for that damage reduction.

Espio

Kokomo
Yes, but its all percentage based. 15% of 10% is fairly insignificant , even if it happens 10 times. Even at lvl 3, its only 30%. And that's if you get hit that much with venom and you're at lvl 2 or 3. 5% is meaningless.

Don't get me wrong. Cool buffs. But people freaking out are doing so for no reason.

Every bit of reduced damage helps, it's not meaningless at all.

A lot of times matches will be down to the wire, having an extra 5-10% extra health you didn't lose because of your trait properties could mean the difference between winning and losing a match. Every percent counts.

It also potentially means Bane would have to clash less, which basically boils down to him having more meter for other options.

As an example: If he eats a 30% combo and is at level three the combo will now do 20 ish percent, which brings me to my above statement.

Every bit of reduced damage helps, it's not meaningless at all.

A lot of times matches will be down to the wire, having an extra 5-10% extra health you didn't lose because of your trait properties could mean the difference between winning and losing a match. Every percent counts.

It also potentially means Bane would have to clash less, which basically boils down to him having more meter for other options.

As an example: If he eats a 30% combo and is at level three the combo will now do 20 ish percent, which brings me to my above statement.
Of course it helps. It doesn't really change anything for him. It doesn't fix anything. I'm on with it and its cool, but its not magically going to make him way better like people posting seem to think.

Espio

Kokomo
Of course it helps. It doesn't really change anything for him. It doesn't fix anything. I'm on with it and its cool, but its not magically going to make him way better like people posting seem to think.

We don't even know what's going to happen to Superman, Batman, Black Adam or the majority of the roster so you can't really make that judgement yet.

Nerfs to characters are indirect buffs to other characters too. The bigger picture is important.

For the record, I don't think people should freak out about it, but I do think this is a really solid buff.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Makes him better in matches he did okay in, doesn't fix anything where he gets pummeled for free. Not a good start.

Reactions: SPY

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
There's a storm coming, TYM. You and your top tier friends better batten down the hatches because when the patch hits you're all going to wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little favorable matchups for the rest of us.

Spoken like a true Catwoman main.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Seriously tho, are you going?
I wish, i need to get my finical situation on point before i even think about it. If i could, i would probably go to every major tourney since i really do like this game.

After this patch, i will be repping it hard if its actually good

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Ahhh, you think patches are your ally, but you merely adopted the buffs. I was born in the low tier. Molded by it. I didn't see a favorable matchup until dlc, and by then it was nothing to me be free. Paulo's patches betray you...because they belong to me!

Spoken like an ex Killer Frost player....wait.