What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-up Chart v3

ryublaze

Noob
not mmh. the hitbox on his push goes behind his head and i'm pretty sure will blow up ds. i think tele might blow him up too but I don't remember if MMH tele is invinc or not on wake up.
ok I remember @KingHippo saying that it works good on MMH but I can see the teleport beating you out once he sees that you go for a jump.

Vagrant

Noob
Possibly Batman? He could probably just forward dash but maybe you could find some use against him as well.
batman has to slide to get out.

the thing is though. what batman in there right mind is going to wake up slide when they see deathstroke jumping in. I hit b man players with the setup constantly.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
ok I remember @KingHippo saying that it works good on MMH but I can see the teleport beating you out once he sees that you go for a jump.
The setup I use for martian is a 23 ender, then then slight walk into jump 1. Will stuff push, and if you dial in 1 as you land you will stuff teleport out of its startup. Requires a committal, which is risky, but I'll take it.

Vagrant

Noob
The setup I use for martian is a 23 ender, then then slight walk into jump 1. Will stuff push, and if you dial in 1 as you land you will stuff teleport out of its startup. Requires a committal, which is risky, but I'll take it.
Isn't the setup alone kind of a tell though?

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Sure, but I think they can only forward dash out of it, which is whatever. Empty jump is another one I'm a big fan of.

Vagrant

Noob
so i lost to 2 batman players at final round and one yesterday at the break. any tips on this one?
I'm free to batman.
Slowly becoming less free.

Anti airing is big in this matchup and it isn't easy against that busted ass j2 lol.
Obviously block him low unless you see b2 or the start up for f3

He can actually zone pretty damn well vs deathstroke if he has a life lead and needs to close out the match.
And obviously mech bats make the neutral game challenging

Get him to the corner
Knock him down
Don't let him get up

When I start doing better against good B man players I'll add more info

Vagrant

Noob
Also, how would you guys fight Raven and GL?
That j1 vortex works on both of them. Use it. Most Raven and GL players have no idea about it.

Raven players I wait for them to hang themselves basically.

If they try to soul crush you block and shoot them free
If they try to fireball low shot under them
If your close to full screen and she doesn't have trait out there isn't shit she can really do about low shots.
If she's trying that dumb projectile parry just wait for her to whiff it and shoot her.

When she traits just chill, block the bullshit, wait for the tele (most raven players will chip you with pillars for about 10 seconds, realize you don't care and either immeditely tele or jump in the air and tele) d2 that bitch.

If she's up close and attacking you just block her low.
Watch for f3 and bounce cancel shenanigans but the startup is slow enough to where you should be able to stand block them on reaction.

Her wake ups suck, don't let her get up.

GL I need more work on

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
That j1 vortex works on both of them. Use it. Most Raven and GL players have no idea about it.

Raven players I wait for them to hang themselves basically.

If they try to soul crush you block and shoot them free
If they try to fireball low shot under them
If your close to full screen and she doesn't have trait out there isn't shit she can really do about low shots.
If she's trying that dumb projectile parry just wait for her to whiff it and shoot her.

When she traits just chill, block the bullshit, wait for the tele (most raven players will chip you with pillars for about 10 seconds, realize you don't care and either immeditely tele or jump in the air and tele) d2 that bitch.

If she's up close and attacking you just block her low.
Watch for f3 and bounce cancel shenanigans but the startup is slow enough to where you should be able to stand block them on reaction.

Her wake ups suck, don't let her get up.

GL I need more work on
Is there no safe options vs Traited Raven? I go for Yolo bum rush down with Yolo QF at times but in reality I have no idea wtf I'm doing.

Also her J3 is a pain. Easy confirms with D1 and I can't do shit. While MY J3 followups get stuffed.

Played Glass Sword long ago and it was like 30-1. Although it was the time when I didn't give a flying shit about playing seriously and learning. I wasn't even adjusting to online timing so I dropped my combos 100% of the time. Anyways, that was off-topic

Vagrant

Noob
Is there no safe options vs Traited Raven? I go for Yolo bum rush down with Yolo QF at times but in reality I have no idea wtf I'm doing.

Also her J3 is a pain. Easy confirms with D1 and I can't do shit. While MY J3 followups get stuffed.
You can aa her jump 3. Just have to space yourself well. It's tough.

and no, in trait all of her bullshit is neutral. and she gets solid damage if something hits you. just crouch block and look for tele. When you compare her trait to like zod, it's really not that bad at all.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You can aa her jump 3. Just have to space yourself well. It's tough.

and no, in trait all of her bullshit is neutral. and she gets solid damage if something hits you. just crouch block and look for tele. When you compare her trait to like zod, it's really not that bad at all.
Zod Trait outside of set-ups is a bill. I still have yet to see someone mash forward dash when Zod Traits up in the neutral game. Trait can't slash right away after it's out. You have time to dash twice. Bait him to do Zod Charge or he eats pressure before he gets to do anything with Trait.

Vagrant

Noob
Zod Trait outside of set-ups is a bill. I still have yet to see someone mash forward dash when Zod Traits up in the neutral game. Trait can't slash right away after it's out. You have time to dash twice. Bait him to do Zod Charge or he eats pressure before he gets to do anything with Trait.
Zods aren't just going to pop trait in the neutral game. It's usually full screen or after a knockdown.

And yes zod trait outside of setups is a bill.
Which is why zod players do setups after trait.

I don't know who your playing and I don't want to give you the "You just don't know" speech, but it really is something where you have to fight against a quality player to understand how good it is.

Matix218

Get over here!
so i lost to 2 batman players at final round and one yesterday at the break. any tips on this one?
This is the matchup I have the most experience in since my brother is a Batman main.

This is a bad matchup for DS in my personal opinion but not horrible, 6-4 batman IMO.

If Batman starts the match off with a big combo and takes a decent life lead this can get really brutal as he can then go into turtle mode and start keeping you out with a mixture of batarangs, MB (and delayed MB) batarangs, and trait bats which works very well for him.

Smart Batman players will start using this strategy against DS once they have a moderate life lead.

Batmans J2 gives DS problems, the only time you will beat it in the air is with a pre-emptive j1 (at least in my experience) or if the Batman is slightly late on their J2 you can actually j1 and flat out beat it, (but dont count on this working too often) but either way DS j1 does do better against Batman's J2 than most other characters air attacks do.

Trait bats also give DS major headaches because they essentially give Batman a free-in (which goes against one of deathstroke's main strengths of keeping people out with gun mixups and forcing them to approach with caution).

Basically the only advantage Deathstroke has in this matchup is momentum. If you can score a combo/knockdown on Batman his wake-up options are sorely lacking and you can often times keep that momentum going, especially in the corner. Batman will either wake up with slide (full combo punish if you read and block low) or in the corner sometimes wake up with parry (again, if you read this GG's to batman) or he will wake up with block/backdash (knowing that his wake ups suck lol) so the guessing game is in your favor any time you score a knockdown on him.

Be very careful trying to use any MB launchers (F3/B3) against batman unless it is on reaction to him doing so, because 90% of the time if you throw out a meter burn launcher (especially B3, F3 is still useful especially in the corner against Batman) batman's multiple hitting fast strings will beat out your armor and you will have just lost a bar for nothing.

@AVN PTH jonnitti it does not help that since you are a regular at the break, you probably play the best Batman player in the world so (given that this match is already in bat's favor) it is going to be a major uphill battle for you.

My advice probably wont help much against someone of Arma's caliber lol. His mixups are flat out scary and I know they would hit me too lol

I have some experience vs Batman as my sparring partner does main him. My strategy was developed a while ago and haven't really gotten around to putting it into effect so it's all theory. Anyway here it is.

Goal
The goal is to drain Batman's resources and push to corner.

Spacing
I like the spacing where their jump in whiffs.

Guns
Use freely at full screen or mid screen only when Batman has no bats otherwise you will be punished on block. Good time to use them? Right after you push block. Why? No bats and maybe Batman will jump in at you, playing into Deathstroke's game. Batman runs away? No problem, build that meter back or chase him down.

Bats
In a 99 second match Batman only has 12 opportunities to call bats before the timer runs out. Use this to your advantage by killing time and push blocking them when used offensively.

Note: timer / call bat
99 3 bats
90 1 bat
81 1 bat
72 1 bat
63 1 bat
54 1 bat
45 1 bat
36 1 bat
27 1 bat
18 1 bat
9 1 bat
0 1 bat

Meter
Going for MB guns and MB f3's is tempting, however in the long run it is more advantageous for the DS player to be spending his meter on draining Batman's resources by push blocking trait cancel mix ups. Always save one bar for the corner be it on offense or defense. Offensively speaking one bar will give you access to a more powerful overhead corner combo and on defense it gives you a get out of jail card against Batman's pseudo 50/50 corner game.

Combo's & Setups
DS has such great wall carry combos there is almost no reason not to carry to the wall when a mid screen combo opportunity comes up. DS is at his strongest in this MU when Batman is up against the wall and obtaining this position is the highest priority. It's where all the magic happens.

Clash
Clashes can be viewed as a means to get health back or reset the positions. Although clashing for health is nice, I find it is overrated. Clashing for position is much better use of it, if at all. It is my personal opinion that in this MU clashing for position > clashing for health.

Conclusion
This is how I approach the MU. It's a simple strategy and may be out dated. I've very little time invested in the game, unfortunately, and it's what I have come up with so far =)